Why is Kassian dropped to the 4th line?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Why is Kassian dropped to the 4th line?

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Lancer wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:
It's a mistake to take the average inexperienced rookie player and expect that he can jump in on the top line.
He needs to work his way up the depth chart, just like the others did
Whoa dude, your last name start with a V??? :lol:
uh, no. :|
Lancer wrote:[Remembering the Cgy game there were times when Kassian made promising plays and intelligent moves out there which got me hoping he'd keep it going and then... nothing, or the play would die on his stick.

He's out of his groove, the rest of the opposition has caught up to his early-season form, and he's playing linemate roulette. Honestly, if he can just put in a good 3rd line effort for a whole game and create some chances, it could be something off of which he can build.

Having said all that, I do see progress. 8-)
That's what annoys me with AV, this linemate shuffle.
Being "out of groove", inexperienced on the system and maybe some conditioning issues etc, is why he probably should be on the 3rd line for the season, and develop the skills to be a top 6 forward in the future
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kassian started out very well but he is looking like a lazy fucker right now.....at times anyway, he just looks lost and disinterested. Then again he has been playing with Lapierre. Guy can't pass to save his fucking life. That's like going to the bar with Bersnoozi as your wingman and expecting to score.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Kassian started out very well but he is looking like a lazy fucker right now.....at times anyway, he just looks lost and disinterested. Then again he has been playing with Lapierre. Guy can't pass to save his fucking life. That's like going to the bar with Bersnoozi as your wingman and expecting to score.
When Kes gets back, Schroeder should center the third line with Kassian & Booth or maybe Hansen.

But knowing AV we'll get some more of the line-mixing blender
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Kassian started out very well but he is looking like a lazy fucker right now.....at times anyway, he just looks lost and disinterested. Then again he has been playing with Lapierre. Guy can't pass to save his fucking life. That's like going to the bar with Bersnoozi as your wingman and expecting to score.
Gotta admit, I've been chuckling at that last line for the last few minutes. :lol: