I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Berard was a leaf at the time.
Yeah, I'll admit I had mixed emotions at the time. :mex:

It was a very intense physical game and Hossa was something of a target.

Berard had rocked him a few times and had been shadowing him on that particular shift.

Hossa HAD to know Berard was right there.

Only Hossa knows if he exaggerated the follow-through on purpose.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Jovocop
The comment was responding to Mary's comment earlier:
marys comment earlier was a fabrication by a poster on this site.. :look:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

#Blackhawks' Marian Hossa on hit by #Canucks' Jannik Hansen: "He said he was reaching for the puck. I don’t buy it."
Mary, you said the stick-to-the-face play on Berard was an accident. I don’t buy it. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:Jovocop
The comment was responding to Mary's comment earlier:
marys comment earlier was a fabrication by a poster on this site.. :look:
I quoted this comment:
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc

#Blackhawks' Hossa said Canucks' Hansen deserved "at least something. We don’t want to see guys hitting other guys in the head."
Fabrication?? Sorry, am I missing something here??
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:Marion is a girls name.
Maybe DJ Dan can whip out Run DMC's 'Mary, Mary' next time he flops into a heap to draw a suspension.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sorry jovocop....you are good to go...
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Anybody see Kyle Quincey's elbow tonight? Looked accidental, but Anisimov was injured and taken off on a stretcher. According the Jannik suspension Quincey has to get at least a game whether or not He meant to do it. We'll see what Shanny does.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:Anybody see Kyle Quincey's elbow tonight? Looked accidental, but Anisimov was injured and taken off on a stretcher. According the Jannik suspension Quincey has to get at least a game whether or not He meant to do it. We'll see what Shanny does.

Nice fucking bi-focal homer glasses you are wearing. Go to You Tube and replay the elbow from Hansen to the back of Hossa's head over, and over, and over, and over. How the hell is that not not an intentional elbow to the head is beyond me. Unless you are a homer like Diehard here. Can't remember the last time someone tried catching a puck with their elbow, seems impossible. I just tried to catch a tennis ball here in my kitchen with my elbow and nearly broke my beer glass. You should try it, it's impossible unless you can somehow attach a catchers mitt to your elbow ya might.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Anybody see Kyle Quincey's elbow tonight? Looked accidental, but Anisimov was injured and taken off on a stretcher. According the Jannik suspension Quincey has to get at least a game whether or not He meant to do it. We'll see what Shanny does.

Nice fucking bi-focal homer glasses you are wearing. Go to You Tube and replay the elbow from Hansen to the back of Hossa's head over, and over, and over, and over. How the hell is that not not an intentional elbow to the head is beyond me. Unless you are a homer like Diehard here. Can't remember the last time someone tried catching a puck with their elbow, seems impossible. I just tried to catch a tennis ball here in my kitchen with my elbow and nearly broke my beer glass. You should try it, it's impossible unless you can somehow attach a catchers mitt to your elbow ya might.
Wotta waste of beer :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:

Ah - back to being the pompous ass we all know. Tell me where exactly I said Jannik's elbow was accidental? I don't remember commenting on it but you are obviously completely sure. Might want to try watching the games instead of YouTube at some point, maybe you'll learn something. Probably not, but sometimes miracles happen.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Ah - back to being the pompous ass we all know. Tell me where exactly I said Jannik's elbow was accidental? I don't remember commenting on it but you are obviously completely sure. Might want to try watching the games instead of YouTube at some point, maybe you'll learn something. Probably not, but sometimes miracles happen.
What's hilarious in all of this is that all of the talking heads that usually suck Chicago's dick and bend over for the NHL are all calling this a bullshit suspension. They are all saying there was no intent and it was accidental.

Then you come onto the CanucksCorner boards and you have so-called Canucks fans saying that he meant to do it.

WTF is going on? :lol:
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

[quote="Mëds]
RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
What's hilarious in all of this is that all of the talking heads that usually suck Chicago's dick and bend over for the NHL are all calling this a bullshit suspension. They are all saying there was no intent and it was accidental.

Then you come onto the CanucksCorner boards and you have so-called Canucks fans saying that he meant to do it.

WTF is going on? :lol:[/quote]

It's RD - whatever the majority thinks, he argues the opposite. Doesn't matter what it is, he has to be a contrarian just so he feels like he's being original. My father is the same way so I know it well - easiest just to let them do their thing.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It was John Wayne's first name, whatever that may mean. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote:
It means this: It sucked so bad he changed it... :crazy:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:
Wayne's was Marion.

Hossa's is Marian.

For the record.

And for the record JW was rumoured to be a homosexual.

NOTHING wrong with it, just saying.
____
Try to focus on someday.