Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Post by Vader »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I didn't watch the game, but i did pvr it. So, i can report more later. I heard he did ok, nothing spectacular. He played with the sedins for alot of the time too.
herb wrote:How did Jensen look against San Jose? I missed that game.
This isn't Jeopardy and you're not Alex Trebek. It goes question first, then the answer.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Vader wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I didn't watch the game, but i did pvr it. So, i can report more later. I heard he did ok, nothing spectacular. He played with the sedins for alot of the time too.
herb wrote:How did Jensen look against San Jose? I missed that game.
This isn't Jeopardy and you're not Alex Trebek. It goes question first, then the answer.
Can I second that?
How many times have it read a longish Bersnoozi post trying to figure out the context until I see a quote at the bottom that finally makes it clear wtf he's on about...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kassian recalled. I wonder if they just wanted a roster spot in case of another deal.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

He got into at least one game on the farm, looked good scoring off the opening faceoff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bNzFJZ_ ... r_embedded
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Galagher hinted that it was a hush hush disciplinary stint for partying while he was supposed to be recuperating from his back problem. Posters in the HF board Chicago Wolves said he was dominant with Archibald yesterday so maybe the message was received?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benjo wrote:Galagher hinted that it was a hush hush disciplinary stint for partying while he was supposed to be recuperating from his back problem. Posters in the HF board Chicago Wolves said he was dominant with Archibald yesterday so maybe the message was received?

Ahhh. That makes sense then. Good on the Canucks if thats the case and good on young Kassian if he gets the message.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Benjo wrote:Galagher hinted that it was a hush hush disciplinary stint for partying while he was supposed to be recuperating from his back problem. Posters in the HF board Chicago Wolves said he was dominant with Archibald yesterday so maybe the message was received?

Ahhh. That makes sense then. Good on the Canucks if thats the case and good on young Kassian if he gets the message.
Here is an actual quote:
Right now Kassian is in Chicago for reasons, which on the surface, certainly puzzle the public. In fact, it’s largely disciplinary given he’s been photographed enjoying himself in some of the local nightspots when he’s supposed to have been nursing an ailing back. But the club doesn’t really want to say so. He’s young and inexperienced in this market — where everything you do is spotted, photographed and dutifully reported.

The Canucks don’t want to talk about it even though they simply want to point out to Kassian that it’s not a God-given right to play in the NHL and that you have to act more than professionally if you want to be part of this organization.

source http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thanks. I like it.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

ditto
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Have to agree. Guess I can't blame AV for this one. Solely on the back of the player.

Hopefully he learns something from this and it doesn't turn all septic. We've had enough of that in this organization.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How can a young player expect to develop under AV when this kind of treatment is meted out?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

A young man being a young man...

Fuck, did I ever drink when I was 21....and I was broke, not making $900k. The temptations for the young man will be large to get himself into all kinds of late night trouble. Good on the organization for reminding him that he is a professional athlete living in a fishbowl.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Heard from a decent source he is a little like SOB in his prime. Time to sort it out, it isn't the 90's where i used to trip over Pavel, Gino, Valk, Antoski and Nedved at the Roxy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently Zack got photo'd while out being a party machine with the bad back and pic's got forwarded to the Canucks Organization. ROFLMAO! S.O.B. jr.

I remember back in the day when my old man owned a certain well known Vancouver establishment, ole Jake Milford put a ban on his players visiting certain establishment. The old man was crushed, they brought in a lot of good business. I almost like Kassian more now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau