Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:32 pm

The only reasonable explanation for this move is that they are in trade talks regarding Luongo and do not want to risk an injury. Otherwise it is a massive insult to Luongo who weathered this storm once before and in a very professional manner.

If this is not the case then MG must go. Enough is enough. Is he trying to get players to ask to be traded instead of being the one to ask them? If so he may get more than he bargained for.

If he trades Luongo for shit then none of this makes any sense at all. Here is hoping he has a respectable trade in the works, not a home run by any stretch but perhaps a respectable hockey trade.

If Pittsburg is going to pull the trigger on Kesler and if they are still not sold on bringing MAF back after this season it would make some sense that they take Luongo for MAF + along with whatever the Kesler deal involves.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby rats19 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:34 pm

If it is a trade..would luongo not know about it? Why would he be pissed at not starting the classic?
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4684
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Diehard1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:The only reasonable explanation for this move is that they are in trade talks regarding Luongo and do not want to risk an injury. Otherwise it is a massive insult to Luongo who weathered this storm once before and in a very professional manner.

If this is not the case then MG must go. Enough is enough. Is he trying to get players to ask to be traded instead of being the one to ask them? If so he may get more than he bargained for.

If he trades Luongo for shit then none of this makes any sense at all. Here is hoping he has a respectable trade in the works, not a home run by any stretch but perhaps a respectable hockey trade.

If Pittsburg is going to pull the trigger on Kesler and if they are still not sold on bringing MAF back after this season it would make some sense that they take Luongo for MAF + along with whatever the Kesler deal involves.


It's odd but not unheard of for this franchise. They really must be stupid if they don't realize the shitshow this would cause. Given all the drama around this team the sooner Kesler, Luongo and maybe Edler go the better.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:34 pm

It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Reefer2 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.


If they did this and there is no trade or injury then MG is the biggest dick.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Diehard1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.


If they did this and there is no trade or injury then MG is the biggest dick.


Doubt this has much to do with Gillis, this is Torts' decision. I actually don't care who they start as both are very good, but the optics are awful given Lu at last year's deadline.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm reading a few pundits that say this has nothing to do with a potential trade but everything to do with the Canucks needing points. Don't they get it? That's the same as saying the team has lost confidence, once again, in Luongo being the go to guy. That's why he wanted out and I am sure he was promised it wouldn't happen again. Well here we go.

Now from a hockey point of view I am all for playing the team that has the best shot at winning but we can't dick around like this again.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby NorCalNucks » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:22 pm

I searched and searched but only found Torts saying he will let people know about who is starting tomorrow. Even the interview with Lou is just him stating the facts he wants to start and it's a special game. It's probably frustrating to not know if you are starting or not for the big game but nothing out of the ordinary. I am hoping this is just Farhan stirring s*.\>^ up otherwise it would be pretty classless of the organization to bench him. Sure you ride the hot hand but loyalty should be rewarded especially the way Lou has handle all things.
NorCalNucks
CC Rookie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:55 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Not starting luongo is going to turn out to be the straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to Gillis.
If it's true
Luggage eyes needs to start packing
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby mathonwy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 pm

rats19 wrote:If it is a trade..would luongo not know about it? Why would he be pissed at not starting the classic?

Exactly.

If Luo knew there was a trade happening, Lou would absolutely tow the party line. Luo's not stupid. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't fuck himself again (like he did with that "my contract sucks" comment).

I'm thinking this is EXACTLY what this looks like. They're fucking Luo. What on earth is the Canuck organization doing??? This the worst season ever. How can they be so out of fucking out of tune with the fans? With reality???

And to do this with the Heritage Winter Classic... when people are already pissed off with the high ticket prices.

And fresh off the Kesler rumours...

I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:
Last edited by mathonwy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:If handled right MG has the opportunity to do a complete rebuild in a matter of a few days.

A great return for Kesler and a Edler.

Somewhat of a hockey return for Luongo.

Bieksa to Boston for another Louie and a pick.

Burrows to Les Habs for an out of favour young Swedish D'man.

Booth for a late round pick.

So here is what I'd do and MG better get er done! No excuses, these deals are all there for the taking.

Kesler for Johanson (sp) and a 1st. We take Gaborik off their hands to help them clear cap.

Edler for Mantha, DeKeyser, a 1st and one of Nyquist/Tartar

Luongo for MAF, Sutter and a 1st

Bieksa for that other Louie, Marchand and a 1st.

Burrows for that Swedish D'man and a 1st.

Pick up Campbell for a 7th for the playoff run.

Do it MG. No more over evaluating our players. Just get what you can along the lines I have drawn here and all will be ok.


Did The Brown Knight hack HW's account?


Everyone is losing his or her mind.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:38 pm

mathonwy wrote:I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:


Patience... PATIENCE....
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.


Maybe Gillis is one of these yahoos who wants his team to miss the playoffs. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby mathonwy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
mathonwy wrote:I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:


Patience... PATIENCE....


Image
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2103
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby The Brown Knight » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Real dick move on Torts or Gillis' part in planning to not play Luongo in the Heritage classic.

I'm extremely disgusted.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron