Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
When they were making $2M I was calling them overpaid? LOL don't make yourself look bad brah.

Hey, if you like paying $14M for 2 50 point players then maybe they aren't overpaid to you, but hey, I suppose you love this team playing in the gutter right? Enjoy more years like last year because we had to keep your Sedin sisters.
Are you even a Canuck fan or just a troll?
He's what Royaldude would have become if the Great Strangelove hadn't saved him from the Dark Side. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gi
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Sedin contracts rated as one of the worst for all cdn teams. :(

http://sports.ca.msn.com/photos/nhl-con ... ms#image=8
Gillis sure was a beaut

I don't know who left a bigger shit pile for the next guy to clean up - Mike Gillis or George W. Bush?
The twins are over a ppg the last nine seasons. One bad half season and people act like the pauser. No respect for two of the best players this city will ever see. People calling them sisters and bashing them since they came into the league. One wonders if they don't regret signing those 4 year deals playing in a dump like Vancouver for fans who don't appreciate them.
100% right
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
In my professional opinion you are likely in denial about the fact you are sexually attracted to them. Image

Overcompensation....
Somewhere, the pauster is feeling for the hole in the back of his head where docs dong came out the other side....man that's a wicked roast
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The twins are over a ppg the last nine seasons. One bad half season and people act like the pauser. No respect for two of the best players this city will ever see. People calling them sisters and bashing them since they came into the league. One wonders if they don't regret signing those 4 year deals playing in a dump like Vancouver for fans who don't appreciate them.
Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.

The article is not incorrect. The Sedins do have two of the worst contracts amongst Canadian teams. Further to that, the Sedins have two of the worst contracts in the league. By years 3 and 4 these will be franchise anchoring contracts (if they aren't so already). I only take solace in the rumours that if they don't rebound this year they're likely to retire.
LMAO stfu pauser, and you seriously do stfu when the sedin's are healthy - in which they are doing what they always have done successfully for years in just creating scoring chances and putting up points.

I'm not one for excuses but Torts was a cancer for this team overall, putting the twins in shitty situations, at least willie knows to just basically put them where they excel - in scoring situations....and not blocking plus penalty kills.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

The_Pauser was an all knowing, know nothing on Central and history is repeating itself.

I for one am excited to see the rebound of Ryan Miller. <- hockey related.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

SKYO wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.

The article is not incorrect. The Sedins do have two of the worst contracts amongst Canadian teams. Further to that, the Sedins have two of the worst contracts in the league. By years 3 and 4 these will be franchise anchoring contracts (if they aren't so already). I only take solace in the rumours that if they don't rebound this year they're likely to retire.
LMAO stfu pauser, and you seriously do stfu when the sedin's are healthy - in which they are doing what they always have done successfully for years in just creating scoring chances and putting up points.

I'm not one for excuses but Torts was a cancer for this team overall, putting the twins in shitty situations, at least willie knows to just basically put them where they excel - in scoring situations....and not blocking plus penalty kills.
You'll see. But hey, I'm convinced the Sedins could turn into 30 point players and literally take a steamy dump on the ice and people in Vancouver would still fawn over them. I, on the other hand, prefer to see a winning team. Which is why I'm not holding my breath until they're out of Vancouver. Dark days ahead.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lmao @ pauser. I guess its a bit different for you here seeing as you can't run and hide behind the mods.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:lmao @ pauser. I guess its a bit different for you here seeing as you can't run and hide behind the mods.
I"m not running behind anyone. All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league, and definitely amongst the worst amongst Canadian teams. You people can live in denial all you want. These guys are 50 point players now, and while you can sit there and hope for a "bounce back" season, it isn't going to happen. Any expectation should be tempered. For these guys, a bounce back season sees them at around 60 points. Expecting them to be PPG players again just isn't realistic, yet that's what we're paying for.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The_Pauser wrote:All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league
And that is ALL that you're saying - you're a boring one trick pony.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I don't remember him talking trash when they were bringing home the silverware...quietly seething in moms basement waiting for them to start tailing off then HA! Told u they sucked!
If you need air...call it in
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:lmao @ pauser. I guess its a bit different for you here seeing as you can't run and hide behind the mods.
I"m not running behind anyone. All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league, and definitely amongst the worst amongst Canadian teams.
Saying it doesn't make it true.
You people can live in denial all you want. These guys are 50 point players now, and while you can sit there and hope for a "bounce back" season, it isn't going to happen. Any expectation should be tempered. For these guys, a bounce back season sees them at around 60 points. Expecting them to be PPG players again just isn't realistic, yet that's what we're paying for.
So when they come back with a 60+ point season (which I don't doubt they will), you going to come back and eat some crow? Or move the goal posts again? They were near PPG players after the lockout. I know that past history does not guarantee future success.

However, last season was an aberration due to a combination of injuries and horrible coaching decisions. Are they going to be 100+ point players again? Probably not. But going back to the style of play that suits them as opposed to what Torts had the twins doing will certainly help. Having a regular line mate will also help.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The_Pauser wrote:
I"m not running behind anyone. All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league, and definitely amongst the worst amongst Canadian teams. You people can live in denial all you want. These guys are 50 point players now, and while you can sit there and hope for a "bounce back" season, it isn't going to happen. Any expectation should be tempered. For these guys, a bounce back season sees them at around 60 points. Expecting them to be PPG players again just isn't realistic, yet that's what we're paying for.
So, in your not-too-humble opinion, what contracts are as bad, or worse than the Twins? I'd like to see who you are comparing them too.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

The_Pauser wrote:
SKYO wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

You'll see. But hey, I'm convinced the Sedins could turn into 30 point players and literally take a steamy dump on the ice and people in Vancouver would still fawn over them. I, on the other hand, prefer to see a winning team. Which is why I'm not holding my breath until they're out of Vancouver. Dark days ahead.
No, the truth be told you don't like winning. You see, in the 13 seasons the Sedins have been with the Canucks, they have made the playoffs 10 times and won seven division titles as well as 2 President's trophies which is the best era at any time in the Canucks history. The three seasons they didn't make the playoffs was due to several injuries to key players down the stretch which included the Sedins themselves going through a spate of injuries. In a hard cap league, if your key players get hurt, you lose and that's a fact. Remember this?

https://twitter.com/NHLJensen/status/507232498120941569

Think the injuries they suffered last season might have something to do with their lack of production when prior to they were at or near the top as point producing pairs?

Your equating getting rid of the Sedins as becoming a winner is pathetic logic at best when stats show the Canucks have won more often with healthy Sedins in the line up. Which shows you're competing with paper tiger and tuna melt as the worst poster here on CC.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

The_Pauser wrote:
Bullshit. The Sedins took less money back in 2008 when the salary cap was less than it is now. Gillis and even more so, Aquillini approved the current contracts with the cap being higher, which is an honourable thing to do. Do you thing any free agents or current veterans on the team would come here and stay here if ownership and management attempted to screw the long serving and loyal Sedins now? Players agents of current Canucks players would be doing the Overhardt thing and screaming at Benning to trade their clients now. Others would refuse trades to Vancouver. You haven't a fucking clue, have you?
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Well said Mr Perfect! Well said.