OOTS...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS...2013

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Bob Cole would roll over in his grave.
:wow:
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Checking out Dubnyk imploding in Coilerville....
hahahaha...what a Dubnyk :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Checking out Dubnyk imploding in Coilerville....
You spoke too soon, it seems.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
No I didn't...Habib finished after he got yanked. Check out the lowlights
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
No I didn't...Habib finished after he got yanked. Check out the lowlights
Ya I know, but that was quite the gutsy comeback by the Schmoilers. There is some pep in them young smurfs up in the frozen tundra of Alberta.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Ya I know, but that was quite the gutsy comeback by the Schmoilers. There is some pep in them young smurfs up in the frozen tundra of Alberta.
That 2nd goal was a Cloutier/Potvin special. Maybe the worst goal scored in the NHL I've ever seen. He followed that gem up with another goal against on the next shot. He imploded bigtime.

I find myself cheering those bastards on up there too. It's strange but there aren't any assholes to hate and they're always giving their all. Weird to say but I'm a closet Coiler fan. 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Ya I know, but that was quite the gutsy comeback by the Schmoilers. There is some pep in them young smurfs up in the frozen tundra of Alberta.
That 2nd goal was a Cloutier/Potvin special. Maybe the worst goal scored in the NHL I've ever seen. He followed that gem up with another goal against on the next shot. He imploded bigtime.

I find myself cheering those bastards on up there too. It's strange but there aren't any assholes to hate and they're always giving their all. Weird to say but I'm a closet Coiler fan. 8-)
I'm not a fan of the Oilers, even though everyone thinks I am. I am actually disgusted by how they are going about rebuilding that franchise, by purposeful tanking every year, or at least 3 years running now, in which IMO, the draft/league should not reward the team with the worst management of the league with the first overall pick. It's like, "Hey Oilers General Manager...you suck! But for that, we reward the first overall draft pick for you being the worst general manager of the year." The whole draft system needs to be overhauled big time.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Maybe "fan" isn't the word...I enjoy watching them play. They don't trap, they like to trade odd man rushes and every goal is celebrated like the cup clinching goal.
Tambellini is a brutally bad Gm in my opinion. Lowe is even worse. The team will never thrive on the ice until they clean out the upper management and bring in actual hockey minds.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

RoyalDude wrote:
Meh, every goalie has to get a win now and then.

He's still a Dubnyk.
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A Datsyukian deak of all time!

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Don't watch if you can't stand seeing guys eyes roll in the back of their head.

Tarasenko was out of the hospital last night and already rejoined team.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

What is Taransenko doing? What a dumb play. Fuck, especially in the offensive zone, you have to know guys are going to be backchecking.

You don't dish the puck on your backhand and then skate in the opposite direction that the puck is moving, while watching the puck. Guys need to take some responsibility for their actions.

Olver didn't really even skate through him, he could have absolutely killed that kid but looked like he let up a bit to me!
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Yeah people rant and rave about blaming the victim but you have to be aware of what your setting yourself up for. That play reminds me of all those situations where guys turn their back at the last second and then get nailed along the boards and wonder why.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:What is Taransenko doing? What a dumb play.
AHL dipsy doodle.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

Well there is finally another NW team in the playoff picture as the Wild knocked off the Coil last night. It would be nice if more than 1 NW team made the playoffs this year. Luckily the SE clearly has the title of sad sack division as of now.

From the same game Taylor Hall will probably/won't/might/will definetly get suspended for his attempted hip check on Clutterbuck. Note to Hall - you should probably not lead with your knee when hitting, just sayin...