Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Jovocop »

Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap
Jordan Schroeder's new deal with Nux : One year, one way, $600,000. Confirmed. #canucks
Do it or die for Schroeder this season...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Mighty mouse re-signed today, don't know the details though.

*Schroeder's new deal is a one year, one way, $600,000.

helluva a good deal.
No cap hit if he's in Utica. Same goes for Dale.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mondi wrote:Some guy named Colin Stuart and a former 1R draft choice, Zach Hamill, are now Vancouver Canucks property.

Whoop Whoop.
AHL fodder.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Mondi wrote:Some guy named Colin Stuart and a former 1R draft choice, Zach Hamill, are now Vancouver Canucks property.

Whoop Whoop.
Hamill, interesting, I recall Bruins being all up on his potential and then he fell off the map...sounds like a reclamation/Utica project.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

New tower to be connected to Rogers arena, c/w sports bar, memorabilia centre, & (finally) more washrooms for the arena patrons. More towers to come later.

As expected, Aquaman is milking the marketing value of Canucks Sports & Entertainment....which increases the importance of Canuck success to him. Justifying the application of more resources to win. Which is good for Canuck fans. :drink:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

sagebrush wrote:New tower to be connected to Rogers arena
Is there room up there for RD and Rumsfeld? What are the sight lines? Are the armrests comfortable, and are bipods provided??
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed left wing Colin Stuart and centre Zach Hamill.

Stuart, 31, played for the Iserlohn Roosters in 2012.13, collecting 21 points (9-12-21) and 35 penalty minutes in 45 games played. Over the span of his NHL career, the Rochester, Minnesota native has recorded 13 points (8-5-13) and 26 penalty minutes in 56 games with the Atlanta Thrashers and Buffalo Sabres. The 6’2”, 205-pound forward was originally selected by Atlanta 135th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Hamill, 24, spent the 2012.13 season split between the Hershey Bears (11-11-22 and 34 PIM in 40 GP), San Antonio Rampage (5-13-18 and 20 PIM in 26 GP) and the Milwaukee Admirals (3-1-4 in six GP). The 5’11”, 180-pound forward has appeared in 20 NHL games with the Boston Bruins, recording four assists. The Vancouver native was selected eighth overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins.

8th overall in 07......kinda went all meh.....thats one sooner than our new star Horvat....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

rats19 wrote:8th overall in 07......kinda went all meh.....thats one sooner than our new star Horvat....
2007 was a pretty good draft just looking at the top 10, wondering why Hamill never caught fire so far.
Just hoping Horvat isn't a bust too. You can never know, too many little things that kill...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
rats19 wrote:8th overall in 07......kinda went all meh.....thats one sooner than our new star Horvat....
2007 was a pretty good draft just looking at the top 10, wondering why Hamill never caught fire so far.
Just hoping Horvat isn't a bust too. You can never know, too many little things that kill...
I don't know, seems middling draft. Kane was the clear stud, but otherwise, there's some talent there (Couture at #9 was a great grab for SJS) but not a wow draft as I look over the names. I recall the hype around Esposito, wow, bustarooni, and and of course, Patrick White! I believe the leaves just gave a 5 years extension to the GM who drafted him....yikes!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Doors lyrics

Soon!
Soon!
Soon!
I am the Lizard King
I can do anything.back to top
Summer's Almost Gone
Summer's almost gone,
Summer's almost gone,
Almost gone, yeh, it's almost gone
Where will we be when the summer's gone?

Morning found us calmly unaware,
Noon burned gold into our hair,
At night we swam the laughing sea
When summer's gone, where will we be?

Summer's almost gone,
Summer's almost gone
We had some good times but they're gone
The seasons coming on, summer's almost gone

8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Its looking like Edler will be suspended for the first 2 games of the Olympics.

In Sweden's group for the prelims: Czech Republic, Latvia and Switzerland.

The offending hit:

Personally I hope he gets left off the team. I could care less about this Olympics tournament, it will be zero benefit to our players (with the worst schedule and 17 back-to-back games this year) and Russia can have their shot at glory.

I've had enough Olympic glory, I'd gladly sacrifice some of that for some Playoff glory :D
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Plus, back-to-back golds has a nice ring to it... especially one on home ice and one in the evil empire. :mex:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Rumsfeld wrote:Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Plus, back-to-back golds has a nice ring to it... especially one on home ice and one in the evil empire. :mex:
And one Roberto Luongo leading them to the promised land once again :lol:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

$lacker wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Fuck that, this might well be that last time we see the pros in the Olympics. That will give bragging rights to the winner for God knows how long.

Hey, that would be great! :thumbs:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

$lacker wrote:

In the Gold medal final, with Cory Schneider in net at the other end... :shock:

The Russians loose Bronze and come in fourth.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.