Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Vader »

The Brown Knight wrote: He made the deals based on sound logic, but the players just flat out didn't perform as expected.
Re: Booth

Sound logic my ass.

The entire league could have had this 25 goal "power forward" in the off-season for nothing. When UFA season started why couldn't the Panthers turf him for nothing when teams had cap space? The Panthers settled on less than nothing (a contract of Samuellson who was hurt and threw in a 3rd rounder to boot). 28 GM's passed on Booth for a reason.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote:Higgins-Pass-good finish,versatile
Santorelli-Pass-Center depth that the team needed
Richardson-On-the-fence,Potentials their but not seeing it right now
Sestito-An unfortunate necessity for the team as long as staged fights are part of the game
Booth-FAIL-I know RD's a fan,but.....
Kassian-Pass,Big power forward,not even in his prime yet
Welsh-Meh
Weise-Pass-good 4th liner,tough and a bit of finish

Hamhius-Double Pass-Nuff said
Garrison-Pass-Salo's replacement,in a bit of a slump right now and needs to re-think his game a bit,skills are there
Tanev-Pass-The Gillis's best score (so far),he's looking a little beefier this year
Stanton-Pass-looking good so far

Lack-Pass-The Stork has looked good,Cory who?
Interesting. Dangles would take Gillis group over previous mgmts group. Ballsy. No Sedins, no Kes, no Luongo, Burr, Edler, Bieska
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL how anyone could be on the fence or remotely pissed with Richardson's contribution for 1.1 fucking million dollars per baffles me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL how anyone could be on the fence or remotely pissed with Richardson's contribution for 1.1 fucking million dollars per baffles me.
He's still on pace for more points than Malhotra had in his best season in Vancouver. He's also still on pace for a career season... probably not going to end up that way, but I'm not sure why anyone's upset.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BurningBeard wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL how anyone could be on the fence or remotely pissed with Richardson's contribution for 1.1 fucking million dollars per baffles me.
He's still on pace for more points than Malhotra had in his best season in Vancouver. He's also still on pace for a career season... probably not going to end up that way, but I'm not sure why anyone's upset.
exactly. he is on the smaller side but he works his ass off is a solid penalty killer and will pick up a few points. In a perfect world he is the 4th line centre however.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.
It's just another example of how Gillis has driven this team into the ground and is simply riding the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. The Canucks could have had Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn, but Gillis decided to go after Richardson and David "Bimbo" Booth instead.

:THUMBS DOWN:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi - [b]NOV 2, 2011[/b] wrote:The questionable pickups right now would be Booth and Baltard; for Booth, it's still early and Ballard has played quite a bit better this year, but their contracts might handcup the team for a long time.
- I meant handcuff* :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8821
.... and yet you said "handcup" in what some might call a "Freudian slip"... Todd. :hmmm:

Anyhoo...

Yeah, pretty much everyone knew the Booth trade was a gamble

(so you're no genius).

And obviously said gamble was: Will Booth live up to his contract?

True that if a GM makes this kind of gamble... and loses... he deserves criticism.

As for the Ballard trade... it’s true you were against it from the beginning (I checked).

But then you, like your pal the Dude, are a Grabner-lover from way back

... and thusly took out your frustrations on poor old "Baltard" from the get-go.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Hey Strangelove,

Do you agree with Canuckscorner.com poster Royaldude that the Canucks should trade for Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn?

Also - piggybacking on what Royaldude is saying, I think Gillis is a sub-par GM that has simple ridden the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. I also HATE David Booth.

Fuck David Booth! :mad:

The Dark Indian Rises
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

The Brown Knight wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.
It's just another example of how Gillis has driven this team into the ground and is simply riding the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. The Canucks could have had Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn, but Gillis decided to go after Richardson and David "Bimbo" Booth instead.

These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

JonT21 wrote: These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.
At the very least, it's fair to assume they were separated at birth.

Although, I must add that everyone hates David Booth these days.

Even yours truly. :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

JonT21 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:

These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.
Royaldude is the best poster on here brah.

I bet if Royaldude was GM of the Canucks, we'd be where the Hawks and Blues are at current.

The Dark Indian Rises
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote:
I bet if Royaldude was GM of the Canucks, we'd be where the Hawks and Blues are at current.
Is that you Robby, please step away from the crack pipe and get yourself some help! Toronto already has one gonge show with the Laffs, they don't need another in the Mayors chair.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I have already compared him to Andrew Ebbet
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I like Richardson. Overall, he has been pretty good for the 3rd-4th line, hard-working guy, decent defensively, plays PK, popped in some points early on, but bit on the small side though. He did have a bad game vs panthers, standing around on 1st goal and came in late on the 2nd goal. I think he'll bounce back.