Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Booth out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Booth out.

When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Ballard out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Ballard out.

Kassian is next on my list.
Well maybe when you called out other players for not panning out and then they became successful you lost all credibility.

I freely admit that I don't care or know much about so called corporate professional hockey so I don't talk out of my ass like you do.

You, my friend, are like chicken-shit little and think the sky is falling.

YOU DO NO POST ANYTHING WHEN THE CANUCKS WIN OR ON A WINNING STREAK

You typify the Canucks Fan...fickle to the max :D

Do I have to remind you just how much we sucked for so long before we became a challenger, an Elite team or even a playoff contender?

Everything happens in cycles, we are a mid-tier team right now, deal with it as we recharge.
You are not the GM, you are just a fan. Choose to watch or not.

Do us all a favour though, don't act like you know or knew something we don't.

I played 6 games of a ball hockey tourney yesterday. We came in 3rd. I was the leading scorer on our team and captain. I hurt a lot of young punks and had a lot of fun. Drank some good beers afterwards with the other teams.
I may not be a 'hockey guy' but I do know one thing......

You definitely have the smallest dick on here :P
Pom poms and teddy bear goatees
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Booth out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Booth out.

When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Ballard out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Ballard out.

I've never seen a Canucks fan enjoy watching Canucks fail as much as you do.
Who says I'm enjoying it. Not sure what's to like about Gillis inability to maintain a level of elite hockey respectability with his hockey team. The Blackhawks and Bruins facet fallen from grace the way we have
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:Booth situation getting interesting. Asked to be waived so he can get playing time. Told not yet, trying to trade him but alas no takers without Canucks eating a huge portion of contract, but that may be more palatable cap wise then saving under 1 million if he is waived. Told he may be part of a package ????? But that if he is not dealt he will get another shot in Vancouver before he is waived, has been given an off ice program??
Kesler + Tanev + Booth... FOR... Simmonds + Schenn Brothers. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:

About the same time you flip flopped on CoHo and he became your Savior.
Dude has flip-flopped on countless players over the years.

Sedins, Kesler, and "Mayray" spring to mind.

Booth too!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:
You forgot a few.....

LA acquires Carter and Richards and a new coach.....one of the fastest runs to the Cup ever. 5-4-5-6.....they lost 4 games all playoffs.

Calgary acquires Kiprusoff, runs to the finals with glass slippers and is suddenly the heavy favorites to win it all for the next couple of seasons.....even though they only had two noteworthy players in Kipper and Iginla, and a decent but slow as shit defender in Regehr.
Carter and Richards - Those are what we call BOLD MOVES, do you honestly thing Gillis has it in him? The Kings moved some heavy pieces to get them. Your good buddy Gillis is gonna have to remove himself from the Derek Roy, Sami Pahlsson type deals my good friend.

The Flames - LMAO, they never even got within sniffing distance of the Stanley Cup after that run. Kind of like your Vancouver Canucks. Sorry dude, this same core group has shone a disgusting tendency to fold like a cheap tent went pushed back. There is too much chicken shit in that locker room to get past the grit of the elite teams in our conference.

What needs to happen - Gillis needs to get fired. Thats where the AQ's should start.
I'm confused here Dude.....do you think I'm saying Calgary actually was a contender? I think the Flameouts were shit and received some very stupid accolades from the media.

But both those are examples where a trade that shipped out core, brought in core, or both, resulted in deep playoff runs.

LA is a prime example. They shipped out some big pieces, no question, but the existing core was then added to with Carter and Richards. That's the kind of bold move, deadline (mid-season) deal that it will take here. Like I said, this core is a cardiac patient on it's way out the door, but hitting it with the paddles might get this patient into next week.....or in our case turn them into a contender for another very short time.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

After the Boston series this team needed something, I called it a little more piss and vinegar.

3 season later and after the Sedins the skill drops significantly. There is no magic fix and at the same time the hockey Gods really have it in for the Nucks.

but I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

With the Sedins here for another 4 seasons I would really like to give BoHo and another prospect or 2 a chance to play on the team next season with meaningful minutes. There is a small chance this team as it is currently constructed would go far in the playoffs this season or next. trading picks/prospect for rentals has not worked so develop the young guys and this team will be back up there in a couple of seasons.

I also believe this team could afford to send 1 of the top 4 D guys to get some additional help, there is about a billion different trade opportunities so I wont name any just that if there was one to be made I think they should do it.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:
Who says I'm enjoying it. Not sure what's to like about Gillis inability to maintain a level of elite hockey respectability with his hockey team. The Blackhawks and Bruins facet fallen from grace the way we have
So if the team is playing well its because Nonis and Burke provided all the core players. If the team is playing poorly it is Mike Gillis's fault because he added the supplementary pieces to the roster . Do I have this right RoyalSlug ? Who drives the bus here ? Is it the core who were acquired by the genius managers in Burke and Nonis ? Or is the reason the team is in a slump because Santorelli and Stanton and Kassian have played poorly ?

The more I mop the floor with your hairy ass the more boring it gets.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
So if the team is playing well its because Nonis and Burke provided all the core players. If the team is playing poorly it is Mike Gillis's fault because he added the supplementary pieces to the roster . Do I have this right RoyalSlug ? Who drives the bus here ? Is it the core who were acquired by the genius managers in Burke and Nonis ? Or is the reason the team is in a slump because Santorelli and Stanton and Kassian have played poorly ?

