Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 pm wrote:Love this pick, did not expect Shinkaruk to be there. Great day for the Nucks at the draft. Horvat and Shinkaruk are gonna grow together in this organization, Canuck future looking a fair bit more promising now. We should be seeing these two, Horvat and Shinkaruk at the WJC's I imagine. Yes, Hunter is slight at just under 5'11 and 175 lbs, he ain't a Schroeder shrimp, but the kid is highly skilled, has a real nose for the net, super fast and highly competive. Love it.


viewtopic.php?p=176282#p176282
RoyalDude Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:11 pm wrote:A lot of Jeff Skinner comparisons to Shinkaruk's game.


viewtopic.php?p=180851#p180851
RoyalDude Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm wrote:Shinkaruk is looking like a steal


viewtopic.php?p=181271#p181271
RoyalDude Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 pm wrote:Shinkaruk looks good but the kid is a bean pole, back to the dub he goes

Great drafting Gillis


viewtopic.php?p=181284#p181284
RoyalDude Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 am wrote:hmmm, are we watching the same player? I understand Horvat is an 18 year old rookie and obviously needs a lot of time but he is not in Shinkaruk's league at having made an impression in this pre-season.


viewtopic.php?p=183087#p183087
RoyalDude Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm wrote:I like Shinkaruk and Horvat and Corrado.


viewtopic.php?p=187633#p187633
RoyalDude Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 am wrote:Both Leier and Johnson will be playing with Horvat and Shinkaruk at the 2014 WJC's


Wow, someone sure follows RD religiously and sure has a lot of time on his hands. C.R.E.E.P.E.R! :lol:


Everyone knows you are in love with RD.... Todd.

I just wanted to help you see that sometimes love is blind. :santa:


No doubt, I like the posts by RD. He doesn't buy the Kool-Aid that alot of ppl here are druken with. He's not afraid to speak his thots and swim against the stream, for that I respect him. There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up. If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his tires. He called it on Shinkaruk, so I'm giving him kudos. Why is it that u care? :mex:
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Mondi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:57 pm

Word Perfect? :wow:
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Topper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:42 am

Mondi wrote:Word Perfect? :wow:

LOL

Easier to just open the search in a separate browser tab.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4612
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Arachnid » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:38 am

Mondi wrote:Word Perfect? :wow:


Tool Box
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:52 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
No doubt, I like the posts by RD. He doesn't buy the Kool-Aid that alot of ppl here are druken with. He's not afraid to speak his thots and swim against the stream, for that I respect him. There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up. If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his tires. He called it on Shinkaruk, so I'm giving him kudos. Why is it that u care? :mex:


Translated in english: RD's ass is nice and warm despite the smell. I no longer need to wear a touque in the winter.
User avatar
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby dbr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:17 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Wow, someone sure follows RD religiously and sure has a lot of time on his hands. C.R.E.E.P.E.R! :lol:


Hate reading comments like these.

It takes all of five minutes and two fucking brain cells to rub together to do this, and with RoyalDude it's not even a challenge because you can pick an opinion he claims to hold strongly and pretty much guarantee he'll have contradicted it, badly, in the fairly recent past.

Furthermore the notion that someone should be mocked for making a cursory effort when they post (and for expecting others to do the same) is just completely asinine.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 am

dbr wrote:Hate reading comments like these.

It takes all of five minutes and two fucking brain cells to rub together to do this, and with RoyalDude it's not even a challenge because you can pick an opinion he claims to hold strongly and pretty much guarantee he'll have contradicted it, badly, in the fairly recent past.

Furthermore the notion that someone should be mocked for making a cursory effort when they post (and for expecting others to do the same) is just completely asinine.



So.... what? He can go around acting all high and mighty and put ppl down? U watch hockey, u should know what will happen if u take a cheap shot @ someone, chances are the guy will take a number and take a run @ u when they see an opportunity. Seriously, what do u expect from a guy named after Bertuzzi? We are not talking about a Sedin here. U think he can go around slamming ppl and there won't be any repercussions? Gee, Bert is in the corner (he's a big tuff dood known to have a bad temper), I think I'll run him into the boards. Pure genius Mr. Harvard Stevie Moore. :P


Art Vandelay wrote:Translated in english: RD's ass is nice and warm despite the smell. I no longer need to wear a touque in the winter.


