Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Meds »

Interesting fact that I came across when checking to see how far out of the top 10 Luongo is for career shutouts....

Only 2 NHL teams have better than .500 all time winning percentage. Montreal and Philadelphia.

This does not include Colorado and Dallas who are above .500 in their current cities but below .500 when looking at their history prior to moving to their current cities.

Just a bit of perspective, I suppose, about how hard it is to build a consistent winner in this league.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Luongo is one behind Roy, that one he should have had with 7 seconds stings when looking at that number!

Over his career with the Canucks I have lost track of how many SH he has lost in the final 2 minutes. His numbers would be even more spectacular than they are.

It would be sad to see him playing elsewhere and break Roy's record. Hopefully he can pass Roy soon and get that behind him.

But he has a long way to go to catch Hextal in PIMS. All time Hextal leads at 584 min. Luongo has only amassed 36 min so it is doubtful he will catch him :mrgreen: :devil:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Luongo has given the best, most consistent high caliber goaltending in team history, gotta keep him till he's 40 then trade him to Florida for his swan song when he's 41, it's the right thing to do!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: Technically everything I post is inside a set of parentheses I opened in 2003 on the old sportsnet message boards.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote:Luongo is one behind Roy, that one he should have had with 7 seconds stings when looking at that number!

Over his career with the Canucks I have lost track of how many SH he has lost in the final 2 minutes. His numbers would be even more spectacular than they are.
It seems the team has learned from that 7 second sheet-soiling and has been keeping the pedal-to-the-metal while closing out games they lead.
How long it lasts????
I'd find the number of SH's the Canucks lost in the last 2 minutes w/Lou to be interesting as well
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jason Garrison is quietly climbing the ladder of defence scoring. He's now tied for 4th with 22 points.

Karlsson (30 points), Keith (28), Subban (24) and then Byfuglien/Garrison/Yandle/Seabrook/Shattenkirk/J-Bo all at 22.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Vader wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
I'd rather Kassian be a poor man's Iginla rather than a poor man's Bertuzzi one day.
The comparison's to Bertuzzi / Lucic or whomever are unfair to Kassian. He simply doesn't have the hands of a Bertuzzi or the shot of Neely. A better comparison, IMHO, is a bigger version of Scott Mellanby or a little more skilled version of Darren McCarty or Brad May. He'll never become a Bertuzzi or a Neely - and he doesn't need to be to be a very valuable player to the team.

For now, he needs to show a lot more than he has to get more ice time
I don't like any of these comparisons. Some have been addressed. The Lucic one is absurd, Kassian just isn't that tough of a fighter (although willing & able) and Lucic doesn't have Kassian's skating ability or his hands & creativity. Kassian has a solid shot & is an underrated passer. Lucic has also developed into a decent defensive player as evidenced by his backcheck on Kesler's rush. I wonder how he was considered defensively when he was early in his career?

I'm totally fine w/ Kassian being on the 3rd line, its probably where he belongs right now if he'd just get some PP time. Perhaps 2nd line or w/ the Twins. The best thing about it is the coaching staff is really working w/ him, Torts knows the potential he has and wants to bring him along in due time. The main reason I have stated I think he should be w/ the Twins on a regular shift is only because Burrows is out and who else gels w/ them? I can't think of a better fit than Kassian from what I've seen...but he's far from the player Burrows is so it would only be a temporary thing....get Kassian some experience until 14 returns. Hard to argue w/ the results right now even if Hansen doesn't really work on the 1st line either.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:But he has a long way to go to catch Hextal in PIMS. All time Hextal leads at 584 min. Luongo has only amassed 36 min so it is doubtful he will catch him :mrgreen: :devil:
I've always had a soft spot (it might be brain damage) for Hextall. Probably my favorite goalie who was never a Canuck.

How can you not love this guy? :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Its about those sweaters.....

I know they are now being auctioned off for charity. No issues there that's awesome. :look:

My thing is...could we not have come up with a way..any way. To make our boys look less faggy. That's it, small but powerfull rant over :blush:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They could at least be men about it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Topper wrote:They could at least be men about it.
Speaking of men, I wonder if a man in a yellow hat tended to Iginla's injured finger in the lockerroom.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BurningBeard wrote:
Exactly.

One cannot help but love Hackstall.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: How can you not love this guy? :lol:
Exactly.

Billy Smith wanna be.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Exactly.

Anyone else notice how small Hextall's chest protecter and arm pads are compared to what goaltenders are wearing today?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:Billy Smith wanna be.
Yup, you're right, because Smith used his stick like it was a scythe. I always got the impression Hextall was more about his fists, although he didn't shy from carving a guy up either.

Tiger Williams wasn't a big fan of Smith...
I was waiting to get him. I can’t remember if it took me one game or 10 more games. But I hit him right across the neck, as hard as I could. I was going to cut his head right off. The only thing that pissed me off was that I didn’t cut his head off. I was going to catch his head and throw it in the fucking stands.
Oh Tiger, you so funny... :roll:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.