Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Boston Canucker »

Hockey Widow wrote: Too bad we played all of our games against the SJS already. Those points would look nice.

The team is holding its own. Yes, we are still in the top half of teams as opposed to the bottom half. That bodes well moving forward. I admit when the twins re-signed for four more years I breathed easier. We still have our top two point producers with some promise in the minutes. No Calgary, or heaven forbid Oiler, rebuilds for us. Still need to add the right mix of kids over the next year or two but I feel better about the now than I did before the twins re-signed. We have four more years to get ready for when they retire, maybe five if they are still producing and want to do one year deals after that.
Yes, I agree, and I wonder if Justin Schultz is also wanting a do-over on his over-hyped decision two summers ago, not just because the Oilers are hopelessly wretched under a coach who is likely over his head while the Canucks remain a competitive team, but also that the minutes earned by Tanev and Stanton show the team is more than willing to give top 4, top 6, playing time to young D who can play. Tanev and Stanton and likely Corrado will be the young D growing with this Canucks team over the next 5-10 yrs, hopefully.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Since I've been away the shnoodlers have really run amok around here eh rats? CONDEMNING a blue chip prospect like HS already? Appearing out of the woodwork after a couple of losses to rant on and on again about the same bullshit

Oh and heres a link for your vocabulary Todd...maybe you can teach it in your "class"
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_shnoodling
Yikes on the link...lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Oh and heres a link for your vocabulary Todd...maybe you can teach it in your "class"
I just about barfed in my mouth... :crazy:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Lancer wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Oh and heres a link for your vocabulary Todd...maybe you can teach it in your "class"
I just about barfed in my mouth... :crazy:

I always thought I could shnoodle with my wife
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be a real kick in the teeth if Gillis true 2013 1st round pick - Shinkaruk (Horvat was acquired via Nonis prized 1st round pick - Schneider) gets cut from the WJC'S
*Haha* RD called it. Our new Mason Raymond got cut. :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Ok, it's not that funny. Just RD takes a lot of flack for his thoughts sometimes. I think a lot of times, he raises a good point and it's nice to see him right. :D
Ummm by the time RD "called it" everyone was expecting Hunter Shinkaruk to be cut (due to nagging injuries).

For your information, RD is "right" about everything... and wrong about everything.

This is due to his constant flip-flopping.

For example, here are some of his positive "thoughts" on Hunter Shinkaruk:

viewtopic.php?p=176256#p176256
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 pm[/color] wrote: Love this pick, did not expect Shinkaruk to be there. Great day for the Nucks at the draft. Horvat and Shinkaruk are gonna grow together in this organization, Canuck future looking a fair bit more promising now. We should be seeing these two, Horvat and Shinkaruk at the WJC's I imagine. Yes, Hunter is slight at just under 5'11 and 175 lbs, he ain't a Schroeder shrimp, but the kid is highly skilled, has a real nose for the net, super fast and highly competive. Love it.
viewtopic.php?p=176282#p176282
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:11 pm[/color] wrote: A lot of Jeff Skinner comparisons to Shinkaruk's game.
viewtopic.php?p=180851#p180851
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm[/color] wrote: Shinkaruk is looking like a steal

viewtopic.php?p=181271#p181271
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 pm[/color] wrote: Shinkaruk looks good but the kid is a bean pole, back to the dub he goes

Great drafting Gillis
viewtopic.php?p=181284#p181284
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 am[/color] wrote: hmmm, are we watching the same player? I understand Horvat is an 18 year old rookie and obviously needs a lot of time but he is not in Shinkaruk's league at having made an impression in this pre-season.
viewtopic.php?p=183087#p183087
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm[/color] wrote: I like Shinkaruk and Horvat and Corrado.
viewtopic.php?p=187633#p187633
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 am[/color] wrote: Both Leier and Johnson will be playing with Horvat and Shinkaruk at the 2014 WJC's
Note that 2 weeks ago RD was saying Shinkaruk would make the team.

Everyone knows you are in love with RD.... Todd.

I just wanted to help you see that sometimes love is blind. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Too bad we played all of our games against the SJS already. Those points would look nice.

The team is holding its own. Yes, we are still in the top half of teams as opposed to the bottom half. That bodes well moving forward. I admit when the twins re-signed for four more years I breathed easier. We still have our top two point producers with some promise in the minutes. No Calgary, or heaven forbid Oiler, rebuilds for us. Still need to add the right mix of kids over the next year or two but I feel better about the now than I did before the twins re-signed. We have four more years to get ready for when they retire, maybe five if they are still producing and want to do one year deals after that.
Yes, I agree, and I wonder if Justin Schultz is also wanting a do-over on his over-hyped decision two summers ago, not just because the Oilers are hopelessly wretched under a coach who is likely over his head while the Canucks remain a competitive team, but also that the minutes earned by Tanev and Stanton show the team is more than willing to give top 4, top 6, playing time to young D who can play. Tanev and Stanton and likely Corrado will be the young D growing with this Canucks team over the next 5-10 yrs, hopefully.

