Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Arachnid »

rikster wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:I question Eakins the Moose team mate of much of the current core of the lineup. Can he crack the whip if need be on his friends.

Coffee with the Bieksas while in town? I'd prefer more separation.
I agree

Not surprised Eakins takes the Oiler job, sort of like why Schultz chose the Oilers. The window here in Vancouver is closing fast, this isn't a long term project with great future promise that a young coach would jump at.
I dunno about that, the more I watch the playoffs the further away from being a Cup contender the Oilers look...

Nothing up the middle, whether it be centre, blue line or goalie....Too fragile to compete in the West and the early returns on McTavish is that he seems to be a tad irrational who acts before he thinks....

Why go public with the comments about Horcoff and Hemsky, was he too lazy to pick up the phone and call the other GM's to let them know he was willing to deal them instead of throwing them under the bus in public?...

And what due diligence was done before he hired Eakins and why the rush to hire him?....

The Oilers are like every team in the league, enough skill to make the post season if they get more breaks than heart aches, but are built for the way the game was suppose to be played post 2004 lockout and not the way the game is actually called and played post 2004 lockout....

Take care....
Take Care of what exactly? Eakins went with a younger, more talented team, get over it already...as my friend RD says, the GM is replaceable so the blocks are there...maybe Wayne comes in next...

Risk on....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And as for Rogers Arena, since it's so deadly quiet in there, why not get some Cheerleaders?

I'm sure we can get better ones then deadmenton.

Don't takecare.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

FAN wrote:
Tiger wrote:Eakins would be a fool to jump onto an obvious sinking ship..
Disagree. The Canucks are still a playoff team and will likely remain so for the next 2-3 years. For a coach like Eakins with no NHL experience that is pretty important. He coaches a team to 2-3 years in the playoffs and he's almost guaranteed another NHL coaching position unless he manages to stay on the job and miss the playoffs for years. With the Oilers, Eakins will need to make the playoffs and there's no guarantee that Eakins can coach that team into the playoffs in the time he is there.
OK. so I disagree with your disagreement :lol:
If a coach comes in and improves the standing of a team he has a good chance of staying around or getting another coaching job.. Without a huge change in personnel the Canucks will probably not win the division next year ( Realignment means we would have to outpoint the Kings and Sharks ).. The division opponents will be tougher.. Edmonton with a new coach will probably do better than last year.. The Canucks will do worse ( aging twins and no real second line and a load of bad NT long term contracts ). Unless there are major changes to the roster they will decline again .. Not a good thing for a coaches resume' ? A year or 2 down the road ( when Aquaman finally sees the light and fires MG ) the Canucks will be a good landing spot for a new coach.. Not now..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:And as for Rogers Arena, since it's so deadly quiet in there, why not get some Cheerleaders?

Don't takecare.
Cheerleaders have no place in hockey. They need them in places like Phoenix and Carolina because nobody gives a shit about the game. In LA they need fucking Eric Cartman to cheer the team on. It's a disgrace.

No more selling out.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:And as for Rogers Arena, since it's so deadly quiet in there, why not get some Cheerleaders?

Don't takecare.
Cheerleaders have no place in hockey. They need them in places like Phoenix and Carolina because nobody gives a shit about the game. In LA they need fucking Eric Cartman to cheer the team on. It's a disgrace.

No more selling out.
Would not complain if they got rid if the shrinking baritone opera guy and got a hottie with a voice...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ukcanuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

Don't takecare.

No more selling out.
Would not complain if they got rid if the shrinking baritone opera guy and got a hottie with a voice...
Yeah that guy is cursed. The last time we won a home playoff game he was auditioning for the Chris Farley Story.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

ukcanuck wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

Don't takecare.

No more selling out.
I've got just the right hottie in mind. :thumbs:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Do share
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

HFBoards is confirming the canucks have signed Patrick Mullen. He's a undersized 27 year old, RHS offensive D-man. 2 way deal at NHL min. Seems to be clearly a Utica signing. Pretty strong numbers in the AHL his first two season coming from college (61 pts in 136 games, 41 in 69 for 2011/2012). Last year he was hurt and only played 2 games.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

tantalum wrote:HFBoards is confirming the canucks have signed Patrick Mullen. He's a undersized 27 year old, RHS offensive D-man. 2 way deal at NHL min. Seems to be clearly a Utica signing. Pretty strong numbers in the AHL his first two season coming from college (61 pts in 136 games, 41 in 69 for 2011/2012). Last year he was hurt and only played 2 games.
It's an extension. The Nucks already owned him. The two games he played this season was with the wolves.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24897
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:I question Eakins the Moose team mate of much of the current core of the lineup. Can he crack the whip if need be on his friends.

Coffee with the Bieksas while in town? I'd prefer more separation.
I agree

Not surprised Eakins takes the Oiler job, sort of like why Schultz chose the Oilers. The window here in Vancouver is closing fast, this isn't a long term project with great future promise that a young coach would jump at.
You may be right about Eakins' thinking RD, but it may well prove to be a big mistake. The Oilers have gone through 4 coaches in 5 years. As long as Lowe is driving the short bus (and Lowe hiring his old buddy MacT to be GM does nothing to dispel this notion), the Oilers will sacrifice the coach rather than dealing with the deeper-rooted problems in that organization.

I love watching Oil Change, which for some reason has been on re-runs the past few months. Every episode seems to have Tambellini talking about how important character is to the organization, need to change the culture, blah blah blah, but he then fucks Quinn over completely in favour of Renney....who he think shit-cans anyways 2 years later! He trots out the exact same BS after firing Renney, and now a year later the man to turn the team around has been fucked over! (this time by MacT and Lowe)

For all the young talent the Oilers have amassed, I'd say they remain a deeply dysfunctional organization, and I'm not surprised they went with the least-experienced coaching candidate out there.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:It's an extension. The Nucks already owned him. The two games he played this season was with the wolves.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=24897
Alright alright, just lower the treble son.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rumsfeld wrote: Cheerleaders have no place in hockey. They need them in places like Phoenix and Carolina because nobody gives a shit about the game. In LA they need fucking Eric Cartman to cheer the team on. It's a disgrace.

No more selling out.
I couldn't agree more!

:|

OK, I'm stunned.

How did this happen?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Cheerleaders have no place in hockey. They need them in places like Phoenix and Carolina because nobody gives a shit about the game. In LA they need fucking Eric Cartman to cheer the team on. It's a disgrace.

No more selling out.
I couldn't agree more!

OK, I'm stunned.

How did this happen?
Maybe Vancouver could have Trannies instead of cheerleaders...I know a couple of people that would like dat dere.... :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Per wrote:

No more selling out.
I couldn't agree more!

OK, I'm stunned.

How did this happen?
:D

The Dark Side beckons, Per. Just roll with it.

It all fits too because I am most definitely your daddy on these boards...