Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:27 pm

They not only signed Virtanen today but also MCCaan as well to an ELC. Taking care of business.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:They not only signed Virtanen today but also MCCaan as well to an ELC. Taking care of business.

Both of those guys are almost locks to return to their junior clubs.....but isn't the NHL contract required in order for them to play any games in the pre-season?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:They not only signed Virtanen today but also MCCaan as well to an ELC. Taking care of business.

Both of those guys are almost locks to return to their junior clubs.....but isn't the NHL contract required in order for them to play any games in the pre-season?

I think it's iffy we see Virtanen in any pre season games. Why risk further damage to his shoulder at that point, take a few extra weeks of rehab and be ready for juniors.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Meds wrote:

I think it's iffy we see Virtanen in any pre season games. Why risk further damage to his shoulder at that point, take a few extra weeks of rehab and be ready for juniors.

Good point. I forgot about his shoulder injury.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Lancer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:04 pm

I do believe Virtanen is worth the wait. He has all the tools - let's see what he does against the best juniors in the WJHC. Next summer/Fall will be the litmus test, and I expect that he will turn heads.

Judging from the noises being made about the two 1st-round picks, looks like the leadership is looking to Virtanen-McCann as the new 1-2 punch on the first line when the Sedins retire. McCann is a great disher, and Virtanen needs a puck-distributor. You see where Benning is looking in terms of replacements for the Twins.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:58 pm

SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:21 pm

via: https://twitter.com/DavidEbner/status/4 ... 0228614145

David Ebner Verified account ‏@DavidEbner

Francesco Aquilini, Canucks owner, takes a look at the NFL/Buffalo Bills: http://t.co/SOk3j4atUH

3:42 PM - 8 Aug 2014

via: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/08 ... ng-around/

NHL owner, NBA team founder among those who signed Bills nondisclosure agreement; Hyatt hotel heirs have been sniffing around
By Tim Graham | News Sports Reporter | @ByTimGraham | Google+
on Friday, August 8, 2014 2:11 PM, updated: 3:08 PM

A snippet:

ADVERTISEMENT

The Buffalo News has learned the names of some previously unreported parties involved in the Buffalo Bills sales process.

NHL sources (no, that's not a typo) inform me at least two Canadian-based suitors -- in addition to the group led by rock star Jon Bon Jovi -- have explored a Bills purchase.

Sources reveal the Aquilini family and John Bitove have gone deep enough into the process to at least have signed the Bills' nondisclosure agreement.

The Aquilini Investment Group owns the Vancouver Canucks. Francesco Aquilini is the chairman, with brothers Roberto Aquilini and Paolo Aquilini serving as alternate governors.

Well, I would be surprised if it's anything more than tire kicking.

If AIG was going to buy a pro football team one day, I would think it would be the BC Lions if/when it's put on the market by Mr. Braley. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Bonus Round at the 4:00 mark is funny.

Twins are freaky.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Per » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:

Twins are freaky.

Hilarious.

But Ulf Sterner was actually not the first Swede to play in the NHL, even if this is what most people think. The correct answer should really be Gus Forslund, born in 1908 in Holmsund, Sweden, who played for the Ottawa Senators during the 1932/33 season. Ulf Sterner was the first to move to North America specifically to play in the NHL though. Gus moved to Canada as a kid.
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Twins are freaky.

Hilarious.

But Ulf Sterner was actually not the first Swede to play in the NHL, even if this is what most people think. The correct answer should really be Gus Forslund, born in 1908 in Holmsund, Sweden, who played for the Ottawa Senators during the 1932/33 season. Ulf Sterner was the first to move to North America specifically to play in the NHL though. Gus moved to Canada as a kid.

A better question would have been who was the first Swede to throw a hit in the NHL. Hard to find video evidence though, expecially if you only include clean hits.

The answer is Peter Forsberg BTW. :wink:
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Uncle dans leg » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Twins are freaky.

Hilarious.

A better question would have been who was the first Swede to throw a hit in the NHL. Hard to find video evidence though, expecially if you only include clean hits.

The answer is Peter Forsberg BTW. :wink:

Can Neely knows that Ulf played a pretty tough game even without the dirty knees
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 pm

Jordon Subban sure has some skills. If he could grow a few inches...
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Jordon Subban sure has some skills. If he could grow a few inches.

So weird, my girlfriend just said the exact same thing about me....

:scowl:
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Jovocop » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Jordon Subban sure has some skills. If he could grow a few inches...

So weird, my girlfriend just said the exact same thing about me....

:scowl:[/quote]

Vertically or horizontally?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Jovocop wrote:Vertically or horizontally?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Emotionally Jovocop.

Emotionally. :(
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat