Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by SKYO »

Per wrote: If the Canucks had picked Kopitar, as we could have, would we have won the cup by now?
probably, but what if Nathan LaFayette didn't hit the post? or we didn't sustain all those injuries in 2011? :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: A hypothetical line-up featuring Henrik (of 2009-2011), Kopitar, and Kesler would rival anything that any team has thrown out there in the last 15 years.
Yeahno, Kopitar would've gotten injured, the jinx was on.

And how do you fit Kopitar's $6.8M salary under the cap? :hmmm:

STOP DREAMING AND WAKE UP TO MORE PLAUSIBLE SCENARIOS LIKE:

Canucks will get on a roll and win the Cup this year.

Thank you very much...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: If guys like Richardson and Matthias will accept 1 or 2 year deals then there's no reason not to sign them; I figure they will be looking for 3 to 4 year deals and that's a no go for me.
I'd let Richardson walk and try to sign Matthias + Dorsett to 3-year deals @ < $2M-per.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Per wrote:If the Canucks had picked Kopitar, as we could have, would we have won the cup by now?
You can probably make the same argument about the Backes offer sheet, and that's a more recent event. Had St. Louis not matched it...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

BurningBeard wrote:
Per wrote:If the Canucks had picked Kopitar, as we could have, would we have won the cup by now?
You can probably make the same argument about the Backes offer sheet, and that's a more recent event. Had St. Louis not matched it...
That offer sheet was kinda like Kesler's. I don't think there was ever a chance the Canucks would let Kesler walk nor would I expect the Blues to let Backes walk for that price.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:
probably, but what if Nathan LaFayette didn't hit the post? :D
Or that motherfucker Gregson didn't cash in his bribe and call that phantom penalty with us pouring it on....
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

are we stil being babies about "we should have drafted Kopitar"? Holy fuck, kill me now. Shit we should have drafted Benn, Lucic. Gallagher, Bergeron, Subban, O'Reilly, Gaudreau, Rinne, Pavelski and Karlsson too
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:are we stil being babies about "we should have drafted Kopitar"? Holy fuck, kill me now. Shit we should have drafted Benn, Lucic. Gallagher, Bergeron, Subban, O'Reilly, Gaudreau, Rinne, Pavelski and Karlsson too
Was that the death of BikerDude?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ha Topper, good one

Still can't believe you don't dig Sturgill

Had blue Mtn Pinot noir reserve last night. Hogwash to your theories on the Okanagan not being the right climate for Pinot noir. That was nasty good Pinot noir my friend. Slaying beers and G&Ts tonight my friend

Where's Potatoe? The Eldorado?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Thatcher Demko and Boston College are on TSN right now playing Northeastern.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tanev suffering from concussion like symptoms, listed as day to day. Will not play tonight against Sharks. Corrado also out with and injury. Defence now looks like this:
Edler
Hamhuis
Clendening
Weber
Stanton
Sbisa

Hank on Kassian:

I compare him to Todd Bertuzzi when he was here, the size and the skill. But this is the NHL — it’s not an easy league. You have to be able to play against the best. You have to be able to play in your own end. You can’t turn the puck over in certain areas. It’s not junior. If you make a big mistake, it usually costs you a game.

I feel bad for him because there’s a lot of pressure on him to score and be a certain type of player. But he needs to feel like he can just be good, doesn’t need to be great. Just be good and make plays. But he’s going to have to start over and show everyone that he can play.

He can dangle and make plays. That’s when he’s at his best. But he needs to finish hits when they are there. He needs to make good plays. There’s a lot of different things that go into being a professional every day and being part of this. You have to show up and do the same things over and over. It can’t just be a game here, a game there.

We had the same problem when we were that age. It’s not easy.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Zach, your captain is calling you out.
Hockey Widow wrote:Hank on Kassian:

...this is the NHL .... You have to be able to play against the best. You have to be able to play in your own end. You can’t turn the puck over in certain areas. It’s not junior. If you make a big mistake, it usually costs you a game.

...he needs to finish hits when they are there. He needs to make good plays. There’s a lot of different things that go into being a professional .... You have to show up.... It can’t just be a game here, a game there.
HW, I too read McIntyre's article. my take aways are bolded.

You missed the part where he talked about He and Daniels 4th year NHL benching that never happened.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Tanev suffering from concussion like symptoms, listed as day to day. Will not play tonight against Sharks. Corrado also out with and injury. Defence now looks like this:
Edler
Hamhuis
Clendening
Weber
Stanton
Sbisa
lol. Yikes.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:You missed the part where he talked about He and Daniels 4th year NHL benching that never happened.
According to Wikipedia, at least, Imac's colleague Brad Ziemer wrote about Henrik's scratch when it happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Sedin#cite_note-30
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:You missed the part where he talked about He and Daniels 4th year NHL benching that never happened.
According to Wikipedia, at least, Imac's colleague Brad Ziemer wrote about Henrik's scratch when it happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Sedin#cite_note-30
Just checked the game statsand yes, Henrik was a healthy scratch Dec 17th, 2003 in a loss to Dallas.

Mcintyre's article said it didn't happen.