Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:27 pm

So on the eve of the gold medal game, Torts comes out and slams Team Canada saying he doesn't give a "sh--" about them and he hopes Sweden wins.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hope+ ... story.html

Sometimes, Torts just seems kind of dumb. Why say something like that when 99.9999% of the Canuck fan base is cheering for Team Canada?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Art Vandelay » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:39 pm

He says this shit for all the lap dogs and sheep in this town because they eat this crap up. Which one are you a lap dawg or a sheep ?
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Postby dbr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:29 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:So on the eve of the gold medal game, Torts comes out and slams Team Canada saying he doesn't give a "sh--" about them and he hopes Sweden wins.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hope+ ... story.html

Sometimes, Torts just seems kind of dumb. Why say something like that when 99.9999% of the Canuck fan base is cheering for Team Canada?

:lol:

Yeah, Torts saying he cares about his players more than the teams is really provocative. What are Canucks fans going to think about the fact that he cares about Canuck players?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Boston Canucker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 am

Yes, he just said Luongo and Hamhuis aren't really playing, so he wants Edler and Sedin to have great games, get some confidence, and he doesn't give a shit about Canada winning...he wants his players to succeed, get confidence, to help his team. If he said the reverse, I want Canada to win, even if it means Edler and Sedin don't play well...that would be a problem to me. And I'll even echo his thoughts, as a Canadian, I don't give a shit really about Canada either, would rather see the Canucks win the Cup...not that I'm holding my breath in the near term. :(
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 am

I agree my most coveted is the Stanley cup...but I sure as hell cared who won gold..
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Reefer2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:20 am

It is not what he said but how and as I have said many times, sports is 24/7 so little things are always made bigger just to sell advertising.
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:37 am

Reefer2 wrote:It is not what he said but how and as I have said many times, sports is 24/7 so little things are always made bigger just to sell advertising.

This seems like a completely circular argument that (unless I am misreading you) serves no purpose other than justifying getting worked up about something nobody should care about.

"It's important because people blow things out of proportion" :eh:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Reefer2 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:53 am

dbr wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:It is not what he said but how and as I have said many times, sports is 24/7 so little things are always made bigger just to sell advertising.

This seems like a completely circular argument that (unless I am misreading you) serves no purpose other than justifying getting worked up about something nobody should care about.

"It's important because people blow things out of proportion" :eh:

Bingo - give the man a prize. just kidding

But really who cares what he said?
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:57 am

:lol:

Exactly.

Sorry, I couldn't tell if you were saying "idiots will get worked up over this" or "idiots will get worked up over this and that matters".. :look:
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Like fellow American - Kesler, LaForgerella hates Canada.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Right on cue Dude...
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:Right on cue Dude...

:mex:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:51 am

Art Vandelay wrote:He says this shit for all the lap dogs and sheep in this town because they eat this crap up. Which one are you a lap dawg or a sheep ?

Really? I thought he said it for the fairies or donkeys. Which one are you? :lol:

"lap dawg" :P
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:55 am

Boy, would be something to play hockey with those 4 for a day. Courts still looks pretty good out there. :D

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:05 am

[quote="Todd Bersnoozi"]Boy, would be something to play hockey with those 4 for a day. Courts still looks pretty good out there. :D

^^
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat