Canucks goalie controversy discussion thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks goalie controversy discussion thread

Post by wafflecombine »

I can get behind the hot hand arguement for playing Lou but I think the idea of "shopping" him by giving him minutes is more side benefit to the "hot hand" scenario then anything else. Realistically, if Cory were hot and playing, we'd still be shopping Lou in theory. Be that as it may, I totally agree that we need value for money on a Lou trade and I know there are a variety of opinions out there on what we should get back pics & prospects vs. something that helps us NOW.

Good point on Price and Rask... though in Rask's situation I wonder if he'd still have won the starting position from Thomas if Thomas had stayed in the game rather than taking a year off for family reasons. That would make for a pretty interesting goalie controversy over in Boston.

Either way, I do think Corey will get one of the two next starts. Either the Wild or the Flames. Hard to say how AV's coin toss will go.

For now I'll take the 2 points and hope for 2 more in the next game.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:See Mike Liut acting like a whiny ***** today?
Canuck Cory Schneider’s agent hopes Roberto Luongo trade comes sooner rather than later

'We were hoping this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games,' says Mike Liut

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ca ... z2JzOrLO67
Whatever happened to the team comes first - not individuals attitude? :hmmm:
What is the surprise in this.

I`m sure Lou, GMMG, AV, Corey and everyone else feel the same. But in the mean time, GMMG is looking for the deal he likes and is willing to wait until he sees it and AV platoons away.

When was the last time goalies were successfully platooned....... Fuhr/Moog......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Agent being agent... film at eleven.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:See Mike Liut acting like a whiny ***** today?
Canuck Cory Schneider’s agent hopes Roberto Luongo trade comes sooner rather than later

'We were hoping this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games,' says Mike Liut

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ca ... z2JzOrLO67
Whatever happened to the team comes first - not individuals attitude? :hmmm:
This is exactly the push that Mike 'the conservative' Gillis needs. He's just a little too cozy in all of this. Go Liut, Go! Go Liut, Go!

I love it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i finally got this fuckin' computer to work...
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Looks like Cory gets the start against the Wild. Hopefully he plays like a boss.

RT @NHLSourcesSay: #Canucks Cory Schnieder gets the start tomorrow vs. the Wild #Confirmed

RT @VanCanucks: Cory Schneider will start vs. Wild tomorrow. #Canucks

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Cory Schneider will start vs. Wild tomorrow. #Canucks

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Cory Schneider will start versus #wild Thursday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

wafflecombine wrote:Looks like Cory gets the start against the Wild. Hopefully he plays like a boss.

RT @NHLSourcesSay: #Canucks Cory Schnieder gets the start tomorrow vs. the Wild #Confirmed

RT @VanCanucks: Cory Schneider will start vs. Wild tomorrow. #Canucks

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Cory Schneider will start vs. Wild tomorrow. #Canucks

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
Cory Schneider will start versus #wild Thursday.
need a few more to be sure...lol :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think AV was just waiting for a game like Edmonton. Lou was great but a few cracks in the armour. Plus I'm sure there is some internal pressure to get Cory some starts.

Oh heck no, it's more of the CoHoing thing. Don't let Lou start in a city were he has been terrible. :D
The only HW the Canucks need
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

rats19 wrote: need a few more to be sure...lol :wink:
lol... copy and paste from canucks.com :D
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Anyone watch the super skills today?

Luo and Cory played in the hardest shot for their teams. In full gear. Cory won by about 10MPH more over Luo. Apparently there was more to do with it than a show piece.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

Luongo & Schneider tired of the coin thing. Gonna settle it once & for all in hardest shot competition. Schneider wins 76.4 in full gear

:look:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

CFP! wrote:Anyone watch the super skills today?

Luo and Cory played in the hardest shot for their teams. In full gear. Cory won by about 10MPH more over Luo. Apparently there was more to do with it than a show piece.

Luongo & Schneider tired of the coin thing. Gonna settle it once & for all in hardest shot competition. Schneider wins 76.4 in full gear

And then, Weise comes in on the SO with his jersey pulled over his head, going in blind. So what does Cory do? He throws his catching glove at him then realizes what he just did and quickly put his hand behind his back. Good thing the shot was low and to the opposite pad!

But before that Hamhuis skated in on the So and suddenly he throws his glove at Cory who reacts and jumps up and catches it. Hamhuis put one right between his legs. Wonder if that would be legal in a game?

Oh and get the Zack attack. He comes in with no speed, lies down and uses his stick as a pool que and tries to pop one in. He missed the puck but he did end up in the net, not the puck, Kassian.

Dank tries to lob one over Luongo who was way out of his net. Luongo reacts and turns around and bats the puck bat to Dank. Dank looked amazed that he actually got to it.

No I didn't watch the skills competition :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:

And then, Weise comes in on the SO with his jersey pulled over his head, going in blind. So what does Cory do? He throws his catching glove at him then realizes what he just did and quickly put his hand behind his back. Good thing the shot was low and to the opposite pad!

But before that Hamhuis skated in on the So and suddenly he throws his glove at Cory who reacts and jumps up and catches it. Hamhuis put one right between his legs. Wonder if that would be legal in a game?

Oh and get the Zack attack. He comes in with no speed, lies down and uses his stick as a pool que and tries to pop one in. He missed the puck but he did end up in the net, not the puck, Kassian.

Dank tries to lob one over Luongo who was way out of his net. Luongo reacts and turns around and bats the puck bat to Dank. Dank looked amazed that he actually got to it.

Why can't they show this between periods, instead of the homers analyzing the game?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cdotcom saying its lou tomorrow against minny...wtf?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Why can't they show this between periods, instead of the homers analyzing the game?
No shit especially for us pukes who can't get out to Rogers place in person
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:Cdotcom saying its lou tomorrow against minny...wtf?
I mentioned it before but if I were AV, I'd a sat em both down in camp and read the "its all a 1a 1b rotating gig" sermon. shut outs and standing on head will not ensure the crease for the next game BUT, record over the next 48 games will determine to some degree my choice for starting goalie in playoffs...

do you think this is why I am not an NHL coach?