Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by griz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah none of this is what you originally said at all. You've completely changed your argument like three times now and still express a fundamental misunderstanding of what free speech is and what it protects.

Sometimes it's ok to just admit you were wrong and throw in he towel, you know. It can be quite therapeutic.

Strangelove and Topper do it all the time.
How am I wrong Rumsfeld? Show me and I'll admit it glady.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:22 pm

griz wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah none of this is what you originally said at all. You've completely changed your argument like three times now and still express a fundamental misunderstanding of what free speech is and what it protects.

Sometimes it's ok to just admit you were wrong and throw in he towel, you know. It can be quite therapeutic.

Strangelove and Topper do it all the time.
How am I wrong Rumsfeld? Show me and I'll admit it glady.
Dude I really hope you are being willfully obtuse, because otherwise... wow.

The many ways in which you are wrong have been explained multiple times by multiple posters. You seem like a nice enough fellow, so I was trying to give you some friendly advice. But by all means, be my guest if you want to continue embarrassing yourself. :thumbs:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Dude I really hope you are being willfully obtuse, because otherwise... wow.

The many ways in which you are wrong have been explained multiple times by multiple posters. You seem like a nice enough fellow, so I was trying to give you some friendly advice. But by all means, be my guest if you want to continue embarrassing yourself. :thumbs:
Honestly Rumsfeld, if I've said something "wrong" I'd like to at least learn what it is. I brought up the subject and expanded on my thoughts by having this ongoing discussion. I may have been misunderstood, perhaps some of that is my inability to express myself properly, so I tried to explain myself better.

It seems some say this has nothing to do with free speech and that the NHL should be able to punish Burrows for his actions (sidenote: I think the NHL punishes Burrows regularly). However, I wasn't trying to say that the NHL had no rights to respond. That was a misunderstanding. My point was beyond the player (employee) and the league (employer). I wanted to point out the political usage of this by the media to harm us collectively by showing us that even the millionaires who play hockey can't get away with freedom of expression. It seems like a small thing to be concerned about on the surface, but that's precisely how they condition us : slowly over time. The masses are being taught what is and what is not acceptable rather than using their own judgement and inner guidance. Now I bet you think I'm seriously nuts. :mrgreen:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:57 pm

griz wrote:My point was beyond the player (employee) and the league (employer). I wanted to point out the political usage of this by the media to harm us collectively by showing us that even the millionaires who play hockey can't get away with freedom of expression. It seems like a small thing to be concerned about on the surface, but that's precisely how they condition us : slowly over time. The masses are being taught what is and what is not acceptable rather than using their own judgement and inner guidance. Now I bet you think I'm seriously nuts. :mrgreen:
I like you Griz, I do, please continue in this vein in the Conspiracy Theory thread in Creeper's forum! :thumbs:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes what... they :look: ... are up to.

But the rabbit hole goes much deeper... they :look: ... are shaping most folks' worldview with pseudoscience!

Don't waste your time on hopelessly lost sheeple such as McRummy, join me in the conspiracy thread!!

That way you'll be doing some good in this world as well as staying on topic. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:10 pm

The 5 worst teams in the west... all from the Pacific.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 7.07.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 7.07.57 PM.png (124.2 KiB) Viewed 1555 times

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:The 5 worst teams in the west... all from the Pacific.
That's great eh?! We are only a win out of the playoffs and then charrrrrrrge.....all the way to the Cup! :rockin: :bounce: :towel:

Unless you're a fickle quitter :cry:
Last edited by Arachnid on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:The 5 worst teams in the west... all from the Pacific.
That's great eh?! We are on;y a win out of the playoffs and then charrrrrrrge.....all the way to the Cup! :rockin: :bounce: :towel:

Unless you're a fickle quitter :cry:
It's distinctly possible that someone will be bad enough to "earn" a top-10 pick but be forced to pick 16th because 8th/9th worst in the league was good for 3rd-best in the division.

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:57 pm

Strangelove wrote:I like you Griz, I do, please continue in this vein in the Conspiracy Theory thread in Creeper's forum! :thumbs:

But the rabbit hole goes much deeper... they :look: ... are shaping most folks' worldview with pseudoscience!

Don't waste your time on hopelessly lost sheeple such as McRummy, join me in the conspiracy thread!!

That way you'll be doing some good in this world as well as staying on topic. :drink:
:lol: Thanks Strangelove I'll check into that other forum in the future.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:10 am

griz wrote:
Strangelove wrote:I like you Griz, I do, please continue in this vein in the Conspiracy Theory thread in Creeper's forum! :thumbs:

Oh please do griz! :roll:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:25 am

griz wrote:

Be careful griz....its like a black hole sucking all common sense from your existence..... You will never.....ever be the same.....but I like it
Getting old is not for the young...

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:44 am

rats19 wrote: Be careful griz....its like a black hole sucking all common sense from your existence..... You will never.....ever be the same.....but I like it
Yes, it "sucks out your common sense" and replaces it with an uncommon sense of... Truth.

Back on topic, I've got a good feeling about this rebuild, so far so good, thank you Jimmy! :thumbs:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:59 am

I've got a good feeling about a top three pick.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I've got a good feeling about a top three pick.
Well that really is what the team needs so stay the course Jimmy!

Although, they could've gone that extra mile last game and completed the implosion in regulation :roll:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I've got a good feeling about a top three pick.
Well that really is what the team needs so stay the course Jimmy!

Although, they could've gone that extra mile last game and completed the implosion in regulation :roll:
Yeah,they're going to need lots more prospects before the rebuild will be complete. Even with the improved drafting the last few seasons there are still very few top 6 forwards and defensemen in the system, so the suckage could continue for quite awhile.
We've had it good here now we have to weather the transition
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Totally true dangler. The system is devoid of really any defensive prospects and high end talent up front . If all goes well you may get three or four top six guys out of Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Boeser , Shinkaruk and perhaps Gaunce . Out of those guys maybe Boeser will be a top line guy . Two more more top 3 -5 picks would do wonders for the club moving forward . I just hope Ignitowski sells the expiring contracts and stops trading 2nd round picks for other teams trash .
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”