Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Puck »

I'm with the rental too unless the return is a true building block for the future. We already give up too many shots, I can't see how losing Hamhuis is going to help that.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I have no problem with him coming back provided he is there to mentor and help the young guys, the problem is that the coach (and somewhat rightly so) will put him out in all the tough assignments so how will the young guys learn to get better.

That is a problem with a vet, a coach will normally give the nod to a vet once a rookie makes a mistake.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A real shot in the dark here but money is on Blobbee HFBoards hating the Hamhius trade if there is one. Call it a hunch. Hell he will hate it even more if Hammer ain't traded period.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Whatever Jim Benning does it will be brillIiant and amazing .

ELMER IS A WIZARD !!!!!
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Whatever Jim Benning does it will be brillIiant and amazing .

ELMER IS A WIZARD !!!!!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

I've been wrong all along. Benning is building a cup winner and is a top 3 GM in the league.

ELMER IS A WIZARD.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Whatever Jim Benning does it will be brillIiant and amazing .

ELMER IS A WIZARD !!!!!
Yeah! And that video is from, like, a long time ago! Since then he's even moar wizarderer!

Jim Benning is what you would get if Merlin and Gandalf were smushed together into one super-wizard!

Long live Benning the Brownpants, Lord of Middle (of the pack) Earth!
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko has been nominated for the Mike Richter Award as the most outstanding goaltender in the NCAA

Next up, Hoby Baker award. Then he signs his ELC.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This ones for the Dude :mrgreen:

From Green on Subban:

I like his offence,” said Green on Subban. “He has a real knack for getting pucks through to the net from the point. When he is playing well he is up in the rush at the right time. There is a lot to like about his game offensively, but what I do like about him more so is the way he has improved his defensive play, to the point where we don’t have to worry about matchups with him and things like that.”
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko has been nominated for the Mike Richter Award as the most outstanding goaltender in the NCAA

Next up, Hoby Baker award. Then he signs his ELC.
At this point, what more would he have to prove at the NCAA level. Unless he is really committed to finishing college (or really intent on going FA instead, and I don't think that's likely) signing an ELC this summer seems logical.

I remember the mid-90s through the Cloutier era when goaltending was an achilles heel on the ice and in the organization. How times have changed. :)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Lancer wrote: I remember the mid-90s through the Cloutier era when goaltending was an achilles heel on the ice and in the organization. How times have changed. :)
Yeah, we're becoming a bit of a goaltending factory now. We had Lou, found and developed the likes of Schneids, Lack, Markstrom and Demko. Although no Vezina award winner yet and not as good as the Habs, it's still pretty sweet. I wonder how much of this can be credited to Rollie the goalie?
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:This ones for the Dude :mrgreen:

From Green on Subban:

I like his offence,” said Green on Subban. “He has a real knack for getting pucks through to the net from the point. When he is playing well he is up in the rush at the right time. There is a lot to like about his game offensively, but what I do like about him more so is the way he has improved his defensive play, to the point where we don’t have to worry about matchups with him and things like that.”
And that's coming from the hotshot AHL coach that everyone wants for their squad, well mostly Canucks fans.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hamhuis must've had something wrong with him before he broke his jaw, and now it's had time to heal.

He's playing better now than he was before the injury, and considering its severity that shouldn't be the case.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:Hamhuis must've had something wrong with him before he broke his jaw, and now it's had time to heal.

He's playing better now than he was before the injury, and considering its severity that shouldn't be the case.
Amazing what a little motivation can do. ;)

He's playing for two teams right now- the team he wants to sign with next year and the Cup contenders who want to take him on Monday.
2021 - Playoff Bound
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Hamhuis must've had something wrong with him before he broke his jaw, and now it's had time to heal.

Amazing what a little motivation can do. ;)

He's playing for two teams right now- the team he wants to sign with next year and the Cup contenders who want to take him on Monday.
Or maybe the defence around him is that much worse without Edler and Dan looks the like the Man again.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)