Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by black ace »

Hockey Widow wrote:The media and the fans are the ones who threw Luongo under the bus, not the team or management.
I dont agree with that. At no point was either player told that Luongo might stay and Schneider might be the one to go. At the end of the year or prior to the draft after trying for 18 months Gillis ought to know that he might trade Schneider and should have told someone that what ended up happening was an option.

Maybe he didnt need to release it to the media but he should have told the players involved even if it was the day before the draft and he had agreed to the deal with the Devils he could have called them and said hey guys this is the direction we may need to go.

Instead everyone learns about it live at the draft.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

black ace wrote: Instead everyone learns about it live at the draft.
FFS that was the best part of the whole ordeal! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

So Lu-cille the drama queen has to make it an entire hour without putting his foot in his mouth OR crying?

That's kind of a tall order. :eh:

Luuuuuuuuuuu
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rummy I foresee you falling in love with Lou all over again in the near future.

OFFENSE - top-6 better this year with a healthy Kesler + Booth + improving Kassian

DEFENSE - better as young dee Tanev + Corrado improve

GOALTENDING - side show over, Lou ready to prove he is STILL one of the best in the game.

COACHING - finally got a real coach

Stanley Cup here we come baby!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

SL has had his Kool-Aid spiked I think. They'll be a good team in the regular season, but this team isn't one that will challenge for a cup, let alone make the 3rd round.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

^^^HW's post.

X2
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Rumsfeld has it right, Lu is a massive drama queen. He really needs to learn how to shut his mouth and get on with his job, but I think he loves the spotlight just that much.

I just read throu the Sorts Forecaster. As usual, it's laughably bad. The Nucks are predicted to finish 6th in the division, and Phoenix of all teams will win it. I find it hilarious that they mention the aging Sedins, yet Thornton still has it though he had a worse season than Hank and is 16 months older.

Who really cares, this team will be just fine this season. They also have about $2.5 million in cap space to add more players should they choose. Given there are still teams over the cap it will come in handy soon.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Diehard1 wrote:Rumsfeld has it right, Lu is a massive drama queen. He really needs to learn how to shut his mouth and get on with his job, but I think he loves the spotlight just that much.

I just read throu the Sorts Forecaster. As usual, it's laughably bad. The Nucks are predicted to finish 6th in the division, and Phoenix of all teams will win it. I find it hilarious that they mention the aging Sedins, yet Thornton still has it though he had a worse season than Hank and is 16 months older.

Who really cares, this team will be just fine this season. They also have about $2.5 million in cap space to add more players should they choose. Given there are still teams over the cap it will come in handy soon.
Of course he's a fucking drama queen, he's Italian ffS, there's 60 million of them sitting in peninsula on the Mediterranean...

How anyone can blame luongo for the Toronto prik media trying to make a circus out of this story in order to deflect attention from their own weasel franchise is beyond me...
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Hockey Widow wrote:

The media and the fans are the ones who threw Luongo under the bus, and the fans that agreed got air time to voice their opinions.
Fixed that for you.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

ukcanuck wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Rumsfeld has it right, Lu is a massive drama queen. He really needs to learn how to shut his mouth and get on with his job, but I think he loves the spotlight just that much.

Of course he's a fucking drama queen, he's Italian ffS, there's 60 million of them sitting in peninsula on the Mediterranean...

How anyone can blame luongo for the Toronto prik media trying to make a circus out of this story in order to deflect attention from their own weasel franchise is beyond me...
Don't think I blamed Lu for this circus, just said he needs to shut up. Had he done that some time ago this would have already blown over. He can't help himself.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Diehard1 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Don't think I blamed Lu for this circus, just said he needs to shut up. Had he done that some time ago this would have already blown over. He can't help himself.
I don't think you're blaming him either but I also think you're wrong about who is and has been driving the mini clown truck. Then, now, or later, it's the toronto media that decides when this is blown over and
You can bet the first Canuck slump this will all surface again.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Masterful orchestration. Is this the work of the Canucks, the new agent or both?

Duthie softballs before the Oly camp in cowtown.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:
herb wrote:I would have liked to see Burrows move in a “sell high” deal in an effort to get younger and grittier.
Alex Burrows is a good player and can be an important part of a team but is there much reason to think trading him would be fundamentally different from trading those other guys? The CBA environment is more or less the same and this season there is even less cap space available than there has been traditionally.
You're comparing one of the most versatile players in the league to a couple of guys who were putting up less points, neither of them known for their defensive zone prowess, shot blocking, penalty killing, and compete level, and both have been plagued by injuries.....one of them was trying to make a comeback from a pretty bad knee injury.

If you are talking simple economics then you may have a point, but as for it being fundamentally different, Burrows is a huge part of this teams core, Samuelsson was a guy that was probably just outside the "inner circle", for lack of a better term, and Sturm was a fill in who was well on his way to becoming a depth forward on this team after just a handful of games. Making a move that includes any of Burrows, Kesler, Lou, Sedins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler, and maybe even Garrison in the near future, would be a bigger move than when MG dealt Sammy and Sturm.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Will Burrows trade value ever be higher?

How much of his defensive game is determined by speed? How soon until the mind is willing, the legs are not?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Will Burrows trade value ever be higher?

How much of his defensive game is determined by speed? How soon until the mind is willing, the legs are not?
Doesn't matter, you don't ever trade a guy like Burrows.

Peri-fuckin-od.

Not only is he one of the best defensive players in the game

... but he is probably second only to Pavel in playoff-goals-per-game.

More importantly he has one of the best team-first attitudes in the game today

(and if he were 30 pounds bigger he'd be the perfect asshole). Image

I want a guy like him molding monsters such as Kassian, Gaunce, and Horvat in his own image.

Yes, Speed is his middle name, but his hockey-IQ is off the charts.

And he's CLUTCH.

I'm pretty sure he'll earn his keep for the rest of his contract.

Hell by the last year of his contract that's probably not much more than the NHL average.

I don't want him to go... ever.

Give him a job in management, clone him, and when he dies bury him at centre ice. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.