Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Tiger »

SKYO wrote:ugh teams sets a franchise record by losing their first 5 regular season games on home ice.

We are the 2nd highest cap team and we are only staying afloat thanks to Miller/Sedins, but at what point do JB/TL go fuckit - full rebuild time?
20 million of our cap is for Vrbata and the twins.. a lot of gold and until that comes off the books we are truly fucked ( Say thanks Mr Gillis )..
Danny cant shoot ( yeah even with Hank hand feeding him the puck he cant put it in the net - Goals shooting average about 1 goal for 20 shots 5.4% . only one worse on the team is Vrbata at 3 % .. They are still getting more time on ice and PP time and doing fuck all ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sedins are top 10 scorers in the NHL over the last ten seasons . Wake up they aren't and have never been the issue with the team .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

First time in awhile I agree with Boozie McKenzie. It's what's after the first line is the problem, has been for a long time. Need to fast track these kids with the high ceilings, much higher than your Prusts, Cracknells and Dorsetts. Unfortunately, seemingly we don't have the proper coach to do it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sedins are top 10 scorers in the NHL over the last ten seasons . Wake up they aren't and have never been the issue with the team .
Lol Blob, same old Toothless Tiger posting the same old crap.

Until the Ducks walk away from the Getzlaf and Perry contracts, they are truly fucked. In 7 games they've done fuck all.

And they are terrible defensively too because they have high possession numbers and hardly ever have to play defense.

All 1st liners should score 100+ points, be defensive wizards and have 37% shooting like Linden Vey.

:lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:First time in awhile I agree with Boozie McKenzie. It's what's after the first line is the problem, has been for a long time. Need to fast track these kids with the high ceilings, much higher than your Prusts, Cracknells and Dorsetts. Unfortunately, seemingly we don't have the proper coach to do it
Agree 10% with this post and something I have been saying for years, my mom always said I was ahead of my time.

I hope the leaderships looks to the blueline and start working on the some plans there as well.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes reef your boiler is ahead of your prick .
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gotta admit, ole Jake Virtanen needs to start waking up and smelling the coffee soon cause I'm starting to get those feelings creeping in that I wish we had drafted Ehlers and Larkin instead with the way those two are playing, ole Jake needs to stop doing the not skating Zack Kassian watching his teammates do all the work, looking completely lost and unsure of what to do out there
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Holy FUCK it's grim in here...

Where's doc and tops to soothe all the pain!
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Gotta admit, ole Jake Virtanen needs to start waking up and smelling the coffee soon cause I'm starting to get those feelings creeping in that I wish we had drafted Ehlers and Larkin instead with the way those two are playing, ole Jake needs to stop doing the not skating Zack Kassian watching his teammates do all the work, looking completely lost and unsure of what to do out there
I agree he should have a lot more points with all the ice time he's been getting . Shape up or ship out .
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gotta admit, ole Jake Virtanen needs to start waking up and smelling the coffee soon cause I'm starting to get those feelings creeping in that I wish we had drafted Ehlers and Larkin instead with the way those two are playing, ole Jake needs to stop doing the not skating Zack Kassian watching his teammates do all the work, looking completely lost and unsure of what to do out there
I agree he should have a lot more points with all the ice time he's been getting . Shape up or ship out .
I agree that ole WD is screwing him like he's a cheap hooker from SKYOs neighbourhood but me thinks he needs to start fighting through WD's lame ass coaching a little harder cause oleWD is trying to sabatoge his year so to get his ass sent back to junior. McCann is doing a better job at fighting back against WD's coaching
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

haha that was a big decision, Nylander, Ehlers or Virtanen, so far Ehlers is rippin' it up after a slow preseason, has the skills and that rare commodity - NHL chemistry right away with Mark Scheifele.

While it's clear Virtanen has the NHL power forward size and hitting capability the NHL hands are not there yet, I'd rather not waste a year contract wise this season for Virt', I think he should go back to jr. and work on scoring - two way ability yadayada.
Power forwards take a long time to adjust anyways, don't think the team should rush him in just yet.

McCann definitely can play right now in the NHL, sure he could stand to gain some muscle but that can be done in the offseason. Right now his elite skills would be wasted in junior he's proven he can adapt his skillset to the NHL, he just needs to find some chemistry and as WD would say the right fit, hope Benning just makes room.

I still think McCann should convert to wing and play with Burrows and Sutter.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
I agree that ole WD is screwing him like he's a cheap hooker from SKYOs neighbourhood but me thinks he needs to start fighting through WD's lame ass coaching a little harder cause oleWD is trying to sabatoge his year so to get his ass sent back to junior. McCann is doing a better job at fighting back against WD's coaching
Looks like your wish might be granted...

Patterson saying the Canucks lines at practice:

Sedins with Vrbata
Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen
Baertschi-Horvat-Hansen
Prust-McCann-Dorsett
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lmao someone got to Willie . He was trying to shitcan those kids .
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:ugh teams sets a franchise record by losing their first 5 regular season games on home ice.

We are the 2nd highest cap team and we are only staying afloat thanks to Miller/Sedins, but at what point do JB/TL go fuckit - full rebuild time?

We'll know soon enough. McCann is what 6-7 games played. Virtanen five or so. By the time Trudeau has named his cabinet we should know the fate of McCann and Virtanen. If they keep the kids they are beginning the transition from the twins. If they send them back, be prepared for Higgins and whoever they call up. Problem is no one in Utica is setting the world on fire.

Maybe we should send them back, not burn a year of their ELC and go for a lottery pick. Wasn't on board with that last year but I am now. We win by losing.
I would prefer to see McCann and Virtanen go back down too. The most important reason: proper development. The contract situation is a consideration as well but not as important. I am not too worried about the draft pick either but a lottery pick might be a nice little bonus. It may also allow Benning to be a big time seller at the deadline which is something I've been wanting for a few years now.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I agree with that sentiment. I really want Benning to start selling ASAP if he can, TDD if he has to wait. Let Vrbata stay with the twins and run up his numbers hoping a playoff bound team will bite for a good return. I'm not convinced he brings back a first but perhaps a second and a decent prospect. I think Hamhuis could be worth more if traded sooner.

Prust won't get us much, players like him are valuable in the playoffs but they don't play a lot and there are cheaper options. We should though be able to recover our 5th, maybe a 4th. Higgins may be more moveable because he will only have one year of term left but I doubt we get much for him. Maybe another 4th.

Miller isn't going to be moved. Even if he was I doubt a playoff team pulls a St. Louis and goes for him at the TDD again. The time to move him is before Christmas or the summer. But again, I doubt Benning considers it.

We don't have any real good players beyond Vrbata and Hamhuis to move so we won't get a return of riches but at this point just clearing cap, roster spots and getting more picks is where I'm at.
The only HW the Canucks need