Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Call Up Jensen, Kassian demoted

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hey RD when did your dad sell the Dufferin ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey RD when did your dad sell the Dufferin ?
C'mon B Beers, would the likes of Rick Blight, Dennis Ververgaert, Tiger Williams, Gerry Minor, Gary Lupul, Curt Ridley, Moe Lemay, Harold Snepsts, Don Lever, Jack McIlhargy, Chris Oddleifson, Kevin McCarthy, Bobby Manno, Pit Martin, Claire Alexander, Ron Sedlbauer etc., hang out at the Dufferin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
C'mon B Beers, would the likes of Rick Blight, Dennis Ververgaert, Tiger Williams, Gerry Minor, Gary Lupul, Curt Ridley, Moe Lemay, Harold Snepsts, Don Lever, Jack McIlhargy, Chris Oddleifson, Kevin McCarthy, Bobby Manno, Pit Martin, Claire Alexander, Ron Sedlbauer etc., hang out at the Dufferin?
You had to google that, no way you remember all them dudes still...
Remember when they stripped McCarthy of the "C" ? He wasn't too pleased if I remember correctly ...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Apparently Zack got photo'd while out being a party machine with the bad back and pic's got forwarded to the Canucks Organization. ROFLMAO! S.O.B. jr.

I remember back in the day when my old man owned a certain well known Vancouver establishment, ole Jake Milford put a ban on his players visiting certain establishment. The old man was crushed, they brought in a lot of good business. I almost like Kassian more now.
You're a Filipone?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:
Back then the Duff was a fishermans bar.

Huge fuck up with McCarthy's C. He got injured heading into the playoffs and was done. They gave the C to Steamer on the interim and then never gave it back to McCarthy the following year.

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Not sure where to put this, but Kassian will forever be linked to Hodgson, so I'll put it here. Hodgson is getting time on the 4th line now.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 39839/1004

That meant Hodgson was centering John Scott and Patrick Kaleta against the Boston Bruins, two players with a combined zero points on the season.

“He’s got to be better on the defensive side of things right now, period,” Rolston said of why he dropped Hodgson, who remains second on the team with 28 points (12 goals, 16 assists) after Sunday’s 2-0 loss at First Niagara Center.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Not sure where to put this, but Kassian will forever be linked to Hodgson, so I'll put it here. Hodgson is getting time on the 4th line now.

That meant Hodgson was centering John Scott and Patrick Kaleta against the Boston Bruins, two players with a combined zero points on the season.

“He’s got to be better on the defensive side of things right now, period,” Rolston said of why he dropped Hodgson, who remains second on the team with 28 points (12 goals, 16 assists) after Sunday’s 2-0 loss at First Niagara Center.
Heh, that CoHo, whatta schmuck...maybe he should go out for drinks in St. Catherines...
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Larry Goodenough wrote:“He’s got to be better on the defensive side of things right now, period,” Rolston said
Glad to see someone else has eyes.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Not sure where to put this, but Kassian will forever be linked to Hodgson, so I'll put it here. Hodgson is getting time on the 4th line now.
Hope Daddy is patient enough for a long rebuild.

With Miller potentially leaving and Vanek's future uncertain who knows what's going to happen in Buffalo.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Contract year for Cody's dad.

Regier plays hardball.

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Hodgson is 21st out out 21 Sabres players in even strength goals against per minutes played.

And he's played the most minutes of all forwards. There is reason one Buffalo is bad.

His points per minute also fall off a cliff when he's not on the ice with Vanek.

But hey, he has 13 goals, that would be the most in Vancouver, right?
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Time to ask for a trade - how dare they make Cody play defense!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Wow, that bad.

Who'd have thunk.

Rolston clearly does not have a clue how to handle elite level prospects. He's going to ruin the poor kid.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Diehard1 wrote:

Time to ask for a trade - how dare they make Cody play defense!
Mighty Mike is look'n like a freak'n genius...right BD?! 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Did Buffalo completely miss the fact that Coho was getting offensive zone face offs only in his last 30 games here?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!