Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by the toucan kid » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:59 pm

O'Sullivan looks worse in this than Burrows does. Hats off to Burrows for owning this but thumbs way the fuck down to Sullivan for bringing this up.
Homerism. Burrows is reviled around the league. Check the comments of a non-Canucks site any time his name comes up. Frankly, while I see his work ethic and what appears to be a good person away from the rink, he is easily one of the lowest players of his era.
I like Burrows more than I did before...

...and Tie Domi for that matter. Curious though, how can he only skull fuck her into a coma? Don't you need to scoop out the eye?
That was the first time I had heard the expression so I can't really say. Didn't come around again, in my life anyway, until that not-very-good Once Upon A Time in Mexico movie. Pretty sure that had something to do with a glass eye no?

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Burrows is a big meanie! I'm gonna tattle tale on him. Cue in the Ron McLean do-gooders who hate Burrows.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:03 pm

the toucan kid wrote: Jesus Christ rikster... All In The Family was a satire about ignorance and prejudice.
YOOOOU'RE a satire about ignorance and prejudice! :mex:

(btw you haven't told us yet what Mister Burrows said to Mistah Tootoo)

Speaking of "Jesus Christ"...

Merry Christmas Toucan!! :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:09 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Burrows is a big meanie! I'm gonna tattle tale on him. Cue in the Ron McLean do-gooders who hate Burrows.
At this point, Burrows should just embrace it. He's not a dirty player like Matt Cooke. Embrace the asshole factor. Everyone knows Burrows is a POS, why pretend?

On O'Sullivan: "Yeah, I tried to get under his skin and it worked. Nothing personal, just trying to win hockey games. Where is he playing these days, anyways?"

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Didn't Uncle Dan get fucked in the eye once?

Ancient astronaut theorists say yes.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Mind you, it would make a great on-ice chirp...

Merry Christmas Uncle Dan!! :santa:
With a chirp like that you know he touched a nerve....maybe the optic one?

Merry Christmas Doc! I see y'all have your hands full of pauser right now so I'll let you get back to it :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Didn't Uncle Dan get fucked in the eye once?

Ancient astronaut theorists say yes.
Snake Bliskin?

Since you know that quote so well I can only surmise you're also an avid fan. That show has the best stoned theories ever. It's like it was all thought up out in my bowging shed
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:01 am

Jake the Snake must be wondering how he get himself into this crap. Benjamin BHuttton seems like a happy go lucky guy though (much like my Eddie Lack Attack Pack) with a smile to his face all the time, he probably doesn't care. :lol:

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:23 am

Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said he's 100 percent and will play against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday

Canucks goalie Ryan Miller will not be available, coach Willie Desjardins said. Miller left the game Sunday during the shootout in a 5-4 loss to the Florida Panthers because of cramps. He is 10-11-6 with a 2.74 goals-against average and .909 save percentage in 28 games.

"We just don't want to push it right now," Desjardins said. "Could he play or back up? Probably, but it's not worth the chance."
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 am

Cornuck wrote:Vancouver Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said he's 100 percent and will play against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday
Cannata called up because Miller still has cramps
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:34 am

I think Henrik should continue to rest
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:02 pm

the toucan kid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
It's the 2nds for rentals that I don't want to see. I'd rather he trade our soon to be UFAs for seconds, or thirds, or a first if he can get it for Hamhuis.

Are you really saying Burrows should be suspended now for what he said years ago!
Yeah, especially if he's not denying it. Inexcusable. Team should fine him frankly. It wasn't okay then so I'm not sure why he should just get away with his behavior because some time has passed.

If they're making moves for rentals at this point they should really be shitcanned.
I gotta ask if you played hockey beyond pee wee. No offense but the game is rough and players get jacked up. Burrows has made millions by being Burrows. A big part of his game, like it or not, is chirping at opponents. To be punished for this years later would be pure political correctness as well as bullshit. I would rather have someone chirp me than get slew footed or have my teeth knocked out. Sticks and stones ya know?

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 pm

the toucan kid wrote:
It's bullshit that any NHL player has to apologize publicly for something that was said on the ice. Absolute bullshit.
I love this! All is permissible so long as its between whistles eh? So goofy.
Jesus fucking Christ.....go watch ice capades. Fuck!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :drink: :baaa:

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:19 pm

damonberryman wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:
It's bullshit that any NHL player has to apologize publicly for something that was said on the ice. Absolute bullshit.
I love this! All is permissible so long as its between whistles eh? So goofy.
Jesus fucking Christ.....go watch ice capades. Fuck!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :drink: :baaa:
Here here dbm...*slams fist repeatedly on table*
Getting old is not for the young...

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Yo Hank Sedin just chill bro, it's christmas ffs & McCann is enjoying the ice time right now.

Burrows stay Burrows, thrive on the hatred, you can repent your sins down the road.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."