Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:00 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e16449457/

Clarification on the terms of Torts suspension. Love to get feedback from Cowpuke since it really isn't a 15 day ban at all :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby BladesofSteel » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I'm all for bringing up a forward or two to play them in the top six.

The problem is, the most productive player on the farm is Hairy Feiry, and he's not going to make an impact. Jensen is miles away from earning a recall.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Speaking of Detroits continued insaneness at constantly finding gems in the draft wasn't it Meds who said Tatar would never see daylight in the NHL in response to me marvelling at Detroits amazing drafting and developing? LOL
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:30 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Speaking of Detroits continued insaneness at constantly finding gems in the draft wasn't it Meds who said Tatar would never see daylight in the NHL in response to me marvelling at Detroits amazing drafting and developing? LOL

My ideal still stands, Edler for one of Tatar or Nyquist plus another player, would be nice for Abdelkader (C/LW) checker.

The more the season goes on the more Nyquist/Tatar's value goes up, which has already happened this season.

I wonder who tf Gillis was wanting in the offseason? he wanted 4 pieces in return from Det. but Holland backed out.

Gillis has to stop being so fucking demanding in these trades.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon

Nope, Jensen will be getting better and better dude.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby mathonwy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to call up a player or two who are marked as future potential starters and let them finish the season with the big club. The experience could be very valuable.

Hadn't thought it like that... but that pretty much means that the tank is on (which is what I'm a little bit in denial of).

As well, would GMMG have the kahunas to do this considering how fragile the Vancouver market currently is?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Topper » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Outside of Frankie, any other youngsters in Utica worth the Hollywood treatment.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Benjo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Don't think so Topper but Hutton is lighting up the college ranks right now so maybe we should just go all in for 5th round picks... :thumbs:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 pm

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon

Nope, Jensen will be getting better and better dude.

Get off the canned heat SKYO, you're losing it. Jensen is the next Rob Woodward. Anyone remember that 2nd round pick.

You need to sauce it like me tonight - Old fashions Jim Bacchus style - buffalo trace bourbon whiskey (I like Woodford but its pricey) Brown sugar cube, 4 drops of bitters on the cube, splash of water, mash the cube to a paste, a few cubes of ice, orange zest and a shot of buffalo, stir it up. Top up the rock glass with more ice, toss in another shot of buffalo trace, stir it up and swill it to the high heavens my good man, old fashions all the way. You'll feel like a million bucks tonight but shite tomorrow. Where's that republican, religious grease ball from Clark park - Doc and his Dayton's and red mackinaw jacket?
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:07 am

mathonwy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to call up a player or two who are marked as future potential starters and let them finish the season with the big club. The experience could be very valuable.

Hadn't thought it like that... but that pretty much means that the tank is on (which is what I'm a little bit in denial of).

As well, would GMMG have the kahunas to do this considering how fragile the Vancouver market currently is?

I don't see it as tanking. We can't score. Whats the harm in seeing in someone else can. Lain may have potential as a 4th liner, maybe one day a 3rd liner but he ain't the answer to our scoring woes. But ya, we don't have anyone in Utica to get excited about, at least not this year.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 am

JS got one point (assist) last night in the Comets OT victory against the Heat. Doubt we see him in the line up tonight as he just played back to backs.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby herb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 am

HW if it were up to me, JS would be playing tonight.

He could not be worse than Dalpe.
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Lancer » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:29 pm

herb wrote:He could not be worse than Dalpe.

+1

Too bad the scheduling is what it is. That said, how many games has he had off before now?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dhabums » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/suspended-tortorella-allowed-some-contact-with-team-coaches/article16449457/

Clarification on the terms of Torts suspension. Love to get feedback from Cowpuke since it really isn't a 15 day ban at all :mrgreen:

There is no enforcement. It is on the honour system.

Hey, sounds like the 2011 SCF. :)
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat