Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:Chris Tanev has a fractured thumb and will be out of the lineup until after the Olympic break.
Shit...this poor team...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

herb wrote:Chris Tanev has a fractured thumb and will be out of the lineup until after the Olympic break.
Jesus, bring up Corrado, and while we're at it, Jensen too. I realize Schroeder's goals were both serious puck luck, but at least he's got it. Bring the kids in, let 'em bring a bit of energy and light to the darkness.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

When it rains.... it fucking tsunami's.....

Agree with BC. Bring up Frankie. Bring up Sauve. Bring up anyone we can bring up to get rid of this horrible dark cloud that's hanging over our head.

Win or lose, I just want to see energetic good hockey. The Coiler game was brutally hard to watch.
Last edited by mathonwy on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Schroeder was the only Canuck who didn’t look like his dog just died on Monday.

I agree with the general sentiment. Make some call-ups and shake up this roster. I actually liked HW’s suggestion of waiving Booth. Clearly the guy is not going to work out here…time to move on. Create a roster spot that we can cycle some Utica guys through and see if anybody catches on. Grenier and Jensen are two guys I’d like to see before the season is done, and I’d like to see Archibald and Corrado a bit more as well.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Tough luck for Tanev, but on the bright side, the timing is perfect.

Somewhat agree with the consensus, let's bring up some kids. But not Jensen.

Waive/demote Booth, recall Corrado and give Grenier Booth's spot.

Higgins Kes Kas
Sedin Richardson Burr
Grenier Schroeder Hansen
Sestito Lain Weiss

Character building period.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Here's my bandaid lineup while Hank is out.

Sedin Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Sestito Dalpe Hansen
Archi Richarsdon Lain

All in favour of waiving Booth?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: All in favour of waiving Booth?
IF we go that route, I would hope the Canucks would just send him home with his paycheck. No point in having him play out the year in Utica. Pay him, let him sit on the couch, and that way he's healthy for a buyout this summer.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Is waiving him the best route or just the quickest?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And now Bieksa will not be on this road trip.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The rumors yesterday were true...Mike Santorelli has had shoulder surgery and is done for the season. Recovery is expected to take 5-6 months. Tough break for Mike and the Canucks.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

So far this season Henrik, Tanev, Edler, Bieksa, Santorelli, Kassian (suspension), Burrows, Luongo, Stanton, Alberts, Schroeder, have all missed significant time. That's half the roster right there.

If the team was healthy they'd be 5 or 6 in the west. Problem is they are never healthy and don't have the depth to overcome major injuries.

Not sure what I want for this season anymore. I can't see Aquilini allowing Gillis to do a mini rebuild, it's just too lucrative to get into the playoffs, but that's really what I think they need. Trade a couple of roster players like the Sharks did last year, maybe you squeak into the playoffs and maybe not, but you're much stronger over the long run. Perhaps a guy like Hansen, Richardson, Weise can get you a pick or young player. A guy like Tanev would grt you more, and a guy like Edler more still. Doubt any big trades happen but third liners are worth a ton at the deadline, would be interesting to shop a couple.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Diehard1 wrote:So far this season Henrik, Tanev, Edler, Bieksa, Santorelli, Kassian (suspension), Burrows, Luongo, Stanton, Alberts, Schroeder, have all missed significant time. That's half the roster right there.

If the team was healthy they'd be 5 or 6 in the west. Problem is they are never healthy and don't have the depth to overcome major injuries.
:mex:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

herb wrote:The rumors yesterday were true...Mike Santorelli has had shoulder surgery and is done for the season. Recovery is expected to take 5-6 months. Tough break for Mike and the Canucks.
Tough break for us poor fuckers that can't do anything about it except watch the slow motion train wreck.

HEY RD. STRAP ON SOME SKATES AND DO SOMETHING USEFUL.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Honestly I am more sad about santo not going to finish having a career year than the team needing him. This is a good chance for shcroeder though so it is not as bad as it looks. Besides I don't mind The canucks doing a mini rebuild and stuff but I mind it when I see them play with no confidence or creativity because their play right now is so pathetic that I can only laugh at them now.