Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.
If they did this and there is no trade or injury then MG is the biggest dick.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:It's the absolute blinders they seem to have on. If nothing else Luongo has earned the right to at least be asked if he wants the game. How could the team not know that this would upset Luongo and how could they not care.
If they did this and there is no trade or injury then MG is the biggest dick.
Doubt this has much to do with Gillis, this is Torts' decision. I actually don't care who they start as both are very good, but the optics are awful given Lu at last year's deadline.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm reading a few pundits that say this has nothing to do with a potential trade but everything to do with the Canucks needing points. Don't they get it? That's the same as saying the team has lost confidence, once again, in Luongo being the go to guy. That's why he wanted out and I am sure he was promised it wouldn't happen again. Well here we go.

Now from a hockey point of view I am all for playing the team that has the best shot at winning but we can't dick around like this again.
NorCalNucks
CC Rookie

Post by NorCalNucks »

I searched and searched but only found Torts saying he will let people know about who is starting tomorrow. Even the interview with Lou is just him stating the facts he wants to start and it's a special game. It's probably frustrating to not know if you are starting or not for the big game but nothing out of the ordinary. I am hoping this is just Farhan stirring s*.\>^ up otherwise it would be pretty classless of the organization to bench him. Sure you ride the hot hand but loyalty should be rewarded especially the way Lou has handle all things.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Not starting luongo is going to turn out to be the straw that broke the camels back for me when it comes to Gillis.
If it's true
Luggage eyes needs to start packing
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

rats19 wrote:If it is a trade..would luongo not know about it? Why would he be pissed at not starting the classic?
Exactly.

If Luo knew there was a trade happening, Lou would absolutely tow the party line. Luo's not stupid. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't fuck himself again (like he did with that "my contract sucks" comment).

I'm thinking this is EXACTLY what this looks like. They're fucking Luo. What on earth is the Canuck organization doing??? This the worst season ever. How can they be so out of fucking out of tune with the fans? With reality???

And to do this with the Heritage Winter Classic... when people are already pissed off with the high ticket prices.

And fresh off the Kesler rumours...

I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:
Last edited by mathonwy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: If handled right MG has the opportunity to do a complete rebuild in a matter of a few days.

A great return for Kesler and a Edler.

Somewhat of a hockey return for Luongo.

Bieksa to Boston for another Louie and a pick.

Burrows to Les Habs for an out of favour young Swedish D'man.

Booth for a late round pick.

So here is what I'd do and MG better get er done! No excuses, these deals are all there for the taking.

Kesler for Johanson (sp) and a 1st. We take Gaborik off their hands to help them clear cap.

Edler for Mantha, DeKeyser, a 1st and one of Nyquist/Tartar

Luongo for MAF, Sutter and a 1st

Bieksa for that other Louie, Marchand and a 1st.

Burrows for that Swedish D'man and a 1st.

Pick up Campbell for a 7th for the playoff run.

Do it MG. No more over evaluating our players. Just get what you can along the lines I have drawn here and all will be ok.
Did The Brown Knight hack HW's account?
Everyone is losing his or her mind.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:
Patience... PATIENCE....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Maybe Gillis is one of these yahoos who wants his team to miss the playoffs. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:
mathonwy wrote: I kinda want to molotov cocktail something right about now. Canuck management is driving my team into the ground. :evil:
Patience... PATIENCE....
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Real dick move on Torts or Gillis' part in planning to not play Luongo in the Heritage classic.

I'm extremely disgusted.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

I'm sure glad nobody overreacted today.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: If handled right MG has the opportunity to do a complete rebuild in a matter of a few days.

A great return for Kesler and a Edler.

Somewhat of a hockey return for Luongo.

Bieksa to Boston for another Louie and a pick.

Burrows to Les Habs for an out of favour young Swedish D'man.

Booth for a late round pick.

So here is what I'd do and MG better get er done! No excuses, these deals are all there for the taking.

Kesler for Johanson (sp) and a 1st. We take Gaborik off their hands to help them clear cap.

Edler for Mantha, DeKeyser, a 1st and one of Nyquist/Tartar

Luongo for MAF, Sutter and a 1st

Bieksa for that other Louie, Marchand and a 1st.

Burrows for that Swedish D'man and a 1st.

Pick up Campbell for a 7th for the playoff run.

Do it MG. No more over evaluating our players. Just get what you can along the lines I have drawn here and all will be ok.
Did The Brown Knight hack HW's account?
Everyone is losing his or her mind.

You didn't take that seriously did you? I tried to be obviously sarcastic.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Lack starting the heritage game? Lu is pissed.
Cory Schneid's 2.0 :lol: