Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Speaking of Detroits continued insaneness at constantly finding gems in the draft wasn't it Mëds who said Tatar would never see daylight in the NHL in response to me marvelling at Detroits amazing drafting and developing? LOL
My ideal still stands, Edler for one of Tatar or Nyquist plus another player, would be nice for Abdelkader (C/LW) checker.

The more the season goes on the more Nyquist/Tatar's value goes up, which has already happened this season.

I wonder who tf Gillis was wanting in the offseason? he wanted 4 pieces in return from Det. but Holland backed out.

Gillis has to stop being so fucking demanding in these trades.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon
Nope, Jensen will be getting better and better dude.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to call up a player or two who are marked as future potential starters and let them finish the season with the big club. The experience could be very valuable.
Hadn't thought it like that... but that pretty much means that the tank is on (which is what I'm a little bit in denial of).

As well, would GMMG have the kahunas to do this considering how fragile the Vancouver market currently is?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Outside of Frankie, any other youngsters in Utica worth the Hollywood treatment.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Don't think so Topper but Hutton is lighting up the college ranks right now so maybe we should just go all in for 5th round picks... :thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Lets be clear - Jensen will be joining Rodin somewhere in Europe to play out the rest of his storied career one day soon
Nope, Jensen will be getting better and better dude.
Get off the canned heat SKYO, you're losing it. Jensen is the next Rob Woodward. Anyone remember that 2nd round pick.

You need to sauce it like me tonight - Old fashions Jim Bacchus style - buffalo trace bourbon whiskey (I like Woodford but its pricey) Brown sugar cube, 4 drops of bitters on the cube, splash of water, mash the cube to a paste, a few cubes of ice, orange zest and a shot of buffalo, stir it up. Top up the rock glass with more ice, toss in another shot of buffalo trace, stir it up and swill it to the high heavens my good man, old fashions all the way. You'll feel like a million bucks tonight but shite tomorrow. Where's that republican, religious grease ball from Clark park - Doc and his Dayton's and red mackinaw jacket?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

mathonwy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to call up a player or two who are marked as future potential starters and let them finish the season with the big club. The experience could be very valuable.
Hadn't thought it like that... but that pretty much means that the tank is on (which is what I'm a little bit in denial of).

As well, would GMMG have the kahunas to do this considering how fragile the Vancouver market currently is?

I don't see it as tanking. We can't score. Whats the harm in seeing in someone else can. Lain may have potential as a 4th liner, maybe one day a 3rd liner but he ain't the answer to our scoring woes. But ya, we don't have anyone in Utica to get excited about, at least not this year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

JS got one point (assist) last night in the Comets OT victory against the Heat. Doubt we see him in the line up tonight as he just played back to backs.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

HW if it were up to me, JS would be playing tonight.

He could not be worse than Dalpe.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

herb wrote:He could not be worse than Dalpe.
+1

Too bad the scheduling is what it is. That said, how many games has he had off before now?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... e16449457/

Clarification on the terms of Torts suspension. Love to get feedback from Cowpuke since it really isn't a 15 day ban at all :mrgreen:
There is no enforcement. It is on the honour system.
Hey, sounds like the 2011 SCF. :)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Gillis wants this team to practice more.
One of John Tortorella’s main philosophies this year has been for his Canucks to lead the league in days off.

It makes sense – because of its location, Vancouver has one of the most grueling travel schedules. Torts also loves giving his stars huge minutes, and he doesn’t want them to burn out come playoff time.

One week ago, Ryan Kesler made a noteworthy comment when talking about the Canucks’ struggles:

“We need to practise. Practice makes perfect and that gains confidence for the game.”

I wrote about how Kesler was calling Torts out, but who knows, maybe it was just an off-the-cuff response to a question.

But yesterday in an interview on the Team 1040, Canucks GM Mike Gillis took it a step further. Asked if fatigue has been an issue for the team so far, he went all-in on the practice sked:

“…I think lack of practice time is a bigger factor. With the new CBA you have to have a mandatory four days off each month, and with our schedule and our travel schedule, fitting four off days in when you have travel days is taking away from practice time.

I think our biggest issue with the power play and with some other aspects of our game is that we’ve had the least amount of practice time we’ve ever had.”

Gillis didn’t hold back, and his response was definitely not a glowing tribute to his coach’s practice philosophy.
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/01/canu ... -an-issue/
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If the players want more practice they'll get it. But MG has a valid point. Trying to get practice time in can be hard especially with a somewhat compressed Olympic schedule makes it hard. As well, being in the new Pacific division has changed our travel schedule somewhat. But again, the most telling part is Kesler wanting more practice. You go with that if you are a coach.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Chris Tanev has a fractured thumb and will be out of the lineup until after the Olympic break.