I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: OMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm......
:thumbs:

Buddy we're the only two sane ones left!

SRSez........now there's a guy that was sane! :P
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hey Vancouver CANUCKS take heed....

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

As much as it makes me angry Edler deserves the suspension. He nailed the kid in the head and headshots are illegal.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Art Vandelay wrote:... Edler deserves the suspension. He nailed the kid in the head and headshots are illegal.
No he didn't target the head.

You can tell what is legal and what isn't? I sure can't. There's the so-called 'rules' but they're so-called. No consistency. No clarity. More penalizing and making an example out of the Canucks who in recent years have been a toilet for the league.

Compared to other suspensions (as has been pointed out) this makes about as much sense as Shannahan doing something other than actually playing hockey. How long can someone go on ancient reputation or who-you-know? Shannahan has ruined his legacy IMO.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Art Vandelay wrote:As much as it makes me angry Edler deserves...
If you are angry, then why do you agree with the suspension BTW?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:lol: Worst joke ever. It's a shame that Mr. Brändän Shänähän once a player i liked became such a puppet whoever is pulling the strings on this bullshit.

PS: hey griz, this guy is just trying to stir it up.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

griz wrote:

I am angry that the team will be missing its best defencemen for three games. He deserved the suspension. He targetted the head and he ripped the kids lid off. We all know the league is trying to take these hits out of the game. Too many people have the blinders on here. Edler is also a third time offender now. He needs to be taught a lesson to maybe not make these types of hits anymore.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Art Vandelay wrote:
griz wrote:

I am angry that the team will be missing its best defencemen for three games. He deserved the suspension. He targetted the head and he ripped the kids lid off. We all know the league is trying to take these hits out of the game. Too many people have the blinders on here. Edler is also a third time offender now. He needs to be taught a lesson to maybe not make these types of hits anymore.
Bullshit statement. It might look like that on a slomo replay, but in real time there was no call because there was no infraction. The league saw an opportunity to send a no tolerance message to the player and you are buying the koolaid...
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Cookie La Rue wrote:PS: hey griz, this guy is just trying to stir it up.
Yeah seems that way, thanks.
Art Vandelay wrote: I am angry that the team will be missing its best defencemen for three games. He deserved the suspension. He targetted the head and he ripped the kids lid off. We all know the league is trying to take these hits out of the game. Too many people have the blinders on here. Edler is also a third time offender now. He needs to be taught a lesson to maybe not make these types of hits anymore.
I don't see anything but a hockey play myself. It was edgy, I'll give you that.

Ripping the lid off as you put it did not happen. The kid's helmet pops off and there was no injury. Welcome to the NHL.

What should Alex do in that situation BTW? I'd love to hear Shannahan's answer to this.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

It doesn't change the fact that Edler is now a serial offender with three seperate dirty plays in the last year. He needs to tone down the cheap shots and start flying under the radar.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

He is a target of misplaced justice. It is bullshit and it had to stop.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

rats19 wrote:He is a target of misplaced justice. It is bullshit and it had to stop.
He could have given the kid a concussion. Then what ? A few too many seem to have the homer goggles on when it comes to the team's dirty play of late.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bullshit.....this is a rough sport. You are taught from day one keep your head up and your helmet on. Hertl was the cause if this incident. He chickened out on what would have been a shoulder to shoulder knock him on his ass hit...it is bullshit of the highest order...much like your take on it....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Art Vandelay wrote:
rats19 wrote:He is a target of misplaced justice. It is bullshit and it had to stop.
He could have given the kid a concussion. Then what ? A few too many seem to have the homer goggles on when it comes to the team's dirty play of late.
Willie Mitchell "gave the kid a concussion" on a clean, textbook body check:

The league literally put it in the video it sent around with Rule 48 as an example of a hit that is good - only person at fault was Toews for not looking around.

Simiarly, with the Edler hit the only person at fault is Hertl for leaning in when contact was obviously coming. Would have been legal contact if he'd braced himself like any NHL player should, but he didn't and somehow Edler was either supposed to know that not play the body, or react within a fraction of a second and I don't know, hit the deck or something to avoid a hit?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well obviously Shanahan received more than his share of headshots over the years.

But seeing as this is not Be Kind to the Handicapped Week...

FUCK YOU SHANNY!!! Image

Bettman has your balls in a pickle jar you pathetic puppet.

https://www.facebook.com/shanahanblows173363

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fire ... -shanahan/

LOL and once upon a time folks thought Canuck-hatred was merely the result of being #1 in the standings!
____
Try to focus on someday.