Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Meds »

$lacker wrote:Not sure how many of you have seen this or if it's even on the boards yet, but I'm pretty excited to see the final product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4AwAYWUwUE
Yeah.....great......why not just call this Orca Change?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

herb wrote:Too bad?? Yeah, too bad Gaunce has been traded from one of the worst teams in the OHL to the best. It really is a shame now that he'll be competing for a Memorial Cup instead of trying to keep a crappy team afloat. That can't possibly be good for his development... :lol:
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer, but I think some ppl here are not very good readers. All I said was "(t)oo bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore". U gotta read the whole sentence, but I guess it's too hard for some ppl. My point is that basically it's too bad that our 2 prospects won't be playing together anymore. God, some ppl here have the reading lvl of a 5 year old. :lol:

Anyways, if that's the way u want to play it, i'm game. U can say that it's good for Gaunce's development to play on a good team so he can win a championship. I can come back and say it's bad for Gaunce to play on a good team cuz it's filled with good players and it'll be easy for him to get lazy and let others carry the team. I say it's better for him to play on a poor team, so he can get more ice time and be "the man" who is relied upon to play in all situations and carry the team on his back. There u go son. There's always 2 sides to every debate/arguement, 2 sides to every coin. :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Its also possible playing on a good team raises the level of play and or learning...Raising the bar so to speak without raising it so high (NHL) as to promote failure
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

High intensity competition in the OHL playoffs will be good for Gaunce.

He can work on that pace thing, that Sutter worries about.

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer
Easily your best point of that post.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Given he is responsible for molding the next generation...
The future is...

Troubling
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
herb wrote:Too bad?? Yeah, too bad Gaunce has been traded from one of the worst teams in the OHL to the best. It really is a shame now that he'll be competing for a Memorial Cup instead of trying to keep a crappy team afloat. That can't possibly be good for his development... :lol:
OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer, but I think some ppl here are not very good readers. All I said was "(t)oo bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore". U gotta read the whole sentence, but I guess it's too hard for some ppl. My point is that basically it's too bad that our 2 prospects won't be playing together anymore. God, some ppl here have the reading lvl of a 5 year old. :lol:

Anyways, if that's the way u want to play it, i'm game. U can say that it's good for Gaunce's development to play on a good team so he can win a championship. I can come back and say it's bad for Gaunce to play on a good team cuz it's filled with good players and it'll be easy for him to get lazy and let others carry the team. I say it's better for him to play on a poor team, so he can get more ice time and be "the man" who is relied upon to play in all situations and carry the team on his back. There u go son. There's always 2 sides to every debate/arguement, 2 sides to every coin. :P
Why is it that players coming from winning backgrounds always seem to develop faster? Maybe because they build confidence and have been taught what it takes to win and have a foundation to stand on when facing adversity. This is especially true with players who do not project to be superstars who benefit from personal success, but rather play a more defined role within the team and are major contributors in ways other than scoring.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Yeah, there's not a GM alive who wouldn't prefer his prospects to be on top teams, to get them playing in tense, playoff games, going for championships at every level possible, get that experience, confidence,knowhow and also not getting used to losing etc. When Gaunce was traded Gillis was likely very pleased.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
*haha* I'll take it on the chin on that one. Nice, that is the only point u can make and u fail to come up with a good rebuttal to my arguement. *clap* *clap* *clap* ;)

I may not be a very good writer, but at least I can read a sentence in context. 8-)

Uncle dans leg wrote:Given he is responsible for molding the next generation...
The future is...

Troubling
Yeah, ironic. Sometimes even I think it's messed up. The youth of the future are doomed. :twisted:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

From SI this morning. Spud, one of Uncle Todd's kids?, is doing spell check for them.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

An interesting little tidbit, the two fourth round picks we gave Columbus in the great Pahlsson trade ended up being Taylor Leier and Josh Anderson. Both Leier and Johnson will be playing with Horvat and Shinkaruk at the 2014 WJC's

Johnson is Horvats teammate in London. Leier plays for the Portland winterhawks
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a very good writer, but I think some ppl here are not very good readers. All I said was "(t)oo bad, guess he won't be playing with our other prospect Jordan Subban anymore". U gotta read the whole sentence, but I guess it's too hard for some ppl. My point is that basically it's too bad that our 2 prospects won't be playing together anymore. God, some ppl here have the reading lvl of a 5 year old. :lol:
My reading comprehension, despite reading your "thoughts", is fine.

I don't see why there would be any benefit whatsoever to having Gaunce play on the same team as Subban. Gaunce is a guy we're hoping can make the team in a year or two, whereas Subban is a 4-5 year project.

Going from one of the worst teams in the league to the best, is nothing but good news for Gaunce. The higher pressure atmosphere that come with expectations, playing with better linemates, winning and getting valuable playoff experience will help Gaunce immensely as he transitions to the pros next year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gaunce development, one would think, will benefit from playing with the high flying Erie Otters.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Canucks recall "Not-Shae" from the Comets this morning. Evidently, Torts was none too impressed with the play of AA Friday night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438519
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:Canucks recall "Not-Shae" from the Comets this morning. Evidently, Torts was none too impressed with the play of AA Friday night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438519
Another classic daring and exciting move in a consistent long line of many by the Canuck brass. All hail the reclamation projects that is standard per usual with this organization.