So After The 11 Game Mark

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

So After The 11 Game Mark

Post by Hockey Widow »

We have caught SJS, 16 points each. Even though they hold the tie breaker we lead our division so we get third in the Conference.

We are one point back of the Ducks for 2nd place in the Conference.

In the East the only team we trail is the NJD, by one point.

We are four points back of first overall in the NHL, behind Chicago, who one hopes has to cool off sooner or later. As far as league standings we are 5th, tied in points with The Pens and SJS. We are 1 points back of The Ducks and NJD for second place.

Chicago 20
NJD 17
Ducks 17
SJS 16
Canucks 16
Pens 16

The Pens have played 12 games the rest 11.

As for our Division, well we have opened up a 5 point lead on Minny and the Oilers. The Avs and Flames are 8 points back.

All in all a good start to the season. One of our better starts of late.The intensity has looked to return and we are staring to get our act together. Pleasantly pleased and surprised at the good start.
The only HW the Canucks need
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: So After The 11 Game Mark

Post by okcanuck »

All that without Kesler and Booth. The Blahhacks will come back down eventually.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

its working...stay calm and carry on...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:All that without Kesler and Booth.
I know what you're saying, it's unfathomable how well we are playing without Booth.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

[quote="RoyalDude"][quote="okcanuck"]All that without Kesler and Booth. [/quote]

I know what you're saying, it's unfathomable how well we are playing without Booth.[/quote]
I am going to predict..booth creates a problem for the canucks....like it so far dude??lol

By playing exceptional hockey almost immediately. Thus creating cap issues for us next year. but It wont matter because we will have the cup.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is it too soon to take the plastic off the mattress?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote:Is it too soon to take the plastic off the mattress?
Doubt it.

I'm sure the next 2-game losing streak will send the usual suspects back into a tither.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Doubt it.

I'm sure the next 2-game losing streak will send the usual suspects back into a tither.
I do not place myself In the...usual category.....usually :wink:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Doubt it.

I do not place myself In the...usual category.....usually :wink:
you would think it impossible to be a Canucks fan and be in a tither about any kind of two game losing streak a the same time...
Since 1970, your Vancouver Canucks have found every way there is to lose and have even invented one or two new ones along the way.

who could be surprised or disheartened by a losing streak? LOL they always bounce back right? .... right!?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love how it goes from talking about where Booth fits into the grand scheme of everything to being in a tither about the Canucks current play? In which I think is great! But Is there something wrong with having the opinion of not seeing a fit for Booth here in Canuck land? IMO, he's Steve Bernier the 2nd. But hey, given some time, you will all come around to that like you eventually did with stone hands Bernier.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

after this mark i'm gong to say that our Canucks will win the cup muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: IMO, Booth is Steve Bernier the 2nd. But hey, given some time, you will all come around to that like you eventually did with stone hands Bernier.
Dude, that Bernier trade really did a number on you, didn't it:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 pm[/color] wrote: Nice, in the meantime we getto marvel at the latest power forward gift that Darcy Regier unloaded upon Gillis - Zack Kassian. Does Regier have incriminating photo's of Gillis or something? First it was the great stone hands of Steve Bernier for our 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick, now it's the newest Steve Bernier like Stone Hands of Zack 'Alex Stojanov' Gassedian
Dude, are you haunted by the ghost of Steve Bernier? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hard to knock your Vancouver Canucks at the 11 game mark.

This must be frustrating for the self-loathing element of Canuckdom.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The team has indeed settled into something a little more confidence winning.

However, I have to play Devil's advocate here and point out that of our 7 wins only 2 of them have against teams that are potential threats in the playoff picture. The losses to the Sharks and the Kings speak the loudest to me. Those are teams that come playoff time will beat up and abuse the Canucks. They have proven that they can shutdown our offense and can skate with us. The Canucks have yet to prove themselves this year against a strong team.

And yes, I realize that the Kings are getting soft goaltending, no scoring, and are sitting in 28th overall.

This is not to take away from the fact that the last few games have been better performances. We have yet to see a full 60 minutes out of this crew, but it is only 11 games in, and it is one of the better starts this team has seen in a few years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The next 6-7 are a tougher set. We will need to continue getting better and also the goalies to keep playing well . I am on my pgone and its hard to jump around but..and correct me..
Minny
Dal
Chi
Stl
La
Ana

I think, maybe the sharks are In there somewhere.