Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Can't blame the big guy for wanting to go back to the KHL if he can't make the cut with us next year.

He's already a pro, and might as well make the big bucks in Russia than the little bucks in the AHL.

No doubt. I was just surprised because Benning said yesterday that the Trymakin camp never brought up his unwillingness/reluctance to play in the AHL and indicated that there would be no AHL type clause. So either this all unfolded in less that 24 hours or Benning is a fuc$ing liar!! Trade Benning! :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

убийство

Kill in Russian, for Doc.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Can't blame the big guy for wanting to go back to the KHL if he can't make the cut with us next year.

He's already a pro, and might as well make the big bucks in Russia than the little bucks in the AHL.
No doubt. I was just surprised because Benning said yesterday that the Trymakin camp never brought up his unwillingness/reluctance to play in the AHL and indicated that there would be no AHL type clause. So either this all unfolded in less that 24 hours or Benning is a fuc$ing liar!! Trade Benning! :mrgreen:
Hmmm... from your link from yesterday:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/nikit ... story.html

There are reports that he would return to the KHL next season rather than play in the American Hockey League if he can’t make the Canucks.

“He hasn’t told us that,” Benning said. “As far as him staying over here for the long term, we’re going to sign him and get him over here practising and then hopefully get him in some games between now and the end of the season.

“If he’s ready (for the NHL), that’s perfect. If he still needs time to develop, we’ll have to talk to him. With all Russian players, you hope that they stick it out for that development period and are part of your team long term.”
I believe it's the norm to have an out-clause for KHLers.

I think Benning meant they'd try to talk him out of using it (if he fails to make the team).

The reporter probably asked Benning "Is it true he'd rather go back to the KHL if he doesn't make the cut?"

Yeah, that narrative aligns much better with my 'Benning is practically perfect in every way' belief system. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:убийство

Kill in Russian, for Doc.
pronounced - Uutipas
http://forvo.com/word/%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%B ... %B2%D0%BE/

And some slang for you curious folks.

Idi Cyuda Suka!

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Not a bad deal for Tryamkin, considering his season in the K was over.

$92,500 USD signing bonus plus NHL salary (roughly $170,000 for the rest of the year) for a month of work. He'll be an RFA after next season.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Aaronp18 wrote:
dbr wrote: That's what I say every time he trades one. Hopefully one day soon I'll be right. ;)
He hasn't even been on the job for 2 years yet. :hmmm:

I'd say a little more patience is in order considering the roster turnover we've seen thus far.
Yeah I am ribbing - I've also said I don't have much of a problem with getting your new coach "his" guys - but he should hopefully be about ready to cut this stuff out with Vey, Baertschi, Etem, Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Gaunce, Granlund, Hutton, Tryamkin and Pedan all pretty well established in the professional ranks.

If Benning is significantly better than average at the draft table he should be using that ability to help the team rather than undermining his advantage to bring in older prospects who've already worn out their welcome in one organization.

(Maybe I'm just shellshocked from watching this franchise piss away draft picks over the last.. forever. We had the full set in 2009 and before that the last year was 1998. We've had just three of the last sixteen drafts with a full set or better - on account of possessing two 1sts in 99, 13 and 14. Mike Gillis for example basically traded away an entire draft during his tenure.)

Anyway, enough is enough. Make do with the kids in the organization now, Jim, and use your god damned picks to their best effect at the draft. :scowl:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: (Maybe I'm just shellshocked from watching this franchise piss away draft picks over the last.. forever. We had the full set in 2009 and before that the last year was 1998. We've had just three of the last sixteen drafts with a full set or better - on account of possessing two 1sts in 99, 13 and 14. Mike Gillis for example basically traded away an entire draft during his tenure.)

Anyway, enough is enough. Make do with the kids in the organization now, Jim, and use your god damned picks to their best effect at the draft. :scowl:
"Shellshocking" understood, but take heart young David!

Benning is well on his way to being the greatest GM in Canuck history as far as "full set of picks" goes. :thumbs:

Total last 2 drafts = 3 firsts, 1 second, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, 3 fifths, 2 sixths, 2 sevenths.

And this year he has a full set... and maybe more yet to come.

Plus that 2nd rounder from Columbus sometime over the next 3 drafts...

Take heart young David!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:News1130:

Have learned the #Canucks have signed defenseman Nikita Tryamkin to a 2 year entry level cap deal.
We haven't had the best of luck with the Russian imports. Hopefully he won't be another Chubarov/Koltsov and decide to play in his homeland.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: We haven't had the best of luck with the Russian imports.
I thought Pavel Bure was fairly good.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: We haven't had the best of luck with the Russian imports.
I thought Pavel Bure was fairly good.
Bure wasn't too shabby, along with Alexander the Great Mogilny, Igor Larionov, Artem Chubarov was a good worker for five years with Vancity.

Then we didn't draft much Russians after, until the new younger regime whose doing a rebuild now, enter the one and only JB whom has scouted Russians before and has given the OK to draft em once again for this revitalized up and coming Canucks team. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Canuck Russian picks since Bure:

1991, 6th round, Evgeny Namestnikov
1993, 7th round, Evgeny Babariko
1994, 7th round, Yuri Kuznetsov
1997, 8th round, Denis Martynyuk
1998, 2nd round, Artem Chubarov
2000, 5th round, Pavel Duma
2001, 4th round, Evgeny Gladskikh
2001, 8th round, Konstantin Mikhailov
2002, 2nd round, Kirill Koltsov
2002, 2nd round, Denis Grot
2002, 7th round, Ilya Krikunov
2003, 8th round, Sergei Topol
2006, 6th round, Sergei Shirokov
2007, 5th round, Ilya Kablukov
2014, 3rd round, Nikita Tryamkin
2015, 4th round, Dmitry Zhukenov

Other than the 2008 - 2013 Gillis gap, the Canucks have drafted many Russians...

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Southern_Canuck wrote: Other than the 2008 - 2013 Gillis gap, the Canucks have drafted many Russians...

S_C
Speaking of the Russian imports, a very good hockey movie about Russian/Soviet hockey. Former Canucks Almo, Iggy, and Krutov are featured quite a bit in it.

The Big Irish Man (Quinn) got some pretty good Russians in Pavel, Almo and Iggy. It's too bad he didn't keep them around long enuff and then maybe develop his own 5 man unit, just had to find a couple D-men. :P

It's a shame we saw the worst in Krutov, poor guy couldn't adjust to Western lifestyle. RIP.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

So Todd have you worked out a sweet nickname for the new Russian kid yet?

Going the anagram route you could call him Army Knit or Mr. Yak Tin, maybe Mr. Yank It :eh:

But I have a feeling you've got something better ready to go anyways.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Tree, Western Red Cedar, or Doc's fav, Tryannasaurus (sp)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Not a bad deal for Tryamkin, considering his season in the K was over.

$92,500 USD signing bonus plus NHL salary (roughly $170,000 for the rest of the year) for a month of work. He'll be an RFA after next season.
Not bad $$ by the Canucks to get a glimpse of him. He's gotta be better than Weber just due to his size. :)

Edler/Tanev
Sbisa/Hutton
Tryamkin/Pedan
Biega

It'll be inneresting next season. :):)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!