Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Lancer »

BurningBeard wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Hank wrote:
Rayxor wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Yes Kassian, I will let you go, for Lucic, but there's no way in hell the Bruins are that fucking stupid.
I'm having a hard time reading that second line in tune to the song.
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?

Kassian! Yes, Willie wants to let you go. (Let him go!)
Kassian! Willie wants to let you go. (Let him go!)
Kassian! Willie wants let you go. (Let me go!)
Willie let you go. (Let me go!)
Jim won't let you go (cheap).
NeVey let me go, oh oh oh.
Looch, Looch, Looch, Looch, Looch, Looch, Looch!
Oh, Mama Mia, Mama Mia (Mama Mia, Lack me go.)
Mister Jacobs has a GM put aside for me, for me, for me.

You can rock out now, Rayxor.
Beardo... now see what you started?

Now finish it! :twisted:
*guitar solo*

Drafting really matters
Anyone can see
Benning needs a 2nd rounder
Bieksa will you waive your NTC?

Anyway, the Flames blow...

:mex:
Now it's fixed! ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Benning said the team plans on signing Weber and Subban. Kenins has a knee injury. Team needs to get younger. The Canucks have a good group of prospects. His job is to make room for young players if they are ready. Young players will only be here if they deserve to be (Vey?).

Benning said some good things today. He then followed that up with a defence of Luca Sbisa. WD praised him too.

Can Horvat be assigned to Utica? I'm guessing no since he hasn't been.
Ya, Kenins 4-6 weeks so no Utica for him, season done but will be ready for camp.

Said we will have room for Clendenning and Corrado next year, something must be up. If they plan to re-sign Weber that doesn't leave much room for Clendenning and Corrado.

Said no problem at all asking players to waive if the decision has been made to move on from a player. Room will be made for others.

Expects Subban under contract soon but not NHL ready.

Asked if anyone next year could step in like Bo did this year. Mentioned Virtanen, Jensen and Gaunce as being possible. Thinks Shinkaruk has had a good season and he could compete. On the back end again reiterated that Clendenning and Corrado are ready. Spoke highly of Sven and expects him to be top six next year.

Acknowledged that the core is aging but feels we have core prospects that are ready or close to ready. Used Bo as an example of a core prospect who has shown he is ready to develope into part of the Canucks core. Cited several prospects as what he calls core prospects, Clendenning, Corrado, Sven, Virtanen, McCann, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk. Said Cassels and Subban good prospects but too early. Wants to get them into the fold and start their pro development.

Tough decisions will be made. Reiterated that room will be made. Not much new
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Spoke highly of Sven and expects him to be top six next year.
Is Sven "top six" the same way Bonino is a 2nd line center, and Sbisia is a top four defenseman? Or is he actually being serious in that assessment? :lol: Because it's starting to look like the team has more depth then they know what to do with.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Island Nucklehead wrote:His hands are pretty pretty much tied with Bieksa and Hamhuis on the NTC's. Add to that the lack of depth in the prospect pool. We're pretty much left hoping for Weber, Clendenning, Sbisa, Corrado etc. to take a massive step that none have shown they're capable of. We can't afford any UFA's and can't really trade the under performing vets. Rock and a hard place.
Yup...they are in a tough spot with regards to the D for the next year.

However, in a year's time they will have Bieksa and Hammy off the books, freeing up about 9 million in cap space. Or, if the team is struggling next year they can be traded at the deadline for something.

Linden did say it in the presser today; it will take more than one year to address the issues facing the team.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Spoke highly of Sven and expects him to be top six next year.
Is Sven "top six" the same way Bonino is a 2nd line center, and Sbisia is a top four defenseman? Or is he actually being serious in that assessment? :lol:
DO NOT MOCK MY FRIEND!!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I used to think that neither Hamhuis nor Bieksa would waive but I think if Benning wanted to move he would be very convincing. I doubt Hamhuis would be traded but I could see Bieksa. Gawd help us if we have the same D but with Benning wanting to re-sign Weber and mentioning both Clendenning and Corrado were ready, well if we let Stanton go I guess we could carry 8 D men.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Said we will have room for Clendenning and Corrado next year, something must be up. If they plan to re-sign Weber that doesn't leave much room for Clendenning and Corrado.

Said no problem at all asking players to waive if the decision has been made to move on from a player. Room will be made for others.

Tough decisions will be made. Reiterated that room will be made. Not much new
Hmm I gotta assume one or two of the NTC vets will be get a meeting sometime soon, especially if we wants Clenny/Weber/Corrado on our team asap.

Hockey Widow wrote:
Asked if anyone next year could step in like Bo did this year. Mentioned Virtanen, Jensen and Gaunce as being possible. Thinks Shinkaruk has had a good season and he could compete. On the back end again reiterated that Clendenning and Corrado are ready. Spoke highly of Sven and expects him to be top six next year.

Acknowledged that the core is aging but feels we have core prospects that are ready or close to ready. Used Bo as an example of a core prospect who has shown he is ready to develope into part of the Canucks core.

Cited several prospects as what he calls core prospects, Clendenning, Corrado, Sven, Virtanen, McCann, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk. Said Cassels and Subban good prospects but too early. Wants to get them into the fold and start their pro development.

Good to hear Sven in all likelihood will get a full time NHL gig next season, probably takes Higgins spot.

Liking that our GM thinks Virtanen, Jensen, Gaunce maybe Shinkaruk are ready to compete for a spot, exactly how I feel about em for our squad!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Zedlee wrote:Yup...they are in a tough spot with regards to the D for the next year.
They're only in a tough spot because of that Sbisa contract.

If they would have let Sbisa walk, they would have had $3.6M to put towards an actual NHL caliber defencemen.

Instead, we have Sbisa.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: Said no problem at all asking players to waive if the decision has been made to move on from a player. Room will be made for others.
Thank you,Thank you, Thank you....that's all I needed to hear
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

BurningBeard wrote:
Is Sven "top six" the same way Bonino is a 2nd line center, and Sbisia is a top four defenseman? Or is he actually being serious in that assessment? :lol: Because it's starting to look like the team has more depth then they know what to do with.
I imagine he'll be given a Vey-like opportunity which I prefer rather than a 2-5 game look-see like our previous coaches
followed by a refusal to play the prospect again.
I'm sure there will be a few of those too,but Willie seems to be patient with the prospects and gives them a fair opportunity.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

herb wrote:
Zedlee wrote:Yup...they are in a tough spot with regards to the D for the next year.

If they would have let Sbisa walk, they would have had $3.6M to put towards an actual NHL caliber defencemen.

Instead, we have Sbisa.
Can someone please reach over and give Herb a bimp,his needle is stuck in a groove
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:

Instead, we have Sbisa.
*bimp*...... :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tape a penny on his head
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Tape a penny on his head
Got it..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:Tape a penny on his head
Got it..
showing our age
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.