If we had signed Schultz we may never have claimed Stanton off waivers. Funny how things work out.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote: Ummm by the time RD "called it" everyone was expecting Hunter Shinkaruk to be cut (due to nagging injuries).

For your information, RD is "right" about everything... and wrong about everything.

This is due to his constant flip-flopping.
So much time and energy expended on a troll. Strangey...are you like Sherlock Holmes and RD your Professor Moriarty?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote: So much time and energy expended on a troll. Strangey...are you like Sherlock Holmes and RD your Professor Moriarty?
RD is more like one of Moriarty's hired thugs.

I really don't get why folks say this is time consuming.

Use the search feature.

Put Shinkaruk in as keyword, RoyalDude in as author.

Quickly scan a few of RD's posts.

Copy & paste snippets into Word Perfect.

Then copy & paste the entire thing into a post.

10 minutes :roll:

Now unmasking someone like Vandelay... that is time consuming.

Yeah I wish I had the time for dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Now they know....they know
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The long and short of it, Todd, like Booth, Ballard, Bernier, Pahlsson, Roy, we should never sway from our original optimism with those transactions after we have learned that said players end up becoming total flops

It is admirable, the continued optimism regarding booth, I wish I could have stayed the course but I cannot choose to ignore the bust that he is

Shink dropped the ball, why can't we bust his çhops for it, what's wrong with tough love? Sorry Doc, I can't coddle like some can
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Docs desk job skills certainly have come in handy here
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:The long and short of it...Todd... I can't coddle like some can
...but please, by all means, continue schnoodling me like you have been
Fixed it for ya dude ;)
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Now unmasking someone like Vandelay... that is time consuming.

Yeah I wish I had the time for dat dere.
LOFL it didn't take as long as I thought!

Vandelay, I saw what you did and I know who you are. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Since I've been away the shnoodlers have really run amok around here eh rats? CONDEMNING a blue chip prospect like HS already? Appearing out of the woodwork after a couple of losses to rant on and on again about the same bullshit
Wow, u think HS is a blue chip prospect? :lol: U just displayed your lack of knowledge about the NHL there and u show what kind of creditability u have man. Nathan McKinnon, Jonathan Drouin, Seth Jones, those guys are bluechip players. I wouldn't even classify BoHo as a bluechip prospect. HS is a good prospect, but he is far from a bluechip player. He was selected 24th overall, so 23 teams passed up on him. He has some flaws in his body and game that prevents him from being a top rated player. Don't get me wrong, I hope HS becomes a great player. There's a chance he will become a very good NHLer, but there's a chance that he won't make it either. It's way too early to say and u never really know. Free advice for ya, don't sell the farm on HS becoming a NHL superstar. :P

Oh and heres a link for your vocabulary Todd...maybe you can teach it in your "class"
No thanx man. I wouldn't expose kids to sick concepts that u like to proliferate and I protect them from sick minds like yourself. You're pretty much the last guy I would go to for advice on what I do. :P
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:41 pm[/color] wrote: Love this pick, did not expect Shinkaruk to be there. Great day for the Nucks at the draft. Horvat and Shinkaruk are gonna grow together in this organization, Canuck future looking a fair bit more promising now. We should be seeing these two, Horvat and Shinkaruk at the WJC's I imagine. Yes, Hunter is slight at just under 5'11 and 175 lbs, he ain't a Schroeder shrimp, but the kid is highly skilled, has a real nose for the net, super fast and highly competive. Love it.
viewtopic.php?p=176282#p176282
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:11 pm[/color] wrote: A lot of Jeff Skinner comparisons to Shinkaruk's game.
viewtopic.php?p=180851#p180851
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm[/color] wrote: Shinkaruk is looking like a steal

viewtopic.php?p=181271#p181271
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 pm[/color] wrote: Shinkaruk looks good but the kid is a bean pole, back to the dub he goes

Great drafting Gillis
viewtopic.php?p=181284#p181284
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 am[/color] wrote: hmmm, are we watching the same player? I understand Horvat is an 18 year old rookie and obviously needs a lot of time but he is not in Shinkaruk's league at having made an impression in this pre-season.
viewtopic.php?p=183087#p183087
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:50 pm[/color] wrote: I like Shinkaruk and Horvat and Corrado.
viewtopic.php?p=187633#p187633
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:44 am[/color] wrote: Both Leier and Johnson will be playing with Horvat and Shinkaruk at the 2014 WJC's
Wow, someone sure follows RD religiously and sure has a lot of time on his hands. C.R.E.E.P.E.R! :lol:

Everyone knows you are in love with RD.... Todd.

I just wanted to help you see that sometimes love is blind. :santa:
No doubt, I like the posts by RD. He doesn't buy the Kool-Aid that alot of ppl here are druken with. He's not afraid to speak his thoughts and swim against the stream, for that I respect him. There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up. If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his tires. He called it on Shinkaruk, so I'm giving him kudos. Why is it that u care? :mex: