Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Bo Horvat recalled, will get his first start against Nashville. I think it is safe to assume that Sestito did not impress. I actually thought he played OK for the limited role he had but. It appears that Horvat is coming back one day earlier.
It doesn't look like Horvat will play tonight.
Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph
By the way Bo Horvat is getting rinsed this morning I really doubt he'll play tonight. He's also coming off back2backs and travel. #Canucks
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I saw that. I guess logistically it was smart to not play Bo Saturday with Utica but instead use Saturday as a travel day to get him to Vancouver and have a wee morning skate and session with the skills coaches. He will be fresh and ready to travel with the team.

Also gives Tom another game.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Also gives Tom another game.
Show case, pump and dump ala CoHo.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The time is now. No better chance to sell a PPG-Player. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

As per Elliott Pap and Dan Murphy on Twitter Bieksa's eye injury is not serious and he is expected to travel with the team this week.

I wonder if Juice will don a visor?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good news indeed re Bieksa. A puck to the eye is a serious thing. I wonder if he is good to play right away. I guess he would be with the eye and all.
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

That would be good news, and a lucky break for Bieksa. Why the league doesn't mandate visors for all players, I have no idea.
What's the rationale for a visor being mandatory in junior, and yet not in the NHL. Is the puck softer?
Plus, one would think insurance costs would go down to some degree. Aren't those costs the responsibility of the team/league?
more cap space!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

More news on Bieksa - he's listed as day-to-day there was no fracture or major damage. Benning described the injury as blood in and around the eye. If that won't make you wear a visor, nothing short of getting Malhotra'd will.

Tom Sestito's injury sounds more longer term. Apparently he was on crutches after the game last night.

Benning also announced that Bo Horvat will make his NHL debut. No surprise there, but will the kid be ready? I hope they let him work his way up from the fourth line. It's long past time to start integrating younger players into the lineup and living with their warts and mistakes.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

kelowna kanuck wrote:That would be good news, and a lucky break for Bieksa. Why the league doesn't mandate visors for all players, I have no idea.
What's the rationale for a visor being mandatory in junior, and yet not in the NHL. Is the puck softer?
Plus, one would think insurance costs would go down to some degree. Aren't those costs the responsibility of the team/league?
Visors are mandatory now for all new players, so a guy like Horvat has absolutely no choice - he must wear a visor. They were grandfathered in a couple of years ago in the latest round of bargaining.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Tommy to LITR conspiracy theory?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Feel bad for Sestito. Not that I'llmiss him but it's tough luck. Of course once he comes off LTIR he can to Utica for a conditioning stint. :mrgreen:

So Horvat in then Burrows back.

Bieksa is lucky and this is a guy with a couple of freak injuries in his career. He contemplated a visor after the Maholtra injury but decided against it. If he is good to fly that is also good news. Hopefully Stanton does well, the team does well, and Juice can rest.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Real sad to hear that Tom Sestito is injured and may miss a few games, big blow to the team, especially since the staged fight goon gorilla and his 5 mins of ice time plays such an important role in hockey today
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

herb wrote:
kelowna kanuck wrote:That would be good news, and a lucky break for Bieksa. Why the league doesn't mandate visors for all players, I have no idea.
Visors are mandatory now for all new players, so a guy like Horvat has absolutely no choice - he must wear a visor. They were grandfathered in a couple of years ago in the latest round of bargaining.
thanks Coco, I didn't know that. A step in the right direction.
more cap space!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

kelowna kanuck wrote: thanks Coco
PO TA TOE!
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend