Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be a real kick in the teeth if Gillis true 2013 1st round pick - Shinkaruk (Horvat was acquired via Nonis prized 1st round pick - Schneider) ...
:lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Now Horvat doesn’t count as a Gillis draft pick because the Horvat pick was acquired by trading Schneider who was drafted by Nonuts?

Oh boy…
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Torts on Stanton. He will be out for weeks. A long tine. It will be weeks. No further comment. On LTIR.When I saw the replay it seemed apparent that his ankle snapped back and almost folded under him. Haven't heard officially but I do suspect it is broken. Hopefully we can see him back after the Olympic break.

Edler isn't close to returning yet either. Don't know much more than that.

Torts will go with both Alberts and Weber. Not planning a call up at this time.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hopefully Stanton broke something, and it's not a soft tissue injury. My first reaction was high ankle sprain, which would be bad. Too bad as he was playing well.

Edler won't play until January.

Alberts against Chicago tomorrow? *shudder*
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

herb wrote:Now Horvat doesn’t count as a Gillis draft pick because the Horvat pick was acquired by trading Schneider who was drafted by Nonuts?

Oh boy…
They're all Gary's draft picks, we're just borrowing them..
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Now Horvat doesn’t count as a Gillis draft pick because the Horvat pick was acquired by trading Schneider who was drafted by Nonuts?

Oh boy…
Keep in mind that if MG was a good GM he would have insured that we finished in the top ten for drafting in order to have earned that pick out right for himself. By allowing the team to play so well in the regular season he screwed this franchise and had no choice but to trade a young future number one goalie in order to get a draft pick the NJD earned with their poor play. If he had made the team tank he would not only have secured a top ten draft pick but he could have kept CS and moved Luongo. Or kept both because that was working well, or trade CS somewhere else for a different unearned top ten pick. Just keep it all in perspective and it will make sense.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Don’t forget that MG’s signings of BC born UFAs don’t count (Hamhuis, Garrison, Santorelli), not to mention waiver wire pick-ups (Stanton, Weise) and undrafted UFAs (Tanev, Lack, Archibald) don’t count either.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

herb wrote:Don’t forget that MG’s signings of BC born UFAs don’t count (Hamhuis, Garrison, Santorelli), not to mention waiver wire pick-ups (Stanton, Weise) and undrafted UFAs (Tanev, Lack, Archibald) don’t count either.
We need to stop feeding the troll... it know its tempting, but RD hasn't had a meaningful post in a LONG time. Resist the urge, and it might just go back under the bridge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see the Gillis Fellacio crew didn't take to kindly to my posting of how you can always find good prospects with 4th round draft picks. Go Utica! Go Pahlsson! Go Schneider!

It is truly interesting how THE 2 - 4th round picks parlayed 2 very good prospects. Totally fuckin amazing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Don’t forget that MG’s signings of BC born UFAs don’t count (Hamhuis, Garrison, Santorelli), not to mention waiver wire pick-ups (Stanton, Weise) and undrafted UFAs (Tanev, Lack, Archibald) don’t count either.
Add to that that a re-signing of a player who was here before him also doesn't count.

When you add it all up, MG has done sweet bugger all. Which is the point, right RD!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

dbr wrote:

Oh boy…
They're all Gary's draft picks, we're just borrowing them..
Well actually they are probably BB players or maybe Pat Quinn, he was here for a long time and I think you can get 6 degrees of separation there somewhere.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My top 5 favourite mike gillis trades

1. Pahlsson
2. Derek Roy
3. Steve Bernier
4. Keith Ballard
5. David Booth
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

JelloPuddingPop wrote:
We need to stop feeding the troll... it know its tempting, but RD hasn't had a meaningful post in a LONG time. Resist the urge, and it might just go back under the bridge.
Hahah...

RD is pretty damn good at what he does. A hockey board is pretty boring without the trolls. One inflammatory RD post spawns a whole host of others while intelligent posts probably only spawn half as many.

Good work RD!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:My top 5 favourite mike gillis trades

1. Pahlsson
2. Derek Roy
3. Steve Bernier
4. Keith Ballard
5. David Booth

Wow RD, if those are your favourite top five MG trades I would hate to have you as a GM. Most people would not put those in MG's top five. Just wow that you think that way, so unlike you really.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

mathonwy wrote: Good work RD!!