Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:It seems like the Canucks are counting on a helluva lot of unlikely things to go right for them this year. Never a winning proposition.

Kassian and Booth need to rip it up on the second line, Luongo has to return to form, Kesler has to regain '11 beast mode and stay healthy, the twins need to delay their obvious decline and find some edge to their game, Torts has to avoid running our vets out of town, Schroeder has to effectively center a checking line, Edler and Bieksa have to stop turning pucks over...

I dunno mang.

We're still a playoff team but not much more IMO. Hopefully Anaheim and SJ take a step back and we can plug ourselves into second place in the new division.
yah but we have an asshole for a coach and not a glee frenchie... :thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently Dalpe is being waived and if he clears sent to Utica. I didn't realize Jensen is still on the roster due to his injury so the Canucks need to clear a spot for Edler to return. Burrows still counts on roster too as he is not on LTIR, or something like that anyway.

So, if Dalpe gets waived good on MG for realizing he is the player that should be waived and doing it. If he gets claimed then bad on MG for wasting a draft pick and trying for another reclamation project and not letting one of our own young players have a chance to play in the first 8 games.
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Burrows and Jensen are both on IR and will not take up roster spots until they are removed (Jensen will be immediately assigned to Utica, I don't know if he has to take up a roster spot for a brief period before that but I don't see why that would be the case).

Unless I am missing something the Canucks won't have to waive a player until Burrows is healthy - assuming nobody else gets hurt.

Speculation over on another board since Brad Ziemer (I think?) reported Dalpe was saying his goodbyes to his teammates, and that there is no indication he was waived today (deadline has passed) is that he'll be loaned to Utica on a conditioning stint. The league has the right to stop it if they feel it's being done to evade waivers though.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Dalpe is being waived and if he clears sent to Utica. I didn't realize Jensen is still on the roster due to his injury so the Canucks need to clear a spot for Edler to return. Burrows still counts on roster too as he is not on LTIR, or something like that anyway.

So, if Dalpe gets waived good on MG for realizing he is the player that should be waived and doing it. If he gets claimed then bad on MG for wasting a draft pick and trying for another reclamation project and not letting one of our own young players have a chance to play in the first 8 games.
Dalpe never got a chance from JT.

vs SJS 3:19m
vs EDM 6:21m
vs CGY 6:13m
vs NJD 2:30m
vs SJS 3:16m
vs MTL 5:31m

A total ice time of 30:20m, an average of slightly over 5 min per game. Also, he centered Weise, Weber and Sestito.
I am not sure how we can expect him to put up points.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Looks like your math is a little off JC.

They have him at 4:32 per game here:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hoc ... r.php?6662

Twould be interesting to see what Dalpe can do with more minutes.

He's supposedly a great goal-scorer at the AHL level.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:Looks like your math is a little off JC.

They have him at 4:32 per game here:

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hoc ... r.php?6662

Twould be interesting to see what Dalpe can do with more minutes.

He's supposedly a great goal-scorer at the AHL level.
:oops:

27:10 in total, 4:32 per game.

I believe that Dalpe is a victim of Santorelli's excellent play. Dalpe was brought in to challenge the 3rd line centre spot. I guess it is a good problem to have...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

dbr wrote:Burrows and Jensen are both on IR and will not take up roster spots until they are removed (Jensen will be immediately assigned to Utica, I don't know if he has to take up a roster spot for a brief period before that but I don't see why that would be the case).

Unless I am missing something the Canucks won't have to waive a player until Burrows is healthy - assuming nobody else gets hurt.

Speculation over on another board since Brad Ziemer (I think?) reported Dalpe was saying his goodbyes to his teammates, and that there is no indication he was waived today (deadline has passed) is that he'll be loaned to Utica on a conditioning stint. The league has the right to stop it if they feel it's being done to evade waivers though.

Maybe he was traded for Yakupov. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote: Maybe he was traded for Yakupov. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I wouldn't be surprised if he's better in net then Dubnyk.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Apparently Dalpe is being waived and if he clears sent to Utica. I didn't realize Jensen is still on the roster due to his injury so the Canucks need to clear a spot for Edler to return. Burrows still counts on roster too as he is not on LTIR, or something like that anyway.

Looks like Dalpe survived waivers lol, suppose this was a calculated 'risk' this season.
-via Jeff Paterson

Zac Dalpe now appears on AHL Utica roster. Canucks have not announced move, but Dalpe seen packing his bags in BUF http://www.uticacomets.com/roster/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

He was never waived (nobody, anywhere, reported it) so he must be on a conditioning loan.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Right, just assumed it was waivers to be sent down to Utica.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

So.....how about that Richardson?

Also Kassian really starting to play with some confidence. Needs a goalscorer on his line though.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Canuck's call up Yann Sauve... are they going to be like San Jose with Brett Burns and make him a forward??
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

TDA Rum wrote:Canuck's call up Yann Sauve... are they going to be like San Jose with Brett Burns and make him a forward??
Not too long ago he was in Kalamazoo of the ECHL. A bit of head scratcher, this is.

Looks like Sauve replaces Alberts & Booth replaces Hansen, when they play in the swamp.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strange move calling up a D'man when it's forwards we need. I don't get this move. Why not call up Lain?