Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Rangers wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west
Uh, they had an overall winning record (14-13-1) vs. their Western Conference Opponnents despite starting the season in an extended 9 game road trip with the first 5 against the western conference teams.

So I think they would have made the playoffs. 8-)
No they wouldn't
Why not?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not good enough
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

No they wouldn't
Why not?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not good enough

This is SO awesome! Do you guys also comment on youtube videos?

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Topper wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Players complaining about not enough scheduled practices
Blame the CBA and west coast travel schedule for much of that.
How much worse was the travel schedule under AV versus Fonzie? I doubt the new CBA and the new rules were prohibitive to the point that it was a primary reason why Fonzie didn't schedule more practices.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Just wanted to say, I was @ the library the other day and noticed a dood reading this CC forum. :D
What happens @ the library stays in the library. Milan Lucic would agree with that. 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Betamax wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Just wanted to say, I was @ the library the other day and noticed a dood reading this CC forum. :D
What happens @ the library stays in the library. Milan Lucic would agree with that. 8-)
Did you know he's a teecher?

:lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

A dude.... at the library......on CC .....hmmmm. IP nightly
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

hearing all the stuff now about Torts not being at practice, skipping meetings so he could go back to point roberts and you really wonder what the hell he was thinking... Did he want to be here ? Was the divide with Gillis early ?

Questions we will never know the answer to I guess.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:A dude.... at the library......on CC .....hmmmm. IP nightly
Ah yes, the library.

Where socks are born....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

black ace wrote:hearing all the stuff now about Torts not being at practice, skipping meetings so he could go back to point roberts and you really wonder what the hell he was thinking... Did he want to be here ? Was the divide with Gillis early ?

Ah yes, the internet.

Where rumours are born...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

black ace wrote:hearing all the stuff now about Torts not being at practice, skipping meetings so he could go back to point roberts and you really wonder what the hell he was thinking... Did he want to be here ? Was the divide with Gillis early ?

I wonder why the TSN Panel decided not to, uh, have him again as an expert analyst. NOT. 8-)
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Betamax wrote:

I wonder why the TSN Panel decided not to, uh, have him again as an expert analyst. NOT. 8-)
Apparently he tried to force his way into James Duthie's office when he learned he wasn't welcome back.

Fortunately, two thirteen year-old interns were there to easily restrain him.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:JT was absolutely correct . The biter should be bought out .

Except now with an knee injury he can't be bought out.
I would be surprised if ownership authorizes any buyouts -- including that of David Booth. I would be surprised if the Canucks are operating up to the cap next season.

I think if the Canucks wanted to get rid of Burrows, they would be able to find a trade partner(s) anyway and not need to go the CBO route. For Booth, not so much, unless they are willing to eat a significant portion of his contract in a trade.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:Politics could have played a role of him playing Burr even though he may have wanted him out. He saw the grief he got for benching a player he loved i.e. Richards and maybe felt it wasn't worth the aggravation. It's not like the Canucks' had players sitting out that were better than Burr despite his struggles.
Nonsense. If the Canucks didn't have players sitting out who were better than Burrows then why would he recommend a buyout? That would make the team worse by math alone. Burrows on the 2nd or 3rd line makes sense if he's no longer a top line player. Buying him out when we have Booth who was being scratched? Nah, don't buy it. Its a smear job by someone. Ask yourself this: who in Canucks brass was known to leak info or spread disinformation?
I suspect Fonzie's recommendation probably came closer to the end of the season. In the unlikely possibility that he'd be back to coach the team next season, he didn't see a long-term future of Burrows remaining with the franchise.
Well that just reinforces my point. If he really was *that* bad in JT's book then he would have been the healthy scratch instead of Booth, Weise etc. the rumour he encouraged MG to trade Weise throughout the season makes sense.
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Rangers wouldn't even make the playoffs in the west
Uh, they had an overall winning record (14-13-1) vs. their Western Conference Opponnents despite starting the season in an extended 9 game road trip with the first 5 against the western conference teams.

So I think they would have made the playoffs. 8-)
You don't make the dance at .500 anymore, those days went bye-bye w/ the addition of the loser point rule.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:You don't make the dance at .500 anymore, those days went bye-bye w/ the addition of the loser point rule.
Uh, look at their schedule. They played their first nine games on the road due to renos at MSG. Playing five games at the start against WC teams where they went 1-4. They were on the road over almost a month. That was unusual. To finish with .500 after being put in a tough spots shows that they were trending upwards down the stretch. It's not surprising they are still in the Playoffs. 8-)