The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 17695
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Arachnid
CC Legend
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin
Contact:

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Arachnid »

Fight! Fight! Fight!

*gets popcorn to watch the Hedgehogson whore & the Gassian Groupies duke it out all facking season*

It's like watching guys play with other mens penises and not their own in a non-gay way :crazy:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8362
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
Offensively gifted... but he was still on for 3 of 4 Boston goals (all even strength), and didn't look particularly good in his own zone.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10069
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
Even + - isnt massive
Getting old is not for the young...

dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
I hear Thomas Vanek had a pretty good night too.

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by tantalum »

Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

One thing is not like the others. And as pointed out he is offensive at both ends of the ice.

dbr
CC Legend
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by dbr »

You've gotta kind of feel for Cody though - he is being misused as a first liner.

I guess the point totals will help him when his contract comes up at the end of the year but he is going to have to do some serious learning on the job if he wants to hold onto that spot.

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by tantalum »

I don't feel for him at all. It's the exact role he thought/thinks he can play. But yes he is miscast. It doesn't help that Ruff has 3 or 4 forwards that he really doesn't trust to play. It puts a lot of pressure and icetime on the other 8 or 9 guys. He isn't ready to be a core player and, really, unless his defense really improves he never will be one on a good team. The Sabres have Grig staying up for the year and Girg in the minors learning his craft. Both are 6'3" and can skate. It's going to be hard for Hodgson to hold onto a top 2 spot over the next couple of years in that organization unless he does improve the defense and perhaps his skating by a significant amount. He'd be equally miscast in a bottom 6 role or on the wing.

The kid has great vision. Great offensive talent to be sure. But it's the defensive aspects of the game that he'll need to address to not have the Sabres looking past him to Grig and Girg in the next year or two.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10069
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 »

tantalum wrote:I don't feel for him at all. It's the exact role he thought/thinks he can play. But yes he is miscast. It doesn't help that Ruff has 3 or 4 forwards that he really doesn't trust to play. It puts a lot of pressure and icetime on the other 8 or 9 guys. He isn't ready to be a core player and, really, unless his defense really improves he never will be one on a good team. The Sabres have Grig staying up for the year and Girg in the minors learning his craft. Both are 6'3" and can skate. It's going to be hard for Hodgson to hold onto a top 2 spot over the next couple of years in that organization unless he does improve the defense and perhaps his skating by a significant amount. He'd be equally miscast in a bottom 6 role or on the wing.

The kid has great vision. Great offensive talent to be sure. But it's the defensive aspects of the game that he'll need to address to not have the Sabres looking past him to Grig and Girg in the next year or two.
that and he is a headcase who thinks more of himself than he should...plus his Dad..

Grig & Girg...twin ogres..lol

Hodgson not renewed as twin ogres replace his role...lofl
Getting old is not for the young...

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 816
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Boston Canucker »

If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed. The jury will be out on both players for awhile, but if what we're seeing is what we're going to see for the next 5-8 years....I like it!

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1612
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Potatoe1 »

Boston Canucker wrote:If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed.
This.

User avatar
herb
CC Legend
Posts: 3014
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by herb »

Boston Canucker wrote:If Kassian turns out to be the real deal as Top 6 Lucic type power forward, then I don't care what Coho does; the Canucks will have got the player they needed. The jury will be out on both players for awhile, but if what we're seeing is what we're going to see for the next 5-8 years....I like it!
Exactly.

It's already looking like we made out like bandits on that deal, and who knows what Kassian's upside is now. I don't really care what Cody Hodgson does.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 24789
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Massive game from CoHo tonight, 1 goal and 2 assists.
I hear Thomas Vanek had a pretty good night too.
Yeah, they're definitely hodgsoning Hodgson. :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11729
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

One thing is not like the others. And as pointed out he is offensive at both ends of the ice.
Daniel 6pts
Zach 5pts
Hank 4pts
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10069
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Grabner/Hodgson Combination thread

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:Vanek..15 pts
Pominville..12pts

Hodgson...6 pts

One thing is not like the others. And as pointed out he is offensive at both ends of the ice.
Daniel 6pts
Zach 5pts
Hank 4pts
So, are you saying that Cotton should have at least 11pts for this to be a comparable comparison..
Getting old is not for the young...

Post Reply