Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by kelowna kanuck »

Mondi wrote:The good times are really rolling in Canuckville.

2010-2011 (December 9, 2010)

GP 26 W 15 L 8 OTL 3 PTS 33

2014-2015 (December 5, 2014)

GP 26 W 18 L 7 OTL 1 PTS 37

It's almost inexplicable (and awesome).
Nice stat pull mondi. This is a fun, hard working , and entertaining team to watch.
more cap space!
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Reefer2 wrote:
donlever wrote:Of course I'd prefer they win them all....

BUTT...

....Mondi is correct.

The next one will do.
Is it a must win game?
No, not really - but we all enjoy burning leaves at year's end. :mrgreen:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

A little right up about Miller.

http://www.tsn.ca/paterson-the-curious- ... d-1.153972

This states the obvious, Miller has a problem with being consistent, not saying his D isn't part of the problem.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yet another Canucks draft pick with potential!

Mackenze Stewart
The Vancouver Canucks drafted Mackenze Stewart as a stay-at-home defenceman, but the blue-line corps is only his part-time residence these days.

The Prince Albert Raiders have been using the 6-foot-4, 216-pound left-handed-shooting Calgary native as a winger at times this season.

Stewart, the Canucks’ seventh-round choice last June, says that both Vancouver director of player development Stan Smyl and chief amateur scout Ron Delorme have told him that they’re pleased with his play upfront.

“I think they’re impressed with the space I can create in the offensive zone for my linemates and myself,” said Stewart, 19, before the Raiders’ WHL game against the Vancouver Giants on Wednesday night at the Pacific Coliseum.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

I was at the game - and Stewart has a long way to go to even look at taking a shot at the NHL. Notably his skating is not just sub-par, but when he skates backwards, his ankles turn in slightly so he can't crossover effectively. Though he is tall, he hasn't filled out yet either.

On the plus side, he play a physical game which is good. But I don't seem him being anything more than a depth AHL player.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Is Corrado still called up? I saw that Biega got called up ... did Corrado get sent down?

I think that Weber needs to take a seat. Also, the Sbisa/Bieksa pairing needs to be split. The only good thing the Canucks have going on D is Edler/Tanev.

Bieksa can be good ... but he needs Hamhuis to keep him stable. Willie Mitchell used to cover up alot of Bieksa's mistakes and so does Hamhuis normally. I thought about what it would do for Bieksa if Stanton was paired with him ... I believe it would help. Too bad we would be stuck with a Sbisa/Weber pairing. That experiment didn't work out so well last time if I remember correctly.

Depth at D was our biggest issue in 08-11 ... then we got it corrected but we have come full circle again. I never thought I would say this but we could really use an Andrew Alberts or Aaron Rome right now. :(
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

JelloPuddingPop wrote:I was at the game - and Stewart has a long way to go to even look at taking a shot at the NHL. Notably his skating is not just sub-par, but when he skates backwards, his ankles turn in slightly so he can't crossover effectively. Though he is tall, he hasn't filled out yet either.

On the plus side, he play a physical game which is good. But I don't seem him being anything more than a depth AHL player.
So Stewart needs to hit the treadmill.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

TheScore confirming that Horvat stays in Vancouver.

No WJC.

No news here.

Carry on.
DeLevering since 1999.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

donlever wrote:TheScore confirming that Horvat stays in Vancouver.

No WJC.

No news here.

Carry on.
The kid is getting close to 10 minutes a night most games learning the pro game from guys who have had successful pro careers. Horvat's already done a WJC, so what can he gain except for a couple of bad junior hockey habits?

Right call IMHO.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Jake Virtanen has been lighting up in Team Canada's exhibition games, with his size, speed and shot, I think the kid could stick with the big club next year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Just came back from a my incarceration and am wondering what's the deal with the team of late?

Haven't seen any of the recent losses but saw a few games before this and have been impressed with the team speed and defensive zone break outs.

So what has happened? I understand it was the end of a season long road trip and the first game back usually is a write off but is there more to the losses than should be expected?
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hansen gets a $5K fine for that hit on Wingels.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:Hansen gets a $5K fine for that hit on Wingels.
He did hit only head....nothing else
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rats19 wrote:
SKYO wrote:Hansen gets a $5K fine for that hit on Wingels.
He did hit only head....nothing else
Jannik Hansen makes $1,500,000 USD this season ($500,000 signing bonus). He makes $8,300 USD per day. That's not going to break the bank.

Does he get a charitable donation tax receipt for that?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sestito on waivers! :shock:

Wonder if another teams claims him? I think so, a scrappy 4th liner who hits like a freight train.