More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up.


Begs the question: What team are you + RoyalQueen on, and what team are we on?

Eh Todd, EH?? Image

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his _ _ _ _ _.


Well who are we to judge, Free World and all that...
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:


You're losing it Todd...
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7085
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Uncle dans leg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:


You're losing it Todd...

JonT21 wants his sock back
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby dbr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:So.... what? He can go around acting all high and mighty and put ppl down? U watch hockey, u should know what will happen if u take a cheap shot @ someone, chances are the guy will take a number and take a run @ u when they see an opportunity. Seriously, what do u expect from a guy named after Bertuzzi? We are not talking about a Sedin here. U think he can go around slamming ppl and there won't be any repercussions? Gee, Bert is in the corner (he's a big tuff dood known to have a bad temper), I think I'll run him into the boards. Pure genius Mr. Harvard Stevie Moore. :P


What the fuck is this?

I said I hate seeing people attempt to exploit another poster's cursory level of thought and effort as though it was something to be ashamed of.

(I also hate when people make themselves look functionally illiterate substituting letters, symbols and abbreviations for words but that's another matter.)

You go ahead and push your laughable hockey game analogy as far as you like but when people attempt to ridicule a marginal level of effort in anything they appear to be either completely incompetent (do you not know how easy it is to use the search feature?) or militantly idiotic.

I don't care who you're targeting or why, I just hate the idea that making an effort to post something other than mindless halfassed dreck is something to mock.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Boston Canucker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:32 am

Hockey Widow wrote:If we had signed Schultz we may never have claimed Stanton off waivers. Funny how things work out.


Likely true, or it might have negatively impacted Tanev's development, or Corrado last year.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:Begs the question: What team are you + RoyalQueen on, and what team are we on?

Eh Todd, EH?? Image


C'mon man, u seriously don't know yet? The guys who don't buy the Kool-Aid.


dbr wrote:(I also hate when people make themselves look functionally illiterate substituting letters, symbols and abbreviations for words but that's another matter.)


Welcome to the 21 century man, the age of facebook, twitter and texting. That's what I see and do in these mediums, I see writing posts on the internet for a hobby on a canucks board just an extension of it. If I was writing an academic paper or something for work, I would spend more time to proofread, edit and avoid slang/symbols. For sharing my thots and opinions on a hobby? I seriously don't give a crap.

What the fuck is this?

I said I hate seeing people attempt to exploit another poster's cursory level of thought and effort as though it was something to be ashamed of.

You go ahead and push your laughable hockey game analogy as far as you like but when people attempt to ridicule a marginal level of effort in anything they appear to be either completely incompetent (do you not know how easy it is to use the search feature?) or militantly idiotic.

I don't care who you're targeting or why, I just hate the idea that making an effort to post something other than mindless halfassed dreck is something to mock.


I can respect where u are coming from. I honestly don't like writing such posts. I'd like to just come here, have fun and chat about the Knuckleheads; however, if someone wants to start the mud slinging, he'd better be ready to get dirty. It seems like lately I come here and more often than not, I have stick my hands in the filth and take out the garbage. Maybe it's a sign that I should retire from this place, maybe @ least take an extended break or move on elsewhere. I will say this, if u look at anything in society, this kind of crap happens everywhere. U don't have to like it, but I do what I gotta do. As my buddy Bert would say, "it is what it is".

Anyways, to both friends and foes, Merry Christmas doods! Hopefully the New Year will be a good one for us Knucklehead fans, a Stanley Cup is much deserved for us long suffering fans. :D
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby dbr » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Cheers Todd. I respect your honesty and your courage to appear either completely incompetent or aggressively stupid. ;)
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:54 pm

dbr wrote:Cheers Todd. I respect your honesty and your courage to appear either completely incompetent or aggressively stupid. ;)


I never expected u to understand cuz you're a smartypants and u like taking it up the butt. Laters. :P
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests