Ryan O'Reilly-Avs Entertaining Offers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Ryan O'Reilly-Avs Entertaining Offers

Post by rats19 »

RD
agree, he is asking for way to much money, but I would love to have him in a Canuck uni. His numbers would go through the roof and would thrive in this environment.
where does he play?.... booth gone in this scenario I am assuming
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: where does he play?.... booth gone in this scenario I am assuming
On Keslers' wing....for now. He should inherit #2 centre in 2-3 years or so. He is just now becoming a force and although he's no Brian Trottier, he is a pretty good player.

I don't like unproven whelps trying to circumvent "paying their dues" either but the fact is this team could use a dynamic young centre in a couple of years. Hank is going to be getting on soon and there isn't anyone in the system who will be moving into that role. I see an organizational weakness and here's a candidate who could possibly be an answer.

I don't see GMMG having any interest mainly due to the kids arrogance...not his on-ice performance and potential. If I was Edmonton GM ST, I'd be making a serious push to acquire this player though as he is exactly what they need and they possess enough good young players to make a very good offer without subtracting from their active roster.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Another headcase meddling Dad.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... on-twitter
BOR is a helicopter...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Potatoe1 wrote:O'Reilly is off his rocker if he thinks he should get 4 to 4.5.

O''Reilly is apparently looking for north of $5M...so yeah, he's out to lunch
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vader wrote:

How much does want? Tell 'im he's dreaming...
(lets see who know their Aussie filmography)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The kid might be the 2nd coming of Ronnie Francis, but, at 22 in this CBA, he is wayyyy out to lunch. The Av's even have the salary cap to keep him at $5mil, and they don't want him??? The kid would do himself a world of good by signing a 2 yr $2.5mil/per contract, or something similar that takes him to the edge of his RFA contract.

If I am Colorado, I let him sit until he and his agent come to their senses. The kid vote for the CBA, so what the heck did he expect would happen to his next contract?? Duh!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Image
Wot's he askin?

If its really in the $5-mil range, or even $4+mil, its ridiculous.

That being said, $3 mil for a future-second line or first line center is fine, even if he's parked on the 3rd line with PP minutes for a couple seasons.

I think someone should give a tip to Dater...he probably wants out of that sadsack franchise. The Avs have gone from the best franchise, constant sellouts to among the very worse in the League. O'Reilly is following the footsteps of Kyle Turris, and I have no problem with a player not showing loyalty to a cheapskate franchise that floats around the bottom half of the league like a rudderless ship, waiting for Forsberg to un-retire and take them to the promised land once again.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Wot's he askin?
:thumbs:
Little known fact: Eric Bana(Munich,Troy) in his film debut...
The Castle is a pretty good flick.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Topper wrote:Another headcase meddling Dad.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... on-twitter
MG just got rid of his own not long ago. I can't imagine him trading for another...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

These guys haven't figured it out yet that if they sit a year, that year does not come off the years they are still RFA. He still owes the Avs the same amount of time. So one way or the other he will have to come to terms.

I think this is about forcing a trade. So trade him to Columbus for some picks and prospects.
The only HW the Canucks need
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Vader wrote:

How much does want? Tell 'im he's dreaming...
That one's going in the pool room!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'd have no problem giving O'Reilly a contract similar to Burrows, but definitely nothing more than that. However, I do believe that O'Reilly will eventually be a better player than Burrows.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:I'd have no problem giving O'Reilly a contract similar to Burrows, but definitely nothing more than that. However, I do believe that O'Reilly will eventually be a better player than Burrows.
Wait that makes no sense. You're okay with him holding out because you figure he's gonna be another HOFer like Trottier or Francis one day. But you would only be willing to give him a home town discount contract like the one Burrows took flack from the union for signing? never mind the unlikely fact that since the kids dad has turned down 3.5 million already he'll never agree to such a deal here?

To be fair to the kid, I can accept that he could be a blue chipper and a price to build around, but FFS prove it first. If you can't miss what's wrong with an ELC, then a reasonable raise for 2 more,
THEN the 5 year home run? The rhubarb is full of careers that went for too much money too soon...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I'd have no problem giving O'Reilly a contract similar to Burrows, but definitely nothing more than that. However, I do believe that O'Reilly will eventually be a better player than Burrows.
Wait that makes no sense. You're okay with him holding out because you figure he's gonna be another HOFer like Trottier or Francis one day. But you would only be willing to give him a home town discount contract like the one Burrows took flack from the union for signing? never mind the unlikely fact that since the kids dad has turned down 3.5 million already he'll never agree to such a deal here?
LOL...step aside everybody, uk has had a genius moment.

Let me bring you up to speed uk...Burrows just signed a contract that kicks in for the 2013/14 season that will pay him $4.5 million per year for 4 years for a grand totals of $18 million over the life time of the contract. Is that type of contract too much for O'Reilly??? INMYPERSONALOPINION - No. But don't sweat it, uk...it's just an opinion of a hockey fan, nothing more.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau