Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:You're being premature. Nothing says the leaves will be aggressively tanking next season.
History is on the side of the leaves tanking again next season, along with the Oilers.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chris Higgins recalled as an emergency replacement for Vrbata. I forgot about him.

Tanev will not play as he was re-injured. Biega may be back, if not I don't know whose left to recall on D. Fedun, Sautner?

Burrows day to day.

Canucks doing a great job milking the injury recall and stealth tanking!

Give Higgy a bit O tonight folks!
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Stealth tanking/ I like that!!!
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Just curious...

Is the lineup from the last few nights (6 or 7 rookies - few more 2nd year players 4-5 vets)

Well, is this lineup eligible to play a preseason game? Do we meet the "minimum veteran" requirements?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Just curious...

Is the lineup from the last few nights (6 or 7 rookies - few more 2nd year players 4-5 vets)

Well, is this lineup eligible to play a preseason game? Do we meet the "minimum veteran" requirements?
Yes they are eligible. There is no minimum vet requirement. To be eligible they need to be under contract by the end of TDD. So they only player not eligible would be Tryamkin.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I thought there was a 7 veteran minimum?
(Or something silly like that??)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought there was a 7 veteran minimum?

No such rule that I know of. But there is a cap floor so you need a healthy dose of vets in order to reach the floor. But we do t have that problem.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:I thought there was a 7 veteran minimum?

No such rule that I know of. But there is a cap floor so you need a healthy dose of vets in order to reach the floor. But we do t have that problem.
You're probably thinking of the development methods of the AHL, which mandates 5 "veterans" maximum:
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

Collective Bargaining Agreement Between National Hockey League and National Hockey League Player’ Association
September 16, 2012 - September 15, 2022
http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/ ... 13_CBA.pdf
CBA 15.4 ( c)
A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either: (1) a defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season, (2) a who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more
NHL Games in the previous season, (3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or (4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games. The matter of Player participation in Exhibition Games shall be referred to the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee for its consideration and recommendations, if any, in accordance with Article 22.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Waffle wrote:Collective Bargaining Agreement Between National Hockey League and National Hockey League Player’ Association
CBA 15.4 ( c)
A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either: (1) a defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season, (2) a who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more
NHL Games in the previous season, (3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or (4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games. The matter of Player participation in Exhibition Games shall be referred to the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee for its consideration and recommendations, if any, in accordance with Article 22.

Never knew that was there, thanks.

It's not an onerous test though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

TDA Rum wrote:I find it funny that you see a bunch of glaring holes when they haven't even played a game yet... maybe you should hold off making assumptions until they have a least played a few games..
I find it funny you didn't see the glaring , gaping holes this team had.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Oh Blobby.... you must be so bored....
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Linden Vey is a one year younger, little bit taller(but I don't believe 6'), version of Jordon Shroeder and that is all you get :-P
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Waffle wrote:Collective Bargaining Agreement Between National Hockey League and National Hockey League Player’ Association
CBA 15.4 ( c)

We came close to that a few times this last week or so.

I guess we are having a good look at the youngsters, or one could argue we are tryout tanking :D
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Madcombinepilot wrote:or one could argue we are tryout tanking :D
I'm starting to think of it as the "stealth tank". The team widely proclaims that it will be competing for a playoff spot, thereby placating fans who oppose tanking, while actually manoeuvering for a lottery pick. Perhaps Jim Benning's alleged genius is reflected in the invention and plausible execution of the stealth tank.