OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Jovocop »

Brick Tamland wrote:Well there is finally another NW team in the playoff picture as the Wild knocked off the Coil last night. It would be nice if more than 1 NW team made the playoffs this year. Luckily the SE clearly has the title of sad sack division as of now.

From the same game Taylor Hall will probably/won't/might/will definetly get suspended for his attempted hip check on Clutterbuck. Note to Hall - you should probably not lead with your knee when hitting, just sayin...
I have to confess that I was actually happy to see Clutterbuck lying on the ice in agony. That little bugger always cheapshots other players when he has a chance. What goes around, comes around.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Looks like Silfverberg is beginning to find his wheels! :D
He only has six points so far, but three of those came in his last three games. Yesterday he scored a short handed goal against the Rangers and fired a total of eight shots on goal. He then also scored on a penalty shot in the shootout.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

For RD,

In their head to head yesterday.
Stumpy, -3
Magic 40, Third Star
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

And Chicago wins again.

Detroit takes a penalty in the last 2 mins of the game and Chico scores to tie it up, then wins in the SO.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Sooo…..we’re halfway-ish through the season and have not pulled ahead of our lame duck divisional foes at all. The west is tighter than {insert joke here}, and we are stumbling of late.

With a win tonight over Chicago and a Canuck loss to San Jose, Minnesota will take the division lead. It seems like it may be a wild ride right until the playoffs. The Canucks may actually have to play meaningful games before hand.

Oh yeah, we also have a goalie controversy, which includes a struggling number 1 goalie (by his account), a 4million dollar #8 dman who may or may not cause issues in the room, and injury issues. It’s good to be a Canucks fan. :D
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Crosby and Malkin are so fun to watch. I get pangs of jealousy whenever their games are on TSN. How the fuck Pittsburgh gets the best two players in the league rights after they're done with the last two best players in the league is beyond me and it reeks like shady NHL bullshit.

Four generational talents in a row? Winning the Crosby lottery right on the brink of moving cities? In all our shitty seasons we never get ONE first overall pick? DANIEL GETS A PENALTY FOR BEING SPEEDBAGGED IN THE FINAL?!! Suck my admittedly massive dick.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hawks down 5-2 to the worst team in the west with 10 minutes left in the third, they have been brutal in the 2nd half of the season thus far.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

And Chicago finally lost.....epically to the Avs. 6-2! WTF.....I know they said that the Canucks were staying an extra night in Columbus before heading to Minny.....was that a smokescreen and AV and Co secretly flew to Denver, mugged the Hawks on their way off the bus and then went out in Chicago's jerseys?

Crawford took the rap saying he "didn't have it tonight"......that's a total Lou or Schneids thing to say after getting hung out to dry by the team.

I smell a rat!

I mean a fish.....I smell a fish.....

Aww fuck...

Sorry Rats. :(
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is the return of O'Reilly having an affect? 1 goal and an assist for him last night and 3rd star. Would be nice if David 'Ron Duguay Beach Hair' Booth had the same affect.

It seems to me that every time David 'the rifleman with the Bible' Booth returns to the line-up we start to suck. Weren't we playing pretty decent hockey this year without David 'Bubbleheaded Beach Blonde' Booth. I recall this being the same when he returned to the line-up the previous season.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote:Is the return of O'Reilly having an affect? 1 goal and an assist for him last night and 3rd star. Would be nice if David 'Ron Duguay Beach Hair' Booth had the same affect.
The Av's have been missing Landeskog, Johnson, and O'Reilly for most of the season.

Moving forward I suspect they will be a vastly improved team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is the return of O'Reilly having an affect? 1 goal and an assist for him last night and 3rd star. Would be nice if David 'Ron Duguay Beach Hair' Booth had the same affect.
The Av's have been missing Landeskog, Johnson, and O'Reilly for most of the season.

Moving forward I suspect they will be a vastly improved team.
But Potatoe, according to some here, O'Reilly isn't very good.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Lets all envision a 3-20-1 second half for the Blahcocks!

8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Philly down 3 - 0 in first period. 3 goals on 6 shots.

I am starting to think Philly would be the best bet for Canucks and Luongo.

Have Philly trade Bryz to NYI so they can always reach cap floor, I know it wont work but hey you never know.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote: Have Philly trade Bryz to NYI so they can always reach cap floor, I know it wont work but hey you never know.
We could always send Bryz to the shithole of the universe ...... Errrr ..... Edmonton!