Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Meds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:58 pm

SKYO wrote:Edler out indefinitely, Alberts slots in.. :o

Can see what life will be like on the Canucks without the mighty Alexander Edler.

Garrison Tanev
Hamhuis Bieksa
Stanton Alberts

Although I'd 100x prefer to see Corrado called up, I think he alongside Garrison would be a deadleh combo.

Yeah, replacing Edler with Alberts will only make Edler look invaluable.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

nuckster wrote:Appreciate your reasoned responses there Mr. Bersnoozi!

If he likes you he calls you mister.

It's a ster thing.

Todd is nothing if not reasoned.

Hmmm... Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce, Schroeder... the future looks bright at centre.

That's right: Schroeder! Image
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Topper wrote:Makes one miss KB4. :P

Oh no you didn't :shock:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby nuckster » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:25 pm

Strangelove wrote:
nuckster wrote:Appreciate your reasoned responses there Mr. Bersnoozi!

If he likes you he calls you mister.

It's a ster thing.

Todd is nothing if not reasoned.

Hmmm... Horvat, Cassels, Gaunce, Schroeder... the future looks bright at centre.

That's right: Schroeder! Image

Quite a memory there Mr. Strangelove! I'm not usually driven to 'ster' the pot ... just smoke a little now and again. I'm usually content with my 'lurker' status - life gets pretty busy sometimes.

In all seriousness, does anyone know what has happened with Donny (Lever)? I recall reading a post somewhere along the line that mentioned 'RIP' in reference to Donnie and I thought WTF?; I didn't have time at the time to follow it up.
cc oldtimer
nuckster
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 pm

He became disenfranchised..
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:12 pm

I heard he was traded to the Leafs for future considerations and the NHL is still trying to figure out the trade call. Might just be a rumour though!
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm

nuckster wrote:BUT, in spite of this kind of speculation, didn't Erie of the OHL seek him out in a trade just recently?

Yeah, I noticed that Gaunce got traded to the otters too. Too bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby herb » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:43 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Too bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore.

Too bad?? Yeah, too bad Gaunce has been traded from one of the worst teams in the OHL to the best. It really is a shame now that he'll be competing for a Memorial Cup instead of trying to keep a crappy team afloat. That can't possibly be good for his development... :lol:
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm

herb wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Too bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore.

Too bad?? Yeah, too bad Gaunce has been traded from one of the worst teams in the OHL to the best. It really is a shame now that he'll be competing for a Memorial Cup instead of trying to keep a crappy team afloat. That can't possibly be good for his development... :lol:

The only shame is that Subban didn't come with him. Who knows, perhaps if he was on the Otters all season he might be on the WJ squad. Look forward to seeing how he competes in their run.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby $lacker » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:22 pm

Not sure how many of you have seen this or if it's even on the boards yet, but I'm pretty excited to see the final product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4AwAYWUwUE
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Meds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 pm

$lacker wrote:Not sure how many of you have seen this or if it's even on the boards yet, but I'm pretty excited to see the final product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4AwAYWUwUE

Yeah.....great......why not just call this Orca Change?
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:51 pm

herb wrote:Too bad?? Yeah, too bad Gaunce has been traded from one of the worst teams in the OHL to the best. It really is a shame now that he'll be competing for a Memorial Cup instead of trying to keep a crappy team afloat. That can't possibly be good for his development... :lol:

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer, but I think some ppl here are not very good readers. All I said was "(t)oo bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore". U gotta read the whole sentence, but I guess it's too hard for some ppl. My point is that basically it's too bad that our 2 prospects won't be playing together anymore. God, some ppl here have the reading lvl of a 5 year old. :lol:

Anyways, if that's the way u want to play it, i'm game. U can say that it's good for Gaunce's development to play on a good team so he can win a championship. I can come back and say it's bad for Gaunce to play on a good team cuz it's filled with good players and it'll be easy for him to get lazy and let others carry the team. I say it's better for him to play on a poor team, so he can get more ice time and be "the man" who is relied upon to play in all situations and carry the team on his back. There u go son. There's always 2 sides to every debate/arguement, 2 sides to every coin. :P
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Its also possible playing on a good team raises the level of play and or learning...Raising the bar so to speak without raising it so high (NHL) as to promote failure
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby sagebrush » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:03 am

High intensity competition in the OHL playoffs will be good for Gaunce.

He can work on that pace thing, that Sutter worries about.

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:48 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer

Easily your best point of that post.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat