Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gi
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Sedin contracts rated as one of the worst for all cdn teams. :(

http://sports.ca.msn.com/photos/nhl-con ... ms#image=8
Gillis sure was a beaut

I don't know who left a bigger shit pile for the next guy to clean up - Mike Gillis or George W. Bush?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Gi
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Sedin contracts rated as one of the worst for all cdn teams. :(

http://sports.ca.msn.com/photos/nhl-con ... ms#image=8
Gillis sure was a beaut

I don't know who left a bigger shit pile for the next guy to clean up - Mike Gillis or George W. Bush?
The twins are over a ppg the last nine seasons. One bad half season and people act like the pauser. No respect for two of the best players this city will ever see. People calling them sisters and bashing them since they came into the league. One wonders if they don't regret signing those 4 year deals playing in a dump like Vancouver for fans who don't appreciate them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The twins are over a ppg the last nine seasons. One bad half season and people act like the pauser. No respect for two of the best players this city will ever see. People calling them sisters and bashing them since they came into the league. One wonders if they don't regret signing those 4 year deals playing in a dump like Vancouver for fans who don't appreciate them.
Yep. I guess we'll see how they respond this season. I'd like to think that $7M is a fair contract for guys that SHOULD be 70+point players. Considering the new contracts we're likely to see going forward, $10+M per for star players, the Sedins contract will not seem out of whack at all by the end.

One bad season and people write them off. Lets see if they can return to the "norm" before we fire up the torches and sharpen the pitchforks.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Last season is not a good yard stick for any of these players. Sedins, Burrows, Edler etc will all have bounce back seasons. Not 2011 standards but improved.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Beer Mac, I'm a big fan of the twins, no problem with their contracts. It's all about my respect for the players agent, any chance I get
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The twins are over a ppg the last nine seasons. One bad half season and people act like the pauser. No respect for two of the best players this city will ever see. People calling them sisters and bashing them since they came into the league. One wonders if they don't regret signing those 4 year deals playing in a dump like Vancouver for fans who don't appreciate them.
Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.

The article is not incorrect. The Sedins do have two of the worst contracts amongst Canadian teams. Further to that, the Sedins have two of the worst contracts in the league. By years 3 and 4 these will be franchise anchoring contracts (if they aren't so already). I only take solace in the rumours that if they don't rebound this year they're likely to retire.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.

The article is not incorrect. The Sedins do have two of the worst contracts amongst Canadian teams. Further to that, the Sedins have two of the worst contracts in the league. By years 3 and 4 these will be franchise anchoring contracts (if they aren't so already). I only take solace in the rumours that if they don't rebound this year they're likely to retire.
But then are we not stuck with the cap hit, or is it only cap recapture of which there would be none?
The only HW the Canucks need
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Hockey Widow wrote:
But then are we not stuck with the cap hit, or is it only cap recapture of which there would be none?
It's not a 35+ contract so we wouldn't be stuck with the cap hit, and because it's not one of those 10+ year contracts there is no cap recapture. If they retire we simply have $14M of cap space added back to the books.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The_Pauser wrote: Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.
Well it's relevant now because YOU commented on it.

For 9 years you have been going on about how the Sedins are vastly overpaid.

So yeah bro, you've been wrong for 9 years and will likely continue to be wrong moving forward. :drink:

Face it Pauser, you're a biased Sedin-hating sumbitch from way back....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

The_Pauser wrote: The Sedins do have two of the worst contracts amongst Canadian teams. Further to that, the Sedins have two of the worst contracts in the league. By years 3 and 4 these will be franchise anchoring contracts (if they aren't so already). I only take solace in the rumours that if they don't rebound this year they're likely to retire.

Spezza, Semin, Stastny.... Sedins. All have the same cap hit. Worst contracts in the league? Are you on drugs?
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Strangelove wrote:
The_Pauser wrote: Who really cares what the Sedins did 9 years ago. That's not what we're looking at. We're paying the Sedins $7M per year for the next FOUR years. What happened 9 years ago is irrelevant.

So yeah bro, you've been wrong for 9 years and will likely continue to be wrong moving forward. :drink:

When they were making $2M I was calling them overpaid? LOL don't make yourself look bad brah.

Hey, if you like paying $14M for 2 50 point players then maybe they aren't overpaid to you, but hey, I suppose you love this team playing in the gutter right? Enjoy more years like last year because we had to keep your Sedin sisters.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

The_Pauser wrote: Hey, if you like paying $14M for 2 50 point players then maybe they aren't overpaid to you, but hey, I suppose you love this team playing in the gutter right? Enjoy more years like last year because we had to keep your Sedin sisters.
Actually, we paid $12.2M for 2 50 point players.

Most people think the Sedins should rebound somewhat next season, so we're hoping for better production for $14M. Thanks for coming out.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The_Pauser wrote:
When they were making $2M I was calling them overpaid? LOL don't make yourself look bad brah.

Hey, if you like paying $14M for 2 50 point players then maybe they aren't overpaid to you, but hey, I suppose you love this team playing in the gutter right? Enjoy more years like last year because we had to keep your Sedin sisters.
Are you even a Canuck fan or just a troll?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Manopauser is trash... :drink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The_Pauser wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

.... Sedin sisters.
Yeah you called them busts right up until they broke out, then you called them overpaid.

I think your "reasoning" was that you considered them to be girlymen. :roll:

In fact, I believe you were the one that coined the phrase "Sedin sisters".

In my professional opinion you are likely in denial about the fact you are sexually attracted to them. Image

Overcompensation....
____
Try to focus on someday.