Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Hockey Widow »

Once JS is back it will be Lain they send back to Utica. I doubt they risk losing Dalpe on waivers at this point. Lain is here for a short look see. With Hank out I can see them trying to get JS in on the second line and Dalpe and Richardson will drop down accordingly. Other than size Lain doesn't bring anything more than Dalpe right now.
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I agree that Lain is here just for a look. He needs more time in Utica.

I thought Welsh had more promise as a fourth liner than Dalpe.

Dalpe has been a disappointment IMO. He brings very little to the table and in the seven minutes or so a game he has plays you know his line is probably not going to score and there is a decent chance he will get scored on. He doesn’t do anything particularly well, and doesn’t bring anything to the fourth line in terms of hitting or physicality. His shot seems to be OK, but I think if you have Dalpe in your top 9 your team probably sucks pretty bad.

For a guy who has put up points in the AHL and has average NHL size, he just has not translated well to the NHL. I can see why the Hurricanes gave up on him. Dalpe would be a great player to have in Utica next year to supplement the youngsters we are going to have there.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dalpe is handy only if he is not subject to waivers.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

With a win tonight and LA losing to Anaheim..we could be within one point and even games with the kings..

Pretty damn good for a pile of injuries and all the other things that happen to your conspired against Vancouver Can ucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As long as we don't ever have to play against them.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:As long as we don't ever have to play against them.
Well there's that..
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

According to Sullivan, Stanton is apparently back in the line-up tonight. I guessing Weber will be the one out.

Jim Jamieson Province Blog
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Great news Stanton is back. With Hank being day to day and Santorelli week to week we are not in too bad shape heading into the Olympic break. If we can stay clear of more injuries we may have a decent line up after the Olympics. Oh I forgot Alberts.

Weber has been playing good for us, just not a tough guy. Too bad for him but if he plays well in the Olympics and whatever spot duty he gets the rest of the year I think he will earn himself an NHL contract somewhere next year.

How did Eberle or Hall or whoever slashed Richardson not get a call from the NHL?
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Hockey Widow wrote: How did Eberle or Hall or whoever slashed Richardson not get a call from the NHL?
Heard that he actually called Richardson to apologize about the slash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

givemeda411 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: How did Eberle or Hall or whoever slashed Richardson not get a call from the NHL?

Did he attempt to call or he actually talk to Richardson?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

@sportsnetmurph
Vinny Prospal skated with #comets today. Appears #canucks want to have a look at the 38-year old so look for an AHL PTO soon.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:
givemeda411 wrote:

Did he attempt to call or he actually talk to Richardson?

Heard he did speak to Richardson and apologize. If that's all it takes to avoid a fine or suspension, sheeesh :mex: :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:@sportsnetmurph
Vinny Prospal skated with #comets today. Appears #canucks want to have a look at the 38-year old so look for an AHL PTO soon.

Kinda funny really but at least he won't cost us any picks. Who knows. Maybe we can get him for the league minimum. If he scores one goal he will have one more than Burrows :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Didn't he play for Torts the cup year in Tampa?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hack n whack....sorry man
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Kinda funny really but at least he won't cost us any picks. Who knows. Maybe we can get him for the league minimum. If he scores one goal he will have one more than Burrows :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Didn't he play for Torts the cup year in Tampa?
@SNETPacific

#Canucks AGM Gilman - "Our intent is to sign him to a PTO, he can't play without signing one." #Prospal
Prospal will get some playing time on the farm, then he'll probably get some Canucks ice time if Hank's injury is long.

Torts - Prospal lol...
Remember when Vinny Prospal did that television interview from the bench at the St. Pete Times Forum after scoring two goals in February 2008 to beat the Canadiens?

Prospal, then on left wing for the Lightning, said it was the biggest moment in his NHL career, and he was pleased to "shove it up to somebody's butt."

The somebody was then-Lightning coach John Tortorella, who had taken Prospal off Vinny Lecavalier's line and drastically reduced Prospal's ice time. The Canadiens game marked his return to Lecavalier's line.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning ... ing-buyout
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.