Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Topper »

Exactly, where's Sven? Does he need to be there?

You have to remember Sven was picked up because buck toothless was growing Slazengers on his spine.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Exactly, where's Sven? Does he need to be there?

You have to remember Sven was picked up because buck toothless was growing Slazengers on his spine.

I don't even know what that means Top.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Buck Toothless = Zach Kassian
Slazenger = Tennis Ball

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Would Benning and co. really admit that mistake so soon? Seems like giving up a 2nd round pick (Rasmus Andersson) for 5 games and 2 goals of Sven would be quite the price to pay. Vey got a whole season, Bonino got a whole season, hell even Clendening got 17 games before Benning decided it he was a mistake.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I don't even know what that means Top.
I think he's read to many Cormac McCarthy novels
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Would Benning and co. really admit that mistake so soon? Seems like giving up a 2nd round pick (Rasmus Andersson) for 5 games and 2 goals of Sven would be quite the price to pay. Vey got a whole season, Bonino got a whole season, hell even Clendening got 17 games before Benning decided it he was a mistake.
Settle down
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Settle down
I'm not even fired up, Dude. Topper is right, Baertschi might not be good enough to make the team, and if that is the case Benning will either save him a spot, be forced to put him on waivers or trade him.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Cornuck wrote: Could well be - but I take one look at that and think "Poor Horvat...." :/
Prust-Horvat-Vey.... HPV would be a terrible burden for the young man to carry.
It'd be even harder for Vey. HPV is tenacious, and hard to get rid of. That doesn't describe Vey last year.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Settle down
I'm not even fired up, Dude. Topper is right, Baertschi might not be good enough to make the team, and if that is the case Benning will either save him a spot, be forced to put him on waivers or trade him.
and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Buck Toothless wasn't going to be able to play due to injury. Sven was insurance in case of further injury woes. If he can't make the grade this season, so be it.

It could be Sven, Ronalds, or Lynden,at that spot in the lineup I was drawing names from a hat, but for me to slot Gaunce in, someone had to be out. I thought Vey was more effective on wing last season and gives the option of playing some centre. Gaunce offers similar versatility.

Why does Benning's ego have to be a factor?

Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Let's hope Sven sees the log-jam at forward and puts the effort in to win the spot. If he does, you wonder if Burrows, Vrbata, Higgins and Hansen are on borrowed-time. It's that or pump up Vey with lots of PP time and trade him.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

One other thing from Benning's interviews the other day was on the impact of the exchange rate.

I remember a poster commenting on that while the current CBA was being negotiated.............

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: I remember a poster commenting on that while the current CBA was being negotiated.............
Now who could this living legend of a poster be??

:mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:One other thing from Benning's interviews the other day was on the impact of the exchange rate.
Yes, from the other day:

McKenzie then asked him about the importance of signing his soon to be free agents to new contracts, focusing in on Dan Hamhuis. Benning talk about Dan Hamhuis, Radim Vrbata and Brandon Prust as being three critical free agents that they would be monitoring. He said they are key parts of our organization at this point and that they have had discussions with the players and their agents about the future. He was asked if any of those three would have new contracts before the season started. He answered no, there is no chance of that. He said they were taking a wait and see approach, how the season plays out, and the state of the Canadian dollar and how it would impact the marketplace moving forward.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Topper wrote: I remember a poster commenting on that while the current CBA was being negotiated.............

A prescient being.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

A prescient being.
Guys, GUYS... we need quotes + links damnit!!
____
Try to focus on someday.