Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I'm glad ol' JB reads my posts :thumbs:
:?

viewtopic.php?p=218395#p218395
Arachnid [color=#FF0000][b]YESTERDAY[/b][/color] wrote: Trading for any defensive help right now would be asinine.
:mex:
Gotta try harder than that Reggie
Arachnid [color=#FF0000][b]YESTERDAY[/b][/color] wrote: As stated above. An AHL player might be considered a reclamation project. Better that than a Finnish 40 yr old that gets hurt often and hasn't played much lately.
Lightweight

:drink:
So when you said "Trading for any defensive help right now would be asinine"... you didn't mean it? :mrgreen:

Hopefully they sign Salo as well and we can have some more quoting FUN!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bareback Mountain
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: LOL what a Brokeback moment.
Just trying to fit in with my homies Skyo + Todd...

WHAT? :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Island Nucklehead wrote:As far as promising D-men go, they're stacked. Wether or not they take that "next step" is to be determined, but no wonder the organization didn't feel the need to "save" a spot for Pedan.
Remember that the Isle traded for Leddy and Boychuck at the beginning of the year, giving up a couple of D prospects. Suddenly, they have 2 guys inserting into lineup and 2 fewer jobs to be won on defence. With the deeper talent left in the minors, they can trade an asset without a second thought and replace a draft pick they sent in the Boychuk deal.

I'm no fan of the Islanders and have criticized them often, as we all have, but that was a hell of a deal they pulled off this year and it has paid off royally for them.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Canucks trade Mallett and a 2015 3rd round pick to Islanders for 6'05" D man Andrey Pedan.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=130563
Oh I like this!

ANDREY THE GIANT!!!

Might not make it to the NHL... but if he DOES. :thumbs:

Meanest fighter we've had in the system for a long time.

Guys like Skyo, Todd, and I... we like big bad men on our back end baby!!!

WHAT... :blush:

Baddest asshole Lithuanian since Kasparaitus....

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2014/6/ ... an-machine
LOL what a Brokeback moment.
:lol: :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I'm glad ol' JB reads my posts :thumbs:
:?

viewtopic.php?p=218395#p218395
Arachnid [color=#FF0000][b]YESTERDAY[/b][/color] wrote: Trading for any defensive help right now would be asinine.
:mex:
Gotta try harder than that Reggie
Arachnid [color=#FF0000][b]YESTERDAY[/b][/color] wrote: As stated above. An AHL player might be considered a reclamation project. Better that than a Finnish 40 yr old that gets hurt often and hasn't played much lately.
Lightweight

:drink:
So when you said "Trading for any defensive help right now would be asinine"... you didn't mean it? :mrgreen:

Hopefully they sign Salo as well and we can have some more quoting FUN!! :thumbs:
We understand you never finished college and all like the rest of the Archie gang but a little reading comprehension would be nice instead of the same old schtick.

Here's a new one for you 01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001

:P

We got an AHL D without losing a roster player, Good job Jimbo, don't listen to these Salo suckers!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: We understand you never finished college and all like the rest of the Archie gang but a little reading comprehension would be nice instead of the same old schtick.

Here's a new one for you 01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001

:P

We got an AHL D without losing a roster player, Good job Jimbo, don't listen to these Salo suckers!
Sorry, I need to go to college and find out what "Trading for any defensive help right now would be asinine" means!

Nice logic by the way: We got an AHLer without trading an NHLer!! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I'm surprised no one is complaining about all the draft picks Benning has given up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:I'm surprised no one is complaining about all the draft picks Benning has given up.
They might be if your Vancouver Canucks weren't presently sitting in the #1-in-the-West spot.

I feel bad for all those "Canuck fans" who wanted a top 5 draft pick next summer. :(

Yeah, all those "Canuck fans" who wanted their Vancouver Canucks to suck this season...

Poor bastards!
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Arachnid wrote:Here's a new one for you 01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001
Well... that's not nice. :P
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BurningBeard wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Here's a new one for you 01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001
Well... that's not nice. :P
I know eh?! Poor sod didn't stand a chance :D

Send a senior back to High School! Donate now!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hockey Widow wrote:I'm surprised no one is complaining about all the draft picks Benning has given up.
I'm not really keen on it, honestly.. I suppose it's better losing draft picks for 21-22 year olds than it is for 25 or 30 year olds, but Benning is putting himself in a position (just like Gillis, and Nonis, and Burke) where he has to be better than average at the draft just to get the same haul other teams do.

That said at least it's mostly just 3rd rounders so far. If you can keep your two best quality picks in every draft then your chances of getting two contributing NHLers (ie. a respectable outcome) aren't hurt that badly by dealing a pick or two.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Just for fun, have a look at what the first round playoff matches would be with the present standings (I know, long way to go, I'm not counting any chickens, for sure).

We'd have some pretty lively matchups.
MTL-TOR
VAN-CGY
STL-CHI
PITT-BOS
NYI-NYR

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

If the trade deadline had come and gone then I might be a bit concerned.

Now that we're keeping Bo, we definitely have too many forwards. I imagine Benning deals at least 1 forward and part of the possible return would be draft picks.

Guys that could be dealt and bring back a decent return? Maybe Higgins or Hansen. Matthias would get you a solid pick as would B Rich.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Iceman2014 wrote:
If the trade deadline had come and gone then I might be a bit concerned.

Now that we're keeping Bo, we definitely have too many forwards. I imagine Benning deals at least 1 forward and part of the possible return would be draft picks.

Guys that could be dealt and bring back a decent return? Maybe Higgins or Hansen. Matthias would get you a solid pick as would B Rich.
I would assume that the first one to go will be Tommy boy before any of the players you mentioned above. The Canucks will then have 13 forwards left.