Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
ESQ wrote:Because, Topper, Benning is the only GM in the history of the NHL who would be screwed if the starting goalie and the backup both get injured at the same time!!! :stupid:
JB had a capable guy who could step in and play, but decided to get rid of him for jack shit. The guy who he decided to go with doesn't even play ONE game and gets injured in practice. Not impressed. :stupid:
Todd, Todd, Todd, you've lost it buddy.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

So injuries are now JB's fault? Yep, lost it.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Everything is the GM's fault, I had to go to Alberta this weekend and it is his fault.

All I can say after game one was that there seemed to be more skating by the forwards after the first 5 minutes.

The D, well I just hope that was a bad game by a couple of them and they relax out there and get better. Cant remember which announcer but one of them is going on about Sibisa and that he will get better, just needs a few more games......
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I thought our defence was much better in the second half the game, especially the third period. Our overall transition game looks like it's NHL caliber now. It will take a few games for the pairings to settle in and for game management to get sorted. Edler still holds onto the puck. He gets it along the boards and turns into the boards almost every time, like he is saying ok here I am come hit me and see if you can get the puck. Sbisa just has too many casual Kev moves. But so far, game one, they looked good. Now it may have been Calgary quit but we will see tonight.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Todd, Todd, Todd, you've lost it buddy.
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" :twisted:
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hutton definitely belongs - the kid looks good. McCann played well as well but it looks like Willie is giving him the rookie treatment, under 10 minutes per night. Hopefully Virtanen plays next game because there's no reason to play both Prust and Dorsett at the same time. Twins look great, the Horvat line and especially Bo himself look amazing, and Miller has been very good so far.

Downside is Sbisa still looks like crap, Weber is not back to how he was playing last year yet, Bartkowski I'm not impressed with yet but it's very early, he has some talent. Sutter was very good in game 1, pretty bad in game 2 so we will see how he continues. My one big worry with him is his face off ability has been bad and needs to improve.

There are some positive signs so we will see how the back to back goes against the Ducks and Kings. The Kings look like the worst team in the league early on, doubt that continues.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Any word on the line up for tomorrow?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Todd, Todd, Todd, you've lost it buddy.
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" :twisted:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote:Any word on the line up for tomorrow?
No, but here's what I'd like to see:

Sedin – Sedin - Vrbata
Baertschi – Horvat - Virtanen
Burrows – McCann - Hansen
Cracknell – Sutter - Dorsett

(Sutter with lots of special teams icetime)

Edler – Tanev
Hamhuis – Weber
Hutton – Sbisa

(Hutton on the #1 PP)

:mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Doc, two games in mind you, but what have to you seen to have Cracknell over Prust?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote:Doc, two games in mind you, but what have to you seen to have Cracknell over Prust?
Well it seems to me that ole Prust is having one helluva time getting around the rink of late

... but hey, either Cracknell or Prust in that spot is fine by me. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Yes, Prust is by no means fleet of foot. But he brings more grit and toughness than that of Cracknell.

I'd swap out one of the kids, namely Sven, in place for JakeV18 tonite. :thumbs:
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

yeah, I would sub Prust for Cracknell also doc. Really looking forward to seeing what Virtannen can do.. if he dresses.
more cap space!
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

BladesofSteel wrote:Yes, Prust is by no means fleet of foot. But he brings more grit and toughness than that of Cracknell.

I'd swap out one of the kids, namely Sven, in place for JakeV18 tonite. :thumbs:
Yeah, you can't do that to Sven yet, not after two games. you can't have hi'm looking over shoulder unless he shows he cant cut the mustard. That's what they did to him in Calgary. If we are giving kids a chance to prove themselves its Vets that have to sit because they can see the bigger picture and have been to this rodeo before.
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

I would also be worried about Virtanen trying too much and getting caught out of position. He seems to have that rep already... He probably read all the press running over Mc David and wants to have a go again. He needs to be smart and we can't dangle him against men and let him hang out to dry.