The more I mop the floor with your hairy ass the more boring it gets.
Fuck this guys a good poster, pat yourself on the back, Art.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

who cares dudster...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Prediction for the upcoming 4 game road trip.

Possible 8 points

Canucks will win 3 minimum possibly 4

Actually lose one in OT..so I predict 7 points.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

rats19 wrote:Prediction for the upcoming 4 game road trip.

Possible 8 points

Definitely a realistic possibility.

It's funny. Outside of our game in LA, and two games at the start of this season against San Jose, the Canucks haven't really been blown out by anyone. Even in that LA game, the Canucks hammered Quick with scoring chances and if Quick hadn't made some brilliant saves, things could have gotten out of hand in our favor. All of our games have been close...........and dare I say, up until our most recent home stand, we were actually dominating the mass majority of the games against these elite teams.

Even against Chicago and LA these past two games, we had those teams on the ropes.

San Jose last year playoffs = same thing. Yeah......Sharks won 4-0, but that series could have just as easily been 2-2 since we were leading two of those games with less than 5 minutes left to play in the 3rd.

Against LA the year before in the playoffs - again........that series could have been 3-2 in our favor. We outplayed the Kings in the last 3 games of that series.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that maybe we're not that far off. Are we elite right now? No. Are we all that far off?.................I think that's extremely debatable.

What is the old saying? 1 degree of separation? I think that old adage is definitely applicable here.

EDIT - I'll say one more thing: I agree with John Tortorella that I like this team's work ethic and compete level. They are doing a lot of right things out there. People compare this team to the 2005/2006 team, but I see them being closer to the 2006/2007 team in terms of their tenacity. Elite teams are beating us, but they aren't dominating us. It's that close.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Knight wrote:
rats19 wrote:Prediction for the upcoming 4 game road trip.

Possible 8 points

Definitely a realistic possibility.

It's funny. Outside of our game in LA, and two games at the start of this season against San Jose, the Canucks haven't really been blown out by anyone. Even in that LA game, the Canucks hammered Quick with scoring chances and if Quick hadn't made some brilliant saves, things could have gotten out of hand in our favor. All of our games have been close...........and dare I say, up until our most recent home stand, we were actually dominating the mass majority of the games against these elite teams.

Even against Chicago and LA these past two games, we had those teams on the ropes.

San Jose last year playoffs = same thing. Yeah......Sharks won 4-0, but that series could have just as easily been 2-2 since we were leading two of those games with less than 5 minutes left to play in the 3rd.

Against LA the year before in the playoffs - again........that series could have been 3-2 in our favor. We outplayed the Kings in the last 3 games of that series.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that maybe we're not that far off. Are we elite right now? No. Are we all that far off?.................I think that's extremely debatable.

What is the old saying? 1 degree of separation? I think that old adage is definitely applicable here.

EDIT - I'll say one more thing: I agree with John Tortorella that I like this team's work ethic and compete level. They are doing a lot of right things out there. People compare this team to the 2005/2006 team, but I see them being closer to the 2006/2007 team in terms of their tenacity. Elite teams are beating us, but they aren't dominating us. It's that close.
Yup. I'd say we're one or two players away from being a serious contender, whether that'd be by trade, free agency or some of the young'uns stepping up and reaching a new level Kassian? I'm looking at you! :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Per wrote:Yup. I'd say we're one or two players away from being a serious contender, whether that'd be by trade, free agency or some of the young'uns stepping up and reaching a new level Kassian? I'm looking at you! :drink:
And given where we are in the standings, and what our record has been over the past 10 games, it seems so laughable to even be thinking along those lines........on the surface.

But again - I think we're seeing A lot of good habits/things from this team, and in all/most of our losses to elite teams this year, we have out-played them for the most part.

I almost compare this situation to the Oilers in 2006 when they got Dwayne Roloson, and the San Jose Sharks in 2005 when they acquired Joe Thornton. In both cases, both teams were substantially better than their records would indicate, but just needed that one "piece."

If Evander Kane is available, I think Gillis should make anyone and everyone available to the Jets that is not named Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, Horvat, Shinkaruk, or any of our Top 4 defensemen.

If Hansen, Kassian, Tanev, and a draft pick can land us Kane, I'd do it.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Per wrote:Yup. I'd say we're one or two players away from being a serious contender, whether that'd be by trade, free agency or some of the young'uns stepping up and reaching a new level Kassian? I'm looking at you! :drink:

If Evander Kane is available, I think Gillis should make anyone and everyone available to the Jets that is not named Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, Horvat, Shinkaruk, or any of our Top 4 defensemen.

If Hansen, Kassian, Tanev, and a draft pick can land us Kane, I'd do it.
How many of our top 4 defensemen have had a minor late game stroke that has cost us the game in recent history? I think we can part with one of them as we have 5.....Tanev is playing top 4 minutes, and doing a decent job of it.

One of our top 4 could potentially get a team talking about a top 6 forward. If not a straight up one for one, then at least as the centerpiece. We have some forwards that could be shopped for a defender. Booth is more attractive to some teams than people like to think, particularly teams in the east.....he's fast, goes hard to the net, not shy of the corners, and has a good shot.....but Booth just doesn't fit in here and needs a fresh start. If he's going to be a total bust, well he's only got one year remaining after this one, not a terrible risk for a team to take when the cap is projected to climb. You could package Booth up with some youth or a pick in exchange for a 3-4 guy on the blueline.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I'd be willing to part with any of our top four to acquire an Evander Kane.

Tanev and Stanton have shown they are ready, and it's not a stretch to say Corrado is ready to make the jump either.