Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby SKYO » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Playoffs not so far off after all. :shock:

Vancouver pulled within three points of eighth-place Phoenix, and one point of ninth-place Dallas in the race for the second wild-card playoff spot in the Western Conference.


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/kassians-4-assists-help-canucks-past-sabres/
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Meds » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:42 pm

SKYO wrote:Playoffs not so far off after all. :shock:

Vancouver pulled within three points of eighth-place Phoenix, and one point of ninth-place Dallas in the race for the second wild-card playoff spot in the Western Conference.


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/kassians-4-assists-help-canucks-past-sabres/


Get real SKYO. Phoenix has 2 games in hand and Dallas has 3. Chances are still remote if the Canucks don't win at least 8 of their last 9 games. Even then Phoenix would only need to win 7 of 11 and Dallas 8 of 12.

Odds are good the Canucks miss.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3186
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby SKYO » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:27 am

Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

Image

If we can manage to stay healthy enough, this team could go on a roll.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Rede » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 am

Looking at our upcoming schedule I'm not optimistic. I could see us getting 10 points in the final 9 games while playing really well.
User avatar
Rede
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:00 pm

SKYO wrote:Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

If we can manage to stay healthy enough, this team could go on a roll.


I like the way you think there chief! :thumbs:

The next two are the tough ones, in Minny and in Colorado.

After that, 6 of the last 7 are at home! :D

As I type this, the Rags score in overtime against the Coyotes = GOOD OMEN

Mike Smith looks like he got injured pretty good in this game, Coyotes will hafta run with Greiss


GO CANUCKS GO!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

:towel: :wave: :towel:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby SKYO » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

If we can manage to stay healthy enough, this team could go on a roll.


I like the way you think there chief! :thumbs:

The next two are the tough ones, in Minny and in Colorado.

After that, 6 of the last 7 are at home! :D

As I type this, the Rags score in overtime against the Coyotes = GOOD OMEN

Mike Smith looks like he got injured pretty good in this game, Coyotes will hafta run with Greiss


Thanks Lieutenant!

Yeah Smith looks to have a el serious injuryo, will be re-evaluated.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Benjo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Can't tell if serious or a run of the mill Smith flop...
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Benjo wrote:Can't tell if serious or a run of the mill Smith flop...

:lol: I thought the same thing, until he limped out with the trainer. As far as backups go though, Greiss is decent.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Topper » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:16 pm

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

If we can manage to stay healthy enough, this team could go on a roll.


I like the way you think there chief! :thumbs:

The next two are the tough ones, in Minny and in Colorado.

After that, 6 of the last 7 are at home! :D

As I type this, the Rags score in overtime against the Coyotes = GOOD OMEN

Mike Smith looks like he got injured pretty good in this game, Coyotes will hafta run with Greiss


Thanks Lieutenant! bucko.

Yeah Smith looks to have a el serious injuryo, will be re-evaluated.


fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4679
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:30 pm

It would be a shame for them to miss the playoffs due to injuries. I mean that never happens and it's not an excuse, just saying.... :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby SKYO » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 pm

Aquabro's might be selling the team.

Guess they don't want to live with the Gillis/Torts combo, nor do they want to buy em out, so they can just simply sell the team for profit. :o
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 pm

SKYO wrote:Aquabro's might be selling the team.

Guess they don't want to live with the Gillis/Torts combo, nor do they want to buy em out, so they can just simply sell the team for profit. :o



For real? They are huge hockey fans. If they are thinking of selling they must be hurting somewhere else.

Would be interesting if they were selling. Too bad Sandman loves Dallas.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby $lacker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.
User avatar
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:For real? They are huge hockey fans. If they are thinking of selling they must be hurting somewhere else.

If the rumors are true and they believe they can get $750 million for the team, it probably has nothing to do with them "hurting" and everything with maximizing their return.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Lancer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:25 am

$lacker wrote:Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.


Huh... :|

Intriguing.

Everything is rumour and speculation, but I don't know which would be more beneficial to the team - the deep-pocketed but allegedly meddling current owners who are the devils we know; or whoever would have the coin or credit to buy the team?

Does this hamstring whatever plan Gillis - or his possible replacement - have for the summer?

I guess we can only stay tuned.

One thing you can never say about this team is that it's boring. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests