Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Topper wrote:Intrigueing

We can look at the two lines in closer detail. We’ll start with Henrik. If things are going according to plan for Vancouver, he’s playing with Daniel Sedin. Over the past six seasons, about 84% of his 5-on-5 ice time has been with Daniel, and the only reason it’s that low is due to occasional injuries. Let’s look at how the Canucks have done with the two of them on the ice.
Note that Corsi% is a measure of which team is generating more shot attempts (shots on goal, blocked shots and missed shots).

The number posted by the Sedins has been elite during Vancouver’s run. It’s down slightly this year, but the Canucks have reduced the frequency with which they start the Sedins in the offensive zone, which hurts, and it continues to be exceptional in any event. The Sedins have had a down year in terms of the shooting percentage when they’re on the ice, but the Canucks have been dominant anyway. Subject to injury, it’s hard to look at the results that the Sedins have achieved and conclude that they’re finished as players who can front a Stanley Cup contender.

When Kesler’s on the ice, it’s been a different story...

This is why most fans know the Sedins are not the problem, a lack of a solid scoring 2nd line imo is a huge factor in why we lost a lot of swagger, plus all the injuries.

Crap wingers for Kesler is the epitome of the teams demise as well, IMO its why Kesler may want out, as our GM has never got him any real good exciting talent to play with to help score and get going, being a one man show on the 2nd line has got to be frustrating, especially if your scoring has dwindled for that entire span of time for RK17.

Team lacking success, team lacking any real improvement in talent roster player acquisitions, scoring going down is why Kesler wouldn't mind a change.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 pm

$lacker wrote:Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.

UPDATE:

@garymasonglobe: Well, #Canucks fans I can kill rumour moving in some Van biz circles that Aquilinis considering selling. Talk to Francesco who says never
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:35 pm

NcEneny assigned to Utica. I guess he will get a few games in as he starts his pro career.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:33 am

The Toronto twats are tweeting that Twevor is going to be named the Canucks new.... Twesident?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 41s
One scenario, as yet UNCONFIRMED, is GM Mike Gillis would be fired, Linden would hire new GM and new GM would sort out future of Tortorella.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 37s
Further to @DarrenDreger, nothing official yet, but sounds like Trevor Linden expected to be new president in VAN.

Cousin Darren is on about it too but I refuse to quote him..

:roll:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:15 pm

dbr wrote:The Toronto twats are tweeting that Twevor is going to be named the Canucks new.... Twesident?

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 41s
One scenario, as yet UNCONFIRMED, is GM Mike Gillis would be fired, Linden would hire new GM and new GM would sort out future of Tortorella.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 37s
Further to @DarrenDreger, nothing official yet, but sounds like Trevor Linden expected to be new president in VAN.

Cousin Darren is on about it too but I refuse to quote him..

:roll:

Yeah no, the wops aren't gonna let anyone choose their GM for them.

Whoever Gillis' replacement is, he was hired days or weeks ago (Nicholson??).

That has been the Aquilini MO from the get-go (Torts/AV, Gillis/Nonis).

It's a little greasy butt hay...
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Tank for a top 5 pick underway! lol

Flames win vs LA.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 pm

SKYO wrote:Tank for a top 5 pick underway! lol

Flames win vs LA.

Don't think 5 is possible anymore. If the Flames win their last 2 in regulation and we lose all 3 of ours in regulation we will be tied in points and tied in ROW. The next tie breaker is points head to head and we win that one no matter what happens Sunday.

I think, if my calculations are right the best we can do is 6th pick.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:Tank for a top 5 pick underway! lol

Flames win vs LA.

Don't think 5 is possible anymore. If the Flames win their last 2 in regulation and we lose all 3 of ours in regulation we will be tied in points and tied in ROW. The next tie breaker is points head to head and we win that one no matter what happens Sunday.

I think, if my calculations are right the best we can do is 6th pick.

Right, I'd be ecstatic for a 6-7th pick, 9th and up and I'm not too excited.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:27 am

Flames lost tonight. They can't catch us.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:03 am

If we lose one of the last two we guarantee the 7th pick. Still a good chance for the 6th.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:25 am

Hockey Widow wrote:If we lose one of the last two we guarantee the 7th pick. Still a good chance for the 6th.

And if we lose them both?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:41 am

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:If we lose one of the last two we guarantee the 7th pick. Still a good chance for the 6th.

And if we lose them both]

We sit tied with Carolina at 81 points. We have two games, they have one. If we lose both we get 6th pick as they have a higher ROW than us. So depending upon how they do their last game ......

If we win both games we could climb all the way back to 9-10 pick. More likely 8th.

Let's hope Carolina wins it's last game. Then we lose tonight and go ob the beat Calgary, cause that's just fun to do.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Betamax » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, the difference between the 6th and 7th pick when it comes to Draft Lottery Odds to win and claim the No. 1 overall PICK is this:

6th - 6.2%
7th - 4.7%

In a worst case scenario, where the Canucks win and move down the draft order:

8th - 3.6%
9th - 2.7%
10th - 2.1%

source: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby SKYO » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 pm

Betamax wrote:

Yeah, the difference between the 6th and 7th pick when it comes to Draft Lottery Odds to win and claim the No. 1 overall PICK is this:

6th - 6.2%
7th - 4.7%

In a worst case scenario, where the Canucks win and move down the draft order:

8th - 3.6%
9th - 2.7%
10th - 2.1%

source: http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-nhl-draft-lottery-odds/

Man at 6th we are guaranteed one of Ritchie or Leon Draisaitl. :thumbs:

Burke/Flames may not be interested in Draisaitl but that could be a smokescreen.
SKYO
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat