Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks brass should demand 2nd and 3rd opinions on the hip. This reeks of cop-out from the Shink camp
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

RoyalDude wrote:Canucks brass should demand 2nd and 3rd opinions on the hip. This reeks of cop-out from the Shink camp
LOL... love it! :mrgreen:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

C'mon ODB.

1 post in like 10 months and that's all you got?!!

What happened to the guy that destroyed Sick Bunny and Christazuppy/C-Pup all those years ago?

The people request, nay demand, more from you.

I will be monitoring your future actions. :evil:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It only takes a handful of retards to shitcan the iq of the whole board
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

dangler wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Shinkaruk undergoing major hip surgery, he's now out for the season. I wonder if this counts as an actual injury?

Big blow to the kid but good to get it done now and be ready for the start of next season.

Regardless he is a bust of a draft pick because it happened in the first place. Shows he is fragile and too small to play in the NHL :mrgreen:
Seeing how long it took Kesler to recover from his hip surgery I'm glad Shink has decided to do it now.
I'm happy they are doing it now vice later. Hopefully he can spend his summer prepping for camp instead of rehabbing. Thing is, considering their experience with Kesler's hip I'm comfy that the Canuck brass have the right approach on it. If it was a back issue, however... :crazy:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It only takes a handful of retards to shitcan the iq of the whole board
Oddly enough, I now have the theme song from "Life Goes On" stuck in my head after reading your post.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHFUjNw70 ... KHFUjNw70A
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:It only takes a handful of retards to shitcan the iq of the whole board
No shit eh.
Tough blow for HS. Sets back the development of a blue chipper...of which we have so few

And yes...he has been what amounts to a blue chip prospect coming out of his draft year. Any kid ranked in the top 10 but falls doesn't lose this tag after 6 months...especially after showing well at his 1st NHL camp and going back to junior to dominate
Edit-ok dominate may be a tad optimistic but when did this injury take place and how long was he playing through it with eyes on Malmo?
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hunter Shinkaruk interview coming up at 5 pm on team 1040:

http://www.teamradio.ca/live/music-player/
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Btw his name is Läck, not Lack. Fäckin' retärds. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

dangler wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:Shinkaruk undergoing major hip surgery, he's now out for the season. I wonder if this counts as an actual injury?

Big blow to the kid but good to get it done now and be ready for the start of next season.

Regardless he is a bust of a draft pick because it happened in the first place. Shows he is fragile and too small to play in the NHL :mrgreen:
Seeing how long it took Kesler to recover from his hip surgery I'm glad Shink has decided to do it now.
The same goes for Lack, and his hip surgeries. This shouldn't impact Hunter's development too much. Way less than playing on a bad hip for a few years, and learning a bunch of terrible habits to compensate for a bad hip. I don't see Hunter in the lineup next season, but, he will get a good year in the AHL, where he needs to be anyways. And, enough with the crap about him being small. This was not a being small injury.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

According to family, the Canucks signed Dane Fox (of the Erie Otters) to an entry level contract.
@megg_fox : So very proud of my brother @dane_fox !! Signing his 1st NHL contract with the Vancouver Canucks #proudsis #dreamcometrue
Canucks Army is skeptical.
Dane Fox, a unsigned overage free agent who is producing at 2 PPG. @glitch80 spent the weekend tweeting all the Canucks players in hopes of getting their attention and sharing the name of the player with GM Mike Gillis. The problem is, unsigned overagers rarely (ed note: almost never) pan out in the NHL.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the term "overager" is being used so much over at dotcom...but he is 20 yrs old...not 36 FFS.. als0 41 goals in 35 games . They say he may gel well with gaunce next year in utica..

Almost 2ppg...who of our younguns is doing that?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

rats19 wrote:the term "overager" is being used so much over at dotcom...but he is 20 yrs old...not 36 FFS.. als0 41 goals in 35 games . They say he may gel well with gaunce next year in utica..

Almost 2ppg...who of our younguns is doing that?
He's also aggressive as hell, judging by the number of penalty minutes he's racked up. There's no downside to the signing, doesn't even affect the contract limit as his contract slides this year.

As for Shinkaruk, injuries happen, not much you can do. It's up to him to work hard and come back from it even stronger. He'll be able to do a ton of upper body strengthening which he badly needs, but might be a little behind in leg strength for training camp. Hopefully he recovers well and continues to be a top prospect.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He beat the shit out of Yakupov. It's a free prospect , and at worst helps the Wolves
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:He beat the shit out of Yakupov. It's a free prospect , and at worst helps the Wolves
Error...error....comets